Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

1caliscrapper Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 2:09:12 PM(UTC)
1caliscrapper

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Hello everyone I have had my cricut expression for over 2 years now. I wantedt to know from some of you what is the best paper to use for cutting. I have used so many different type of card stock and some of it tears once you start cutting it. Please help
CowgirlUp Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:04:50 PM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 871 time(s) in 709 post(s)
I've love Cordinations, and recollections (michaels brand) I have started using brizzl and like it most of the time.
scrapalette Online
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 8:00:19 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18454 time(s) in 8203 post(s)
You probably have the pressure set to high if you paper is tearing. Think of pressure as the force that is placed on the blade holder pushing it to the paper. If it's pressing too hard, the blade can't turn properly and will snag and tear and bunch the paper.

I cut everything on my Cricut. . .cheap copy paper, patterned scrapbook paper, all brands of cardstock, poster board.

Good luck!
Caligirl58 Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 5:52:02 AM(UTC)
Caligirl58

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 30 post(s)
I use %99 of the time core-dinations paper only. I love the way it cuts in my Cricut. It doesn't leave any fuzz or little linty left overs. You can also tear it and sand it because the inner core is a contrasting color. Bazzil paper is good, I just don't use it, I find it leaves my blade covered in lint.

Janet
kimmccord Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 8:19:20 AM(UTC)
kimmccord

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I like K and Co, not many tearing issues, the hobby Lobby textured solids work well too.
Amy Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2010 4:49:12 PM(UTC)
Amy

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 46 post(s)
I just started ordering from stampin up. I saw so many people talk about it and wasn't happy with any cardstock I bought from the local stores so I waited till they had a good clearance sale and bought some and now I'm totally into the stuff!! They are pricey but their clearance section changes all the time and has great deals. Added pic to show the stampin up paper in use. Loves it!!!

Edited by user Thursday, November 04, 2010 9:30:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: add pic

Amy attached the following image(s):
trickortreat.jpg
scrappy_becki Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2010 5:09:23 PM(UTC)
scrappy_becki

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Every paper is different therefore, you need to change your settings for each thickness. PM me your email address & I think I have a settings cheat sheet that will help you.

If anyone else is interested in the settings sheet, I will send it to you as well.

Hope this helps!
Becki
Christine Sekora Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 10:30:20 AM(UTC)
Christine Sekora

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 38 post(s)
I like the American Crafts paper for sheets with little residue left on the mat but the Wasau papers are absolutely awesome in my opinion for cutting...have never had a cut that was not totally crisp including very small details.

There is only one brand that I have had NO luck with no matter what but I cannot remember which it was...I will post it if Mom can remember. I use it strictly for frames / backgrounds now.

Sometimes the white core paper gives me fits too versus a solid core.

The machine is awesome and capable of so much and messing around with the settings also helps...test the cuts on scrap first if you have something intricate. I like to use a medium pressure on many things using the double cut (Okay my brain is tired I cannot think of the button name) The second cut cleans up the edges and prevents tearing in most circumstances.

Hope that helps
Nicole T. Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2010 4:00:09 PM(UTC)
Nicole T.

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I think it depends on what you are doing....are you scrapbooking or making cards?

I make cards so for me the best cardstock (for the actual card itself), my favorite is Papertrey Ink(PTI). I believe it is 110lb cardstock so it is sturdy. I also like Stampin Up for this same purpose, it is a little lighter in weight than PTI. They both sell ribbon and ink to match. Stampin Up also has a nice patterened paper that coordinates (doublesided).

For all the other cuts on my Expression, I use the less expensive paper. I like the Recollections brand from Michaels for my "cheapy" paper (esp. when it is on sale). I also use Bazzill cardstock and it's weight is pretty good.

I LOVE DCWV stacks patterned paper as well. You can get this at Michaels, Hobby Lobby and Joannes. I do not really care for Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby) cardstock. It is cheap but i find it tears alot and sticks to my mat.

There are tons of other cardstock out there, but these are the ones that I primarily use on a daily basis. I hear Co'ordinations is really good and it is on my list to check out.

Hope this helps!

Nicole
mmturc Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 5:07:56 PM(UTC)
mmturc

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have a TERRIBLE time cutting Bazzil textured paper. Everything I try to cut tears. It is so frustrating so I don't use it at all anymore for by EXP. Don't know if anyone else has this problem,would like to know. Virtually every other paper I use, expect really thin paper and cardstock cuts great.
JanieW Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 6:29:29 AM(UTC)
JanieW

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 763 time(s) in 371 post(s)
mmturc wrote:
I have a TERRIBLE time cutting Bazzil textured paper. Everything I try to cut tears. It is so frustrating so I don't use it at all anymore for by EXP. Don't know if anyone else has this problem,would like to know. Virtually every other paper I use, expect really thin paper and cardstock cuts great.

I did also, but now cut on 6 multi cut, and do much better. Still, I now tend to use it just for my card base.

Janie
CarolS Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 11:11:41 PM(UTC)
CarolS

United States

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 50 post(s)
I like Design With A View cardstock. Have never had problems with that brand.
Annabella Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 04, 2010 8:08:56 PM(UTC)
Annabella

United States

Was thanked: 624 time(s) in 509 post(s)
I have stuck with Paper Wishes or sometimes it is called Paper Pizzaz. It is uniform in density so
there is no reason to constantly adjusting your pressure.