Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

PattySutton Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 9:21:33 AM(UTC)
PattySutton

Groups: Registered

I am not sure you can help me, but I am hoping. I want to make 5 x 7 mat like cuts with my cricut. I have been watching videos and haven't found exactly what I am looking for. I am sure the cricut can do it, just don't know what steps I need to take. First off I have the expression and personal, I tried it on the personal to no avail, but I think the expressions should be able to do it. Here is the project I am trying to do. Our Cross Country team is headed to states. I wanted to make like a mat with their name on the top, Harbor on the left side of the mat and Springs on the other, the bottom I would like to have it their best times. I want to have the inside cut out like a 4 x 6 size so that a can place a picture in there. I know this is hard to explain, but I am crunched for time and would prefer to have some help. I will try to show you.

Jessica

H S
A P
R R
B I
O N
R G
S
PR 12:15

I appreciate any ideas/help you can give me would be awesome.

~tallulah~ Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 7:10:01 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 247 post(s)
i don't think you can do this w/o the design studio program or the gypsy. because you would have to weld each of those to the *mat/frame* and you cannot do that with just the cricut cutting machine.
Raskle Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 2:13:21 AM(UTC)
Raskle

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 54 post(s)
PattySutton wrote:
I am not sure you can help me, but I am hoping. I want to make 5 x 7 mat like cuts with my cricut. I have been watching videos and haven't found exactly what I am looking for. I am sure the cricut can do it, just don't know what steps I need to take. First off I have the expression and personal, I tried it on the personal to no avail, but I think the expressions should be able to do it. Here is the project I am trying to do. Our Cross Country team is headed to states. I wanted to make like a mat with their name on the top, Harbor on the left side of the mat and Springs on the other, the bottom I would like to have it their best times. I want to have the inside cut out like a 4 x 6 size so that a can place a picture in there. I know this is hard to explain, but I am crunched for time and would prefer to have some help. I will try to show you.

Jessica

H S
A P
R R
B I
O N
R G
S
PR 12:15

I appreciate any ideas/help you can give me would be awesome.

Do you have Design Studio? If so there are some great posts and blogs you can look at that explain this issue (Capadia Designs for one) as well as YouTube videos. Hope this helps!