Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JaimeG Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 6:40:03 AM(UTC)
JaimeG

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am hoping someone else has had this same problem and can lead me in the right direction;

I have tried to link the "Mini Monsters" cart I just purchased and it started to process, it asked me about accepting the terms and I selected agree...then before it could finish the final connection, the message came up something about making sure the cartridge was linked via the cord and it was. I tried a few times and each time it was the same. I also linked other carts this morning so I know that this is happening with only this cart. Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Jaime
CricutingCarol Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 4:39:56 PM(UTC)
CricutingCarol

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I had this happen with my Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge last week. I was linking all my carts at once because I just got my G and with this one, it would recognize it, I would accept the terms and agree, it would start the connection and get about 80% of the way done and then either tell me to make sure it was connected OR would just kick it back to the start linking screen.

Here's what I read online and tried:
* Flip the cart around on the cord... sometimes it reads better that way.
* Turn off the G, wait, turn it back on and try it again.
* Link it through the Cricut machine (sometimes I guess it reads better that way).

None of those worked for me.... BUT I did get it to work....

by starting the process and then wiggling the cart on the cord! LOL! Seemed so silly, but it worked! I just wiggled it a little bit and kinda pushed gently to one side and suddenly, it finished the process of linking! I guess the connectors just needed a little help reading each other!

I also read a lot of people say that none of this worked for them and they had to contact PC and get a replacement cart. I sure hope you don't have to do this!

Good luck! Let me know if it works!!!!
Doxieluv01 Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 4:44:06 PM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2261 time(s) in 1788 post(s)
also try plugging your G into the power outlet and link the cart while your G is plugged in.