Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

jeanae edwards Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 9:42:41 AM(UTC)
jeanae edwards

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I have to say, that thing has made me love my bug all over again! I have had Design Studio since it first came out, and it NEVER saw the action that my G has seen! Just wanted to spread a little love today...Love
 3 users thanked jeanae edwards for this useful post.
Clammdunc on 10/6/2010(UTC), ScrapinGranny on 10/6/2010(UTC), colorjunkyarts on 10/6/2010(UTC)
Clammdunc Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 9:45:10 AM(UTC)
Clammdunc

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 274 time(s) in 251 post(s)
Thanks for the input. I have been considering one myself since purchasing the Imagine because DS is not compatable with it.
LCCrafts Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 9:49:27 AM(UTC)
LCCrafts

United States

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 157 post(s)
I love my gypsy! I also have design studio and I like it, but I didn't use it as much as I use my gypsy. I use it all the time. I hardly ever cut without it.
Ansleighh Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 10:05:58 AM(UTC)
Ansleighh

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 65 post(s)
It's Wonderful!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE it!
Diannatheduck Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 10:11:22 AM(UTC)
Diannatheduck

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 33 post(s)
I am another one to jump on the wagon of loving it. I really did not want it beucase I have DS and NEVER NEVER used it. Maybe once or twice. But I played with my sisters last year and fell in love with it. So i got my own about a year ago (about 2 months after they cam out with it) Now i NEVER cut without it and I use my bug so much more with it. I dont think my E would see half the action if I did not have it.
ScrapinGranny Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 10:11:35 AM(UTC)
ScrapinGranny

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Could you tell us what it is about the Gypsy that you like? I just don't see how I could like anything that small. But maybe you can convince me
SuzyMoran Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 10:29:36 AM(UTC)
SuzyMoran

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I recently purchase mine and what I love is

1. All of my carts are loaded and I never have to grab it or a booklet ever again.
2. Portable, I can take it with me where ever I go
3. Pretty easy to learn. There are lots of instructions as well as Youtube to help you
4. Can see me entire layout before I cut anything
5. You can make any imagine larger on the screen whether it is an overlay button or an image on the mat
6. You can save your layouts for future use
7. IT IS PLAIN FUN!!!!

Does that help?

Could you tell us what it is about the Gypsy that you like? I just don't see how I could like anything that small. But maybe you can convince me
 2 users thanked SuzyMoran for this useful post.
DeborahCar on 10/6/2010(UTC), TracyVB on 10/6/2010(UTC)
Princessaam Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 10:36:09 AM(UTC)
Princessaam

Was thanked: 289 time(s) in 196 post(s)
The Gypsy is a lifesaver

I don't deal with carts anymore ( the biggest bonus)
I don't have to push a bunch of buttons to get what I want.
No "Is the real dial size on?", What you see is what you get
It's actually FASTER to use than carts. Turn it on, pick your cut, size it, cut it. No digging through for the right box, with te right overlay, with the right buttons

LOVE MY GIRL!!! I bought it at launch and never got upset with paying more than people are now.

~M
farmscraps Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 10:37:51 AM(UTC)
farmscraps

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 249 post(s)
I Love Love Love my G too!!!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 10:54:50 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1392 time(s) in 1102 post(s)
Love Love Love

Have DS. Just way too much work to disconnect my laptop, move it to another room, hook it up, cut, disconnect from my E, take it back to the other room, hook it back up.

I can sit on the couch at night while DH is working in the office and design away. She is just so much more convenient. Should I say . . . . . she is easy???BigGrin

I know some put all of their cuts on one page, and cut paper to fit their cuts all over the mat. I design all on the first page, then add layers (or pages) with one layer for each color I am cutting. Easier for me.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
♥Buggy♥ on 10/6/2010(UTC)
CTMHBevG Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 10:55:50 AM(UTC)
CTMHBevG

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 81 post(s)
That is a huge reason why I would never criticize someone for purchasing a G or joining the Circle. Just because it is something that I am not interested in, couldn't afford, blah, blah, blah, I love it when people get joy out of whatever it is! Good for you!
Shadyluv Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 11:00:08 AM(UTC)
Shadyluv

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 28 post(s)
joyfullycrafting wrote:
Love Love Love

Have DS. Just way too much work to disconnect my laptop, move it to another room, hook it up, cut, disconnect from my E, take it back to the other room, hook it back up.

That's kinda what I've been thinking too!

Only thing stopping me is that I even have a hard time figuring out what the overlay items are sometimes because it seems that they aren't clear. I was doing the music note name on the HM cart the other night on DS and I had to get up to get my book because I couldn't make out what was on the screen!

jeanae edwards Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 11:21:10 AM(UTC)
jeanae edwards

Quote:

Oh, but she is not small at all. I can hold down the top left button and tap on any image to see that image in full screen size! I can actually make out most stuff on the Gypsy larger than on my desktop computer at home with DS.

She goes everywhere with me. Youngest DD loves the Gypsy because mommy doesn't mind being at the park or out back at her play area for an extra hour or two. After all, while she plays, I can be designing. Oldest DD loves her because if we go to the mall, just the 2 of us, she has plenty of time to shop while mom is on the bench outside American Eagle (yep, you guessed it, designing somthing pretty!) Dh loves it because while he is watching Speed network, his loving wife is NOT complaining that I am sick of seeing that junk already. No no. She is all snuggled up beside him plotting her next cutting session!LOL

But you asked me why I like her, so here it is. I don't have to touch a cartridge, handbook, or keypad overlay EVER. I always have something papercraft related in my purse to amuse me when creative "lightning" strikes. And when I finally make my way to the craft room to actually get something done, I just slap the paper on the mat, touch the cut button, and watch it all fly! Add a little glue and WHAM! I actually end up with COMPLETED projects, instead of running out of time and putting it in a "when I get to it" pile.Wink
 1 user thanked jeanae edwards for this useful post.
♥Buggy♥ on 10/6/2010(UTC)
luvmy2boys Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 11:29:06 AM(UTC)
luvmy2boys

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I have never seen a G in real life so I don't know how big (or small) it really is. What I would really like to know is...do I need a home computer to make it work? I have a netbook that I use to access the internet. But that is about all.
jeanae edwards Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 11:35:24 AM(UTC)
jeanae edwards

No computer necessary to use. You do periodic updates with a computer but that is all.

ETA: you should be able to do that with the netbook, I would think.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 06, 2010 11:38:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Stamper Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 11:38:34 AM(UTC)
Stamper

To use the G, you must have a computer but....only for the updates. The G is used only with your E as far as cutting. If you don't have a computer, you would need to find access to one for updates. I love my G!!!! Cyndi
~tallulah~ Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 12:12:52 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 247 post(s)
i agree! i have used my cricut at least 75% more since i've had the gypsy! i actually hardly ever use my e w/o it.
scrapsprite Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 1:12:18 PM(UTC)
scrapsprite

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 93 post(s)
I just got a G myself and I love it too! I think it will be great for long car trips and whenever the mood strikes to want to design something. I was concerned over the size but the zoom feature works well and now I don't have to mess with DS on my laptop if I don't want to.Laugh
MaryC Offline
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 3:28:47 PM(UTC)
MaryC

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 84 post(s)
I love my gypsy too! I was one of the group that said, "the screen is too small...I only craft at home...I don't need this". But, I love tech stuff, and just had to see one in real life. I bought mine locally on sale, figuring that if I didn't like it, I could take it back without any harm being done. After charging her up, and taking her for a test drive, I knew she was a keeper.

I have and love DS, but I use way more of my carts now with the gypsy because I don't have to plug in carts anymore. When I get an idea, I can just turn it on and get it into a file in no time--much faster than booting up my computer, then waiting for DS to load, then needing to turn the computer back off just for one little idea. I design a lot more now.

The zoom feature is wonderful. I can see what I need to see to work out details. I love being able to see through the layers when I want to. Makes working on a layout wonderful. I am a card maker, so I am mostly working with A2 size layouts.
TSHREVE Offline
#20 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 4:21:17 PM(UTC)
TSHREVE

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 232 post(s)
O.k. all of you ENABLERS have nearly convinced me.....BUT one of my concerns is the fact that after you link a cart to your Gypsy.....what happens if your G breaks? You can never link that cart to another G.....have they come up with a way to unlink carts yet? Or is there like a SIM card in your Gypsy that can be placed in the new Gypsy if this happens????

Also...I see a lot of people offering awesome cuts that they are sharing......I believe you have to have DS and then download SCAL to do this? Am I right? So can you download these cuts people offer into the Gypsy and then cut out with our Cricut?

Sorry....I am ignorant to most of this....crazy b/c I have had my Cricut since they first hit the shelves....I was one of the first people at M's the day they came in......BUT I never bought any of the other products when they came out.....No DS,Jukebox,Gypsy........I don't even have the Expression yet.....was planning on getting it this year for Christmas.
scrapbug Offline
#21 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 4:33:13 PM(UTC)
scrapbug

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 47 post(s)
For me it still isn't worth the money. When I go out I know I wouldn't take it with me and there are no crops in my area . As for using it while watching tv, if I actually watch tv it is to watch Grey's Anatomy so still wouldn't use it. I don't have DS either but I do have a laptop in my scrap room so if I ever bought DS I wouldn't have to drag everything into my computer room to my desktop. But I am glad that those that do have it really enjoy it.
LisaDePugh Offline
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 4:41:53 PM(UTC)
LisaDePugh

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 215 post(s)
If your G goes bad you call PC customer service & tell them what's going on. If they can't get it fixed they will have you send your G back to them and they will send you back a new G they have programmed with the same exact serial # as the one you returned and then you will be able to re-load all your carts again. I don't know anything about downloading the cut files personally, but it's my understanding that you can download them to your computer and then to your Gypsy. I might be wrong on this issue though. Anyone else out there got a more definite answer?
luvmy2boys Offline
#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 5:45:53 PM(UTC)
luvmy2boys

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I would like to understand cut files too. Are they saved on your computer or on your G?
amandac1 Offline
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 6:02:34 PM(UTC)
amandac1

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I'm really starting to want one. I'm still a little on the fence about how much I'd really use it though.
Mimi2trentdrew Offline
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 6:23:53 PM(UTC)
Mimi2trentdrew

Just got my Expression today. My baby bug died and I won an incredible EBay auction. New E for $113.00 and two cart, 2 - 12x24 mats and 1-12x12 mat. I was really excited. I have a G and I have not used it that much, BUT if I would have used it tonight when I used my new E, I would have seen exactly how big my sunflowers were before I started to cut. I know we have a measurement, but sometimes it's good to see how big it actually is and if I would have put it on the mat in my G, I would have seen I cut it too small.

Just a thought!
ThisisJulz Offline
#26 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 6:41:23 PM(UTC)
ThisisJulz

Was thanked: 161 time(s) in 122 post(s)
I often use my DS when i'm watching tv and then transfer to the G to cut. LOVE IT!
tracyowens Offline
#27 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 6:46:17 PM(UTC)
tracyowens

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I am one of those people who have to do something while watching TV, I play with my Gypsy all the time! I ove playing with Carts I don't have to see which ones I want to buy! It is truely something I get alot of use out of!
NanaJudy Offline
#28 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 6:57:15 PM(UTC)
NanaJudy

Was thanked: 115 time(s) in 114 post(s)
I love my Gypsy. So glad I took the plunge!! BigGrin