Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CandieSchaal Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 3:06:32 PM(UTC)
CandieSchaal

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 48 post(s)
I love looking at blogs and think I might be motivated if I had one. I don't have a desire to do videos just post projects and so forth. I don't even know where to start. I checked out blogger.com and the tutorial is easy enough but the format seems blah unlike a lot of the ones I have seen from you ladies. Any help and advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
CandieBigGrin
thescrapmaster Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 3:34:02 PM(UTC)
thescrapmaster

Was thanked: 803 time(s) in 366 post(s)
I use blogger! You can design your own template (I did!) or use a free blogger template from off the internet. It doesn't have to look boring.
scrapalette Online
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 4:50:24 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18396 time(s) in 8172 post(s)
snowmanlover has a great post on the old MB about starting a blog. You could go over there and use the search to find it.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
dansgg on 10/6/2010(UTC)
Snowmanlover Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 5:35:35 PM(UTC)
Snowmanlover

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 111 post(s)
scrapalette wrote:
snowmanlover has a great post on the old MB about starting a blog. You could go over there and use the search to find it.

Thanks Paulette, I will try to find it on my computer, It did help lots of others!
I crack up every time I see your avatar because it looks like my daughter!

Barb
Snowmanlover Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 5:38:13 PM(UTC)
Snowmanlover

I found the old thread!

~Directions on How to Start a BLOG! - 6/21/2009 10:51:32 AM
No New Messages
~Snowmanlover~
Bugalicious

Hi, I have had a bunch of people email me and ask about how to get a blog started. I am no expert and have only been blogging for just a few months but really love it.
I thought I would start this thread to give a few tips instead of doing the emails.

1. Go to Blogger.com Follow the directions to set it up. It is not hard at all! I would suggest using the Minima Template as a lot of digital designers give out free backrounds and use that template

2. If you want a cute background, I would suggest starting out with http://www.thecutestblogontheblock

You can click on a backround ( there are so many choices) and it will give you a code.
- copy the code
-go to your blog and click on Customize.
Then click on Gadgets.
Then click on HTML
Now paste the code and there you have it, a gorgeous backround!!

You can also get headers from the Cutest Blog on the Block but they might take some working in Photo Shop or Photo Bucket to personalize and resize.

This is just a suggestion to get started. There are many other blog sites and blog backround sites out there but these are free and very easy to use.

Once you get your blog set up and your backround, you can add some fun elements.
If you see something fun on someone's site , you can click and it will take you to that site. You can add music, clocks, traffic controller, all sorts of fun things.
Personally, if I see something I like, I will email that blogger and ask permission to use what they are using before just using it. I like to keep my blog unique and they might like to keep theirs that way too!

I try to make my blog fun and inviting as if I was welcoming someone to my home.
I love reading all blogs but personally have a very hard time with ones that have the dark backrounds or busy designs in the center where you need to be reading the wording.

There are many other things you can add by going to Customize. You can add slideshows, pictures, and it all can be downloaded by clicking on your computer.
It really is not hard. If I can do it, so can you!

Once you have your blog set up you can click on all the different buttons to change colors and also settings. Be sure to check all of that out. You can even make a private blog. I have one of those as well and the reader has to be invited to read it.

Make sure when you are in Gadgets to click on Followers. This will allow people to follow your blog!!!

If you want to follow someone's blog just click on their Follower button or copy the URL from their site and past it in your dashboard.

Now for the dashboard. My favorite part. Every morning, I click on my blog, click on dashboard and there I can find all the current updates that the bloggers I have followed, have posted!!! ( this can also be read through google reader but I prefer my dashboard)

Last but not least, I think it is always polite to comment on someone's post when you stop by to visit. Us bloggers love comments! You can comment even if you do not have a blog!!

Good luck and have fun blogging. YOU can do it!!!

Please btt if you already have a blog and are reading this. Thanks!!

< Message edited by ~Snowmanlover~ -- 6/21/2009 1:05:44 PM >

Please Click HERE for Snowmanlover's Blog!

Please Click HERE for Stampin' Up! Clubs!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 06, 2010 6:10:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked Snowmanlover for this useful post.
dansgg on 10/6/2010(UTC), CandieSchaal on 10/6/2010(UTC)
CandieSchaal Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 6:07:06 PM(UTC)
CandieSchaal

~SUSnowmanlover~ wrote:
I found the old thread!

~Directions on How to Start a BLOG! - 6/21/2009 10:51:32 AM
No New Messages
~Snowmanlover~
Bugalicious

Status: online Hi, I have had a bunch of people email me and ask about how to get a blog started. I am no expert and have only been blogging for just a few months but really love it.
I thought I would start this thread to give a few tips instead of doing the emails.

1. Go to Blogger.com Follow the directions to set it up. It is not hard at all! I would suggest using the Minima Template as a lot of digital designers give out free backrounds and use that template

2. If you want a cute background, I would suggest starting out with http://www.thecutestblogontheblock

You can click on a backround ( there are so many choices) and it will give you a code.
- copy the code
-go to your blog and click on Customize.
Then click on Gadgets.
Then click on HTML
Now paste the code and there you have it, a gorgeous backround!!

You can also get headers from the Cutest Blog on the Block but they might take some working in Photo Shop or Photo Bucket to personalize and resize.

This is just a suggestion to get started. There are many other blog sites and blog backround sites out there but these are free and very easy to use.

Once you get your blog set up and your backround, you can add some fun elements.
If you see something fun on someone's site , you can click and it will take you to that site. You can add music, clocks, traffic controller, all sorts of fun things.
Personally, if I see something I like, I will email that blogger and ask permission to use what they are using before just using it. I like to keep my blog unique and they might like to keep theirs that way too!

I try to make my blog fun and inviting as if I was welcoming someone to my home.
I love reading all blogs but personally have a very hard time with ones that have the dark backrounds or busy designs in the center where you need to be reading the wording.

There are many other things you can add by going to Customize. You can add slideshows, pictures, and it all can be downloaded by clicking on your computer.
It really is not hard. If I can do it, so can you!

Once you have your blog set up you can click on all the different buttons to change colors and also settings. Be sure to check all of that out. You can even make a private blog. I have one of those as well and the reader has to be invited to read it.

Make sure when you are in Gadgets to click on Followers. This will allow people to follow your blog!!!

If you want to follow someone's blog just click on their Follower button or copy the URL from their site and past it in your dashboard.

Now for the dashboard. My favorite part. Every morning, I click on my blog, click on dashboard and there I can find all the current updates that the bloggers I have followed, have posted!!! ( this can also be read through google reader but I prefer my dashboard)

Last but not least, I think it is always polite to comment on someone's post when you stop by to visit. Us bloggers love comments! You can comment even if you do not have a blog!!

Good luck and have fun blogging. YOU can do it!!!

Please btt if you already have a blog and are reading this. Thanks!!

< Message edited by ~Snowmanlover~ -- 6/21/2009 1:05:44 PM >

Please Click HERE for Snowmanlover's Blog!

Please Click HERE for Stampin' Up! Clubs!

WOW!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to find this and posting it. I am quite nervous about starting a blog and I don't know why. This is very helpful.

CandieBigGrin
Snowmanlover Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 6:09:07 PM(UTC)
Snowmanlover

Oh don't be nervous at all. It takes time and many changes for a blog to grow!
I wrote that sooo long ago after I started my blog.
I just love blogging and have two of them. Much more fun than FB!! I do that too though.

Just start one and have fun!!! Send us your link!
CandieSchaal Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 9:14:11 PM(UTC)
CandieSchaal

~SUSnowmanlover~ wrote:
Oh don't be nervous at all. It takes time and many changes for a blog to grow!
I wrote that sooo long ago after I started my blog.
I just love blogging and have two of them. Much more fun than FB!! I do that too though.

Just start one and have fun!!! Send us your link!

Thanks for the encouragement. I will be sure to let you know what I do.

Thanks again,
Candie