Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

little-izzy-loves-crafting Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 9:01:41 PM(UTC)
little-izzy-loves-crafting

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi, I did the new update for the celebrate with flourish, it is showing in the cartridge selection but when I go to look at it (click on the cartridge to see everything) it take me back to the welcome screen. It is doing that with nifty fifties and shall we dance also. All my other carts are working fine so far. It is just the new ones. I am now on version 1.4 (0202-0203) and when I plug my gypsy into the gypsy sync it says it is up to date. All of my updates have been smooth until now and I bought my gypsy last year at the hsn launch. Thanks for any help. I don't know if I should try to link my cart celebrate with flourish or not. I could always see what was on the carts through gypsy befor I linked them, I have been waiting on this update for so long like most of you. Thanks again.
Mercy Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 9:10:30 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
little-izzy-loves-crafting wrote:
Hi, I did the new update for the celebrate with flourish, it is showing in the cartridge selection but when I go to look at it (click on the cartridge to see everything) it take me back to the welcome screen. It is doing that with nifty fifties and shall we dance also. All my other carts are working fine so far. It is just the new ones. I am now on version 1.4 (0202-0203) and when I plug my gypsy into the gypsy sync it says it is up to date. All of my updates have been smooth until now and I bought my gypsy last year at the hsn launch. Thanks for any help. I don't know if I should try to link my cart celebrate with flourish or not. I could always see what was on the carts through gypsy befor I linked them, I have been waiting on this update for so long like most of you. Thanks again.

In the cart library, do you see Nifty Fifites and Shall we Dance?
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 9:16:15 PM(UTC)

yes they are in the cart library also. I don't know what went wrong this update for me.
Mercy Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 9:20:14 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Connect your g to the computer.

Put the g on the welcome screen.

Click the sync icon.

Go to Help.

Go to Gypsy Troubleshooter.

Click yes to proceed.

Click yes to the first question and let us know the outcome.
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 9:25:32 PM(UTC)

it is recomended that you restore your cartridge data. Would you like to do this now?
Mercy Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 9:26:59 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Yes
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 9:36:09 PM(UTC)

thanks it is now downloading full content data file. Is this what I should be doing? I am on dial up, sooooooooooooooo slow, but will let you know the outcome. Will it be okay to let it go all night? My dial up is that slow. Maybe I should have went to my daughters house for her high speed lol. If my internet shuts down, sometimes I get disconnected will it hurt my gypsy? Thank you again.
Mercy Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 9:53:26 PM(UTC)
Mercy

thanks it is now downloading full content data file. Is this what I should be doing? I am on dial up, sooooooooooooooo slow, but will let you know the outcome. Will it be okay to let it go all night? My dial up is that slow. Maybe I should have went to my daughters house for her high speed lol. If my internet shuts down, sometimes I get disconnected will it hurt my gypsy? Thank you again.

I would say that because you are on dial up perhaps the download did not go through properly.

What you are doing now is troubleshooting the g which is to be done only when it is needed. What you told the sync to do is to re-load the cart library hoping that it will repair any cart issues.

We could have chosen other options but this is the less agressive one. Had I known you were on dial up, I probably would have chosen another option. Therefore, if this does not work, then go to your daughter's house and try option 2 but we are hoping this will solve the problem. You will repeat the same steps but instead of clicking yes to the question you posted, click no and yes to the next question. So, it will be yes to proceed, no to the question you asked and then click yes to the next question.

If you do not want to go through another trial to see if option 2 worked, then use the most agressive option in which it will erase everything on your g so if you have saved any files, then make sure you back up your g prior to doing option 3. So, you will click yes to proceed, no, to the question you posted, no to the next question and yes, to the last question.

I will not be around most of the day as I might peep my head in if time allows so I am giving you all the information so you will know what to do. Also, we are supposed to get another update tomorrow so that might fix your problem without you having to go through the troubleshooter. Therefore, if this option does not work, then wait to see if there is an update which may take all day, try the update to see if you are able to link. If you do not want to wait, then proceed with either option 2, 3 or both. Option one and two does not erase everything from your g. If you have any questions, let us know.
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 10:05:23 PM(UTC)

thanks mercy, I will wait for the new update tommorrow if this does not work, before I try the other options. I have another question tho, If my internet shuts down on me before it finishes what it is doing now, will my g be okay? Would I just reconnect and repeat this same step first? Sorry to bug you, and grateful for your help. It is windy and raining here and hopefully power won't go out, it just started. Thanks again.
Mercy Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 10:16:31 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Nooo, you are not bothering me as I am doing computer work, well it is not work, lol so I have a little free time. lol We are here for one another so ask away and if I can answer you, I will try to do so.

The bad weather is not good especially for dial up so prayerfully it will not mess up what you are doing. To answer your question, if you are disconnected, once you start the sync over, it should pick up where it left. I am still waiting for confirmation but I also read that the update might come Friday. We are used to the delays as it might come Thursday, it might come Friday, it might come Monday etc so I do not know when it is coming but it is supposed to come. Hello Thursday is today but that does not mean we will get an update.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 10:37:29 PM(UTC)

I know how the delays go and also to not update on a friday too. If my power goes out or if I fall asleep (trying not too lol). Will it be okay do you think to run to my daughters house to reconnect? If so at least it will be high speed. Hoping it all goes smooth tho. My sync is moving so slow lol it will probably be still updating this time tommorrow. Or is there a way to stop it and start it up again at her house?
Mercy Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 11:16:51 PM(UTC)
Mercy

I know how the delays go and also to not update on a friday too. If my power goes out or if I fall asleep (trying not too lol). Will it be okay do you think to run to my daughters house to reconnect? If so at least it will be high speed. Hoping it all goes smooth tho. My sync is moving so slow lol it will probably be still updating this time tommorrow. Or is there a way to stop it and start it up again at her house?

Sorry for the delay. The baby woke up!

You can click the cancel button on the sync and if not, unplug the cable from the computer. Download the sync to your daughter's computer just as you did when you first downloaded the sync to your computer. Then restart the sync. You can download the sync to as many computers as you choose as the sync is not synced to your computer. Honestly, if you are able to, since you will be on high speed internet, I would restart the process over as it will probably take about 20 to 30 minutes.
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:35:40 PM(UTC)

sorry I fell asleep last night and of course my pc shut down why trying the first step. Iam at my daughters and have tried step one and step 2, I tried to just see if I could download any new updates today and it said I was up to date. I tried to unitstall and reinstall my sync and still nothing. In step one my gypsy stops at I am assuming the end of resyncing and I get this message a ploblem caused the progrem to stop working correctly looking for a solution. this came up as g was on sending content files to gypsy. I won't be here too much longer tho, but am grateful for any help
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:38:15 PM(UTC)

oh I forgot my computer is asking if I want to debug the g sync? or close it
Mercy Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 2:43:01 PM(UTC)
Mercy

What is your update status? The g sync is having issues so if you are still having issues, you can wait until the update is released if ready later on in the day.
#16 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 10:05:11 AM(UTC)

Sorry I did not answer you sooner Mercy. I have been so busy. I did finally get my gypsy to sync and the sync to work BigGrin I had to reinstall my sync software and then disable my firewall this time for some reason, & it did take almost a 1/2 hour, but it did go through BigGrin yeah! Thanks for all of your help. My dh got me the Imagine (which I am afraid to even try to update lol) but having alot of fun with it too so far. I'm afraid I will be sending it back tho if updating will take forever, I can't see taking that to my daughters house for high speed updates. Thank you again.