Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

♥Buggy♥ Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 5:16:08 PM(UTC)
♥Buggy♥

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 75 post(s)
It's been syncing for nearly two hours now and it is still going! I didn't run the last update (before the current announcement) and I had heard it took a while, but really!! How long did the last update take you?? I want to scrap tonight and I'm stuck!
scrapsprite Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 6:13:13 PM(UTC)
scrapsprite

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 93 post(s)
The Gypsy screen does not show when the sync/update is complete. It will look like it's still updating. You have to watch your computer screen to see what's happening with Gypsy Sync. It shouldn't take very long at all. I think mine took about 5 - 10 minutes at the most.
9isfine Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 6:31:14 PM(UTC)
9isfine

I just got a new gypsy and have been trying to sync it. It's taking forever for mine too! I let it go overnight and it didn't finish. It says it will turn off when the update is complete and it hasn't done that. Is that normal? What would I be looking for on the computer screen to know if it is really finished?
How long should it take?
jasminewilmany Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 6:35:16 PM(UTC)
jasminewilmany

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 22 post(s)
fyi, I just bought a Gypsy two days ago and updated it on my computer and it took less than five minutes.
★ Jasmine Wilmany

http://www.jasminewilmany.com

◕‿◕

Edited by user Wednesday, October 20, 2010 6:36:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

♥Buggy♥ Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 6:41:39 PM(UTC)
♥Buggy♥

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 75 post(s)
still going at 3 hours now.. the computer screen still has the green bar across it and it says "sending files to gypsy", but it looks frozen. I can't even minimize the box... it's like it isnt even there. I dont think my gypsy will stay charged all night if I leave it running!
I am thinking about rebooting my computer and starting over, but I dont want to screw up the gypsy!
BrendaWilson Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 8:25:49 PM(UTC)
BrendaWilson

OMG! i started at 8:00 and it's JUST NOW saying that it's sending firmware to G....i though i was all alone. it takes FOR EVER to update.........
Mercy Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 9:17:28 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Ladies, after the g has finished the update, on the computer screen, it will say something like finished or completed. No, it should not take hours unless you are on dial up. There is a bug in the sync and if it does not work, then you will have to try it next week when the fix is released.

In the meantime, if your screen is frozen, unplug the cable from the computer which will free up the g and you can once again restart the sync as it should pick up where it left off. If it is not frozen, click cancel or the exit button and restart the sync. Let us know the outcome and if it works, let us know your build in which can be found by clicking the wrench on the welcome screen, the build is in the lower left which may say 202/203.