Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

ScrappinGwen Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 5:03:48 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 652 time(s) in 533 post(s)
Is there something special I need to do so that I will not be automatically logged off everytime I go inactive for some minutes?

I'm tired of having to log in everytime I want to check the MB. I'm tired of starting a PM, getting interrupted by a phone call....coming back and finishing my PM, hitting the send button, only to discover that I've been automatically logged off (even though my name has not been changed to "guest" at top of screen) and the PM I just sent is lost forever. So I wasted my time typing that PM!

If you're going to automatically log us off cuz we go inactive for a bit of time....then atleast don't let whatever we were working on disappear!

And just how many minutes can we go inactive before we get automatically logged off?

To the rest of the MB members....please post here if you are experiencing the same frustration that I am. I find it hard to believe that ADMIN does not realize how poor of a setup they have going...but then again....maybe they are not aware that messages and/or PMs get lost everytime we get automatically logged off if we step away from the computer for whatever reason. It's a nuisance to deal with, in my opinion.

Thanks!

ADMIN - Can this be adjusted or changed or fixed?
CandyHazzard Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 5:53:03 AM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 174 time(s) in 158 post(s)
PLEASE ... at least set the time out to an hour ...

I posted this complaint the first week the circle board was up, and I actually think they have lengthened the time out since then, but it's still too short ... what really bugs me is that if I know it's logged me out, and you want to login you have to hit LOGOUT for the Login prompt to show, and it HAS THE NERVE to say "Are you sure you want to Logout" and I frequently yell at my computer "NO I WANT TO LOGIN YOU %*%%"BigGrin

The circle MB is worse ... If you follow a link on an email, it tells you you aren't logged in ... when you login, you are just at the board, not the link, so you have to go back to your email and follow the link again ...