Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MelGale Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 11:10:10 AM(UTC)
MelGale

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 22 post(s)
So, I know I'm putting the cart ahead of the horse here but have a question for those that have the current gypsy and might want to upgrade to the new one whenever it comes out. If you uploaded your carts and then sold them I wonder if you're going to be able to do a file transfer from one gypsy to the next - provided both are registered in your name. If they are registered under your name I wonder if you can get them from Provo Craft or if they're going to say too bad - you sold the hard copy so you're out. I read through some of the patent information that was in another link and it looks like there will be "unlinking" on the new one. Bonus for those of you that have been asking for this feature. Hopefully for those of you that have a Gypsy it's as easy as connecting the two devices with a cord and doing a mass transfer - who wants to sit and load all of the carts a second time if you can't. I don't have one yet but am interested in the welding option so might look into one. I don't want to be stuck with my computer so I think that Gypsy is the way to go. I'm going to wait for the new one to come out since it sounds like it could be soon. For now I'm thinking of trying out the jukebox - one question though - can you hook the jukebox up to more than one cricut at a time. I have the E and the baby bug and I think that would be great to only need one JB with multiple cords.

Afterthought - if you upgrade your Gypsy, since there isn't an "unlink" on the old one, I wonder how that works if you upgrade, transfer your carts to the new one and want to sell the old one. Are all of your carts still on there? That would make the old Gypsy worth quite a bit of $$.....

I know, cart before horse......it's Monday. Bored

~Mel
CanadianRose Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 11:12:18 AM(UTC)
CanadianRose

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 342 post(s)
What new Gypsy??????Huh

BTW if you sell your Gypsy you are supposed to sell the carts with it, otherwise it is piracy. Same way, you can't sell the carts once they are linked to your Gypsy.

Edited by user Monday, October 11, 2010 11:14:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Princessaam Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 11:16:04 AM(UTC)
Princessaam

Was thanked: 289 time(s) in 196 post(s)
Cart WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before the horse.

IF the time comes, they will have something in place. It may not be for months after they release it but eventually they will have something in place. And I dont' think anyone needs to even be concerned for quite a long time.

~M
MelGale Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 11:20:51 AM(UTC)
MelGale

I posted this because I'm thinking about getting a Gypsy but don't want to put the time in to loading all of my carts to it and then have to reload them onto another one. Guess I was more so looking for opinions - get it that I'm a lot ahead of the game here.....
Princessaam Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 11:25:01 AM(UTC)
Princessaam

Was thanked: 289 time(s) in 196 post(s)
I'd get the Gypsy. Why wait for a what if 2 years from now? Especially with it being so cheap. And worst case, you crack open a bottle of wine and reload your carts BigGrin

~M
Demention Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 11:29:25 AM(UTC)
Demention

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 18 post(s)
There is a post some where on this board about unlinking carts. So it is possible. Provo Craft would not shoot itself in the foot by not allowing people to move their carts over too any "new" type of whatever.
MelGale Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 11:30:21 AM(UTC)
MelGale

Very good point!! I'd like to play with one before I buy so will have to find some Cricut friends in MN that have one first.....I'm a hands on kind of person. :)

~Mel
MrsT Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 12:04:48 PM(UTC)
MrsT

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
It only takes a moment to load a cart so I don't think its really a problem!!