Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CarolS Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2010 11:30:30 PM(UTC)
CarolS

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 50 post(s)
First off PC needs to come out with clearer instructions on how to do these updates and Sync. I am not a novice to these type of things and had issues trying to get the Gypsy to recognize the Imagine.

I first updated the Imagine and it went smoothly.

I then updated the Gypsy but for some reason I kept getting errors earlier in the day in trying to get it installed and updated. Later in the day it finally said it had updated.

Now the fun part came in trying to get the Gypsy to recognized the Imagine. It kept telling me it was not connected and if it was to power the Imagine down, and restart it, and do an update from the Gypsy but still could not get it to recognize the Imagine and also check the cord to make sure it was plugged in right.

UNFORTUNATELY there were no written documents that you had to do more than the usual as we would with trying to update firmware, content and version and reason it would not work.

Someone told me to "touch cut on gypsy", then "touch load mat" on gypsy and load a mat in the Imagine and a Sync screen would show up on the Imagine and then "push mat with slight pressure while touching go on the Gypsy".

THAT DID NOT WORK! Anyway where the heck did this information come from that this is what is going to sync your Imagine with your Gypsy? It did not tell us to do that when we attempted to do those two updates.

I don't get stressed up over small stuff like this so I walked away from it and starting talking to the Lord and I felt impressed to remove the Gypsy Sync from my computer and download it again which I did. But before I did download it I also rebooted my system so if there were any bad files regarding the Gypsy Sync it would not be left behind.

I rebooted my system and downloaded Gypsy Sync again and this time it did the update of the Gypsy so here are the correct figuration that should show in your Gypsy Sync under About...........

You should have the following:

Version 1.3.3782.21345
Firmware 0202
Content 0203

If you don't have these you do not have the current update to use the Imagine with.

Anyway I activated my Imagine and the Gypsy after I hooked them together and I clicked "update cricut" on the Gypsy only to have it tell me that it could not find it so I backed out of that and went and loaded a saved file I had on my Gypsy and than started the procedure I was told to do which was touch "cut" on gypsy; touch load mat on gypsy and it brought up the sync on the Imagine, so I did slightly push mat while touching the screen go on the gypsy but it told me that no cricut was hooked to my gypsy but yet it was hooked properly to the Imagine.

I am a very determined person and wasn't going to bed until I figured this out so I backed out of it all and redid the steps and again the same thing happened so I backed out of it all and redid it a 3rd time and this time it took it and recognized the Imagine, loaded the mat and cut the box I had on there.

WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS how the hell are we suppose to know to use such a procedure when it is not written anywhere for us to find nor was it in the instructions once we download these updates. All other cricuts when we link them to the gypsy all we have to do is hook them together and click update cricut on the gypsy and it does it.

We are not psychic. Who in the hell would know that we are to load something on the Gypsy, than hit cut, than load mat, than look for the sync screen on the Imagine, than while pushing the mat into the Imagine touch the go screen on the gypsy unless PC gives us those written instructions.

I would like to know where those of you who got this info to do this where you got it from. The rest of us did not get those instructions.

Carol S
"Live Life To The Fullest"
DeannaGonzalez Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 10:38:52 AM(UTC)
DeannaGonzalez

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

I must admit I am having a very hard time as well with my gypsy and imagine update...I was thinking the same thing yesterday...it would be great if there was more information with updates, or even instructions on how to do certain things it states it can do. I am very excited to try to download imagine cartridges at some point onto the gypsy, which it seemed we would be able to do now. But I admit I am a bit doubtful as I do not see them listed on our cartridge lists. Perhaps the update did not actually work even though it says it did.

I will try to play with this procedure again and get the gypsy and imagine to work together, but it is very frustrating to not have it work.
Mercy Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 1:24:44 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
DeannaGonzalez wrote:
I must admit I am having a very hard time as well with my gypsy and imagine update...I was thinking the same thing yesterday...it would be great if there was more information with updates, or even instructions on how to do certain things it states it can do. I am very excited to try to download imagine cartridges at some point onto the gypsy, which it seemed we would be able to do now. But I admit I am a bit doubtful as I do not see them listed on our cartridge lists. Perhaps the update did not actually work even though it says it did.

I will try to play with this procedure again and get the gypsy and imagine to work together, but it is very frustrating to not have it work.

The update only allows the I to be used as a cricut as the g at this writing cannot use the I's carts. For right now, as far as the g is concerned, the I is just a plain ole cricut.
DeannaGonzalez Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 5:44:33 PM(UTC)
DeannaGonzalez

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

thanks so much for letting me know that...I had been excited when it said you could use it to store one pattern from an imagine cartridge for use with another imagine cartridge...I suppose I just misunderstood that