Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

scrapsprite Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 4:49:48 AM(UTC)
scrapsprite

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Thanks to all you helpful MB people I've become aware of the troubleshooting part of the Gypsy Sync software. Is this stuff documented anywhere other than in various threads? How did you all find out about it? I wish everything was in one place instead of us having to search through threads to find these wonderful tips. I think some of you should be paid by PC for providing customer serviceLOL!!
We really need this info (troubleshooter, getting started, running updates) consolidated now that so many people are buying Gypsies and have questions! Why doesn't PC put it somewhere on this MB for us to reference? Thank to Mercy, we do have some of the threads to reference from the old MB!
Mercy Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 11:07:41 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
scrapsprite wrote:
Thanks to all you helpful MB people I've become aware of the troubleshooting part of the Gypsy Sync software. Is this stuff documented anywhere other than in various threads? How did you all find out about it? I wish everything was in one place instead of us having to search through threads to find these wonderful tips. I think some of you should be paid by PC for providing customer serviceLOL!!
We really need this info (troubleshooter, getting started, running updates) consolidated now that so many people are buying Gypsies and have questions! Why doesn't PC put it somewhere on this MB for us to reference? Thank to Mercy, we do have some of the threads to reference from the old MB!

You are welcome.

At some point I do plan to merge the two threads into one post on this message board but for now, as you stated those two threads are on the old mb.

The troubleshooter is a little different because it is not an across the board thing as each problem is different. The problem is a person might read the steps we give to someone and apply it to their own g in which it might fix the problem but it might have been a shorter or less agressive solution to their particular problem etc. Then you have that person telling others to perform the troubleshooter in which they might not really had to do so. To troubleshoot, there are steps until we find the right fix for the solution as the troubleshooter is the last result and erasing the g is surely the last result before pc will send out a replacement. Therefore, you have not seen anything specific written for troubleshooting because it is broad.

What we have learned, for the most part came from one another because when the g came out, we were clueless. We did not have any information to help us along. We had a manual but that did not teach us what we needed to know and please do not mention the bugs. It has been a ong hard fought battle in which it took the owner and the head of product development to come to the board. Therefore, out of that meeting we received Bug Guides which are sort of like moderators. From there we learned the troubleshooter amongst other things.

scrapsprite Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 5:41:11 PM(UTC)
scrapsprite

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Mercy, you and the others were certainly brave pioneers! I probably would have thrown Gypsy out the window if I had bought it a year ago! OhMyGod I certainly would have been PO'ed about spending that much money and not getting enough support, etc.

Many many thanks to all of you who went through the learning process ahead of us and are sharing that knowledgeSmile Smile!!
 1 user thanked scrapsprite for this useful post.
Mercy on 10/22/2010(UTC)
Mercy Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 2:40:28 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
scrapsprite wrote:
Mercy, you and the others were certainly brave pioneers! I probably would have thrown Gypsy out the window if I had bought it a year ago! OhMyGod I certainly would have been PO'ed about spending that much money and not getting enough support, etc.

Many many thanks to all of you who went through the learning process ahead of us and are sharing that knowledgeSmile Smile!!

Well, you are sharing your knowledge as well and you are doing a great job in doing so. Keep up the good job!
 1 user thanked Mercy for this useful post.
scrapsprite on 10/22/2010(UTC)
TheBugBytes Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 4:18:53 PM(UTC)
TheBugBytes

Was thanked: 1539 time(s) in 876 post(s)
 1 user thanked TheBugBytes for this useful post.
scrapsprite on 10/22/2010(UTC)