Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

GailHamilton Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 7:02:07 AM(UTC)
GailHamilton

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 256 time(s) in 178 post(s)
I had a hard enough time learning how to use my Design Studio so I vowed that I was "not cut out" for learning how to use a Gypsy. I decided that I would just buy a Jukebox instead. (I haven't purchased the Jukebox yet.) Well, now with the new promotion and all I have been rethinking that decision. I would so greatly appreciate some feedback from you all.
1. Would you buy the Jukebox or Gypsy? Why?
2. Would you purchase through Walmart.com or Amazon.com? Why?

Thanks so much for your help! I am relatively new to scrapbooking and NEVER EVER expected to get so addicted. I just started scrapbooking because my son went to prom two years ago and I wanted to do something with the pictures. Hee Hee, now I am becoming a scrapbooking junky. BigGrin I love this message board! I have found so much support and so many ideas. You all are just so wonderful and I am so lucky to be a part of such an awesome group!!!

Gail in Wisconsin
okie_ladybug Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 7:14:23 AM(UTC)
okie_ladybug

Was thanked: 3347 time(s) in 1125 post(s)

I would buy a Jukebox. I have the Gypsy and have used it twice. I much much much prefer my Design Studio and I love my Jukebox!

I would purchase from who was the cheapest. Because I am a cheap azz! ROTFLMAO
 1 user thanked okie_ladybug for this useful post.
GailHamilton on 10/17/2010(UTC)
scrapuga Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 7:33:35 AM(UTC)
scrapuga

Was thanked: 175 time(s) in 115 post(s)
I don't have a Gypsy. Do have a Jukebox and DS. Even the promo doesn't entice me to try the Gypsy. I have all those carts (except the Gypsy exclusive). And you can find them all on ebay for under $15, except Tags, Bags, and Boxes.
 1 user thanked scrapuga for this useful post.
ThisisJulz Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 8:22:00 AM(UTC)
ThisisJulz

Was thanked: 161 time(s) in 122 post(s)

I had a jukebox and sold it as soon as I decided I was going to buy a gypsy. I liked the gypsy when I only had DS, but even then I was limited on my creativity, it was too much of a hassle for me to swap out 6 carts at a time when I wanted to mix and match from the carts. The Gypsy enabled me to mix and match any cart at any time and since then i've been a crafting maniac LOL. I don't like the small G screen so I often design on my DS and transfer it to my gypsy to cut.

I have never used walmart.com to buy stuff, too high for shipping cost, I always use amazon, it honestly comes down to what is cheapest and most convenient for you, me personally amazon.

Hope this helps!
 1 user thanked ThisisJulz for this useful post.
garagesaler Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 8:34:58 AM(UTC)
garagesaler

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 2437 time(s) in 1957 post(s)
I would get the Gypsy. I have Design Studio and never got the hang of it. I used it more to see shat upcoming cartridges would look like. I use thr Gypsy all the time to uct with. You do not have to keep swapping out the cartridges since they are all loaded on there now. You can design what you will cut out and hook it up to your Cricut later, so you can save some time. Some people have complained that the Gypsy is too small. I am able to see it fine and I am 49. The zoom feature is great. If you are on the fence about a Gypsy, they are giving 6 downloaded cartridges to people who register their Gypsy before November 1st. I also have the jukebox and don't use it anymore. I bought 2 and it was fine when I only had a few cartridges, but after I had a lot of cartridges, I outgrew the jukebox. This is just my opinion. Hope that you get many posts on this thread so you can get more opinions. Good luck on whatever you decide!BigGrin
 1 user thanked garagesaler for this useful post.
Runningmomof2 Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 8:44:28 AM(UTC)
Runningmomof2

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1075 time(s) in 503 post(s)
Another vote for the gypsy. One major reason is you can see how big cuts will be and exactly what will fit where. I know you said you got cricut for scrapbooking. If you do start making cards, and you just might, then you can put in a box the size of the crad front and know a cut won't be to wide.
 1 user thanked Runningmomof2 for this useful post.
CathyinMN Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 7:04:24 PM(UTC)
CathyinMN

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 349 post(s)
I never had Design Studio, but I have a Gypsy and love being able to design on the go and also cut without having to find my cartridges and put them in the machine, etc. The promo seems to be a great deal and I'm looking forward to the new update so I can get the carts in the promo that I don't already have loaded onto my Gypsy.
 1 user thanked CathyinMN for this useful post.
go-go Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 7:58:38 AM(UTC)
go-go

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1343 time(s) in 610 post(s)
I love my Design Studio. I use it almost every time I use my E. I don't have a Gypsy & I won't buy one because of the inability to unlink cartridges. My computer has a 23" monitor, & I love designing on the large screen. I can't imagine designing on the tiny Gypsy screen. That said, if they ever add the ability to unlink cartridges, I would probably buy a G to store my cartridges on. However, I would still design on my large screen. I don't have a Jukebox, but my message board bff loves hers.
OneCraftyCat Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 8:22:58 AM(UTC)
OneCraftyCat

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Another vote for the gypsy. It's great to be able to design on the go.
LighthousesNsunrises Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 8:24:04 AM(UTC)
LighthousesNsunrises

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I love my gypsy! I had the same "learning curve" with the gyspy that you are afraid of. You Tube has several wonderful ladies/gentlemen that have created video's to show you "how to". Reading the book for the gyspy was like reading French to me. I do not speak French other than to say Merci and french fries! LOL

I do own the DS and still use it but I will create in the DS and upload it to my gyspy to cut. I like the larger screen in the DS. As far as the jukebox go. I hate searching for cartridges. (Yes, I am lazy) Laugh

And if you get the gyspy before the end of the month. They have it so that you get 6 cartrdiges with it when you register it! Some you might already have but there are 3 that have not come out on normal cartridges.
♪MMcKinney♫ Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 8:27:02 AM(UTC)
♪MMcKinney♫

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I have a G and love it. I have tried the DS and I don't really care for it. I love being able to design no matter where I am at. I don't have a Jukebox so I can't help with that one. I am not really afraid of not being able to unlink the carts because if something happens PC can unlink them and allow you to use them with another G or not if you choose not to have another G.
LiveLaughScrap Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 8:28:47 AM(UTC)
LiveLaughScrap

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 65 post(s)
Whic would I buy?
Gypsy - I love it. I have never had the Jukebox. But, I always have my G handy. I can design when I have time & not at home then make the project when I get home. Or just use it to jot in some basic ideas, so that I don't forget. All of my carts are handy & there at all times. I just love my G!!!!!!

WalMart.com or Amazon.com?
Depends on which one is cheaper & shipping.
Walmart.com you can use Ship to Store and not pay any shipping.

HTH,
Lori
SharonC Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 9:21:27 AM(UTC)
SharonC

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I had the Design Studio for quite a while before I got my Gypsy. I disliked the Design Studio so much I would never use it. But I absolutely love my Gypsy and how easy it is to use. It was the easiest thing for me to pickup an use.
SO.... My vote is the Gypsy.
JillyPlot Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 9:24:13 AM(UTC)
JillyPlot

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 14 post(s)
SharonC- My feelings exactly!
kimk. Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 10:07:30 AM(UTC)
kimk.

Was thanked: 153 time(s) in 78 post(s)
I think the Gypsy is a lot easier to use than DS, too, and it's nice not having to switch out carts.

I don't have a Jukebox, but only because I am cheap and never thought that the cost was worth the little bit of time it took to change carts. LOL Maybe if I had used DS more often, but not to use the carts the "regular" way.

Walmart of Amazon? I don't know the answer to that, but I would say shop around to get the best deal on what you're looking for.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 10:10:45 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1392 time(s) in 1102 post(s)
Gypsy.

Sorry Okie.

I have DS and never use it.

I use my G all the time.

Check out cricutmachine.com. DD ordered one yesterday, she will get the two carts that come with a G, four more when she registers, and the six more Nov. 1, provided she gets her G registered right away! Cheaper than Amazon's same offer.