Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

happilyscrappin1 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 9:59:12 AM(UTC)
happilyscrappin1

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 104 time(s) in 70 post(s)
can anyone tell me how to put a blog button on my blog? any inof will be galdy accepted.. Thanks
happilyscrappin1 Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 10:18:41 AM(UTC)
happilyscrappin1

BTT plaese help me..someone please
poohfabulous Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 11:42:23 AM(UTC)
poohfabulous

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Btt

I would like to know also. Great question.
ShawnMosch Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 12:28:45 PM(UTC)
ShawnMosch

Was thanked: 842 time(s) in 286 post(s)
Do you mean grabbing a button for someone else's site and putting it on your site, or creating a button for YOUR site that others can grab?

They both involve HTML code, and I am a so computer illiterate and I even was able to do it. You can check out my blog and see my buttons, and my website to see how I did the "Grab My Button" thing.

Let me know if this is what you want to do, before I go through all of the "how to" steps.
LarelynSartini Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 12:32:39 PM(UTC)
LarelynSartini

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 129 time(s) in 88 post(s)
I had the same question. I googled "blog buttons" and found this site to have the most understandable directions if you want a blog button with the text code so that other bloggers can upload your button to their blog. Note - you do have to have some sort of design made up and saved in a photosharing spot (like photobucket). I made up my design in Word - because I don't have photoshop - saved it in photobucket, cropped it and then followed the directions. It actually worked! Here's the site:
http://a-heart4home.blog...-text-box-for-code.html.

If you just want a button for your site, create something in photoshop, or some such site. and then you can upload it by clicking "add gadget". In the box, you'll look for "picture" and load from there.

Good luck!

Edited by user Monday, October 04, 2010 12:35:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

bea_zhoney Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 12:35:30 PM(UTC)
bea_zhoney

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
You will need HTML code.
Go to your dashboard and click add gadget.
Click on add HTML/Javascript code and click save.

I hope this helps!

Here's a link on how to add the blinkie.
I had blinkie giveaway on my blog awhile back and this tutorial was for the winners but you can still adapt to your own button.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrzRBIg9Pjo
ShawnMosch Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 12:41:25 PM(UTC)
ShawnMosch

I used http://www.bannersketch.com/ for mine. I can pick the template size I want to create, and if I don't have an image I want to start with for the background they even have some background templates for you to play with.

To the people that want to make or add buttons . . . if you read all of the links people posted then just give a shout out and if you have a logo/image one of us can walk you through it.
happilyscrappin1 Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 4:33:07 PM(UTC)
happilyscrappin1

Thanks everyone for all the help, but I tyred a few of those links nad the one for button does not work, so I`am still surching.. Any help would be great.
ShawnMosch Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 4:49:06 PM(UTC)
ShawnMosch

If you are trying to get the "grab my button" window to show up so that people can grab the code for your button this is what I used

<textarea rows="3" cols="15">(insert the code for your button here)</textarea>
happilyscrappin1 Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 5:26:44 PM(UTC)
happilyscrappin1

hey thanks girl do you have a button code?
Makeupgirl217 Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 12:10:37 AM(UTC)
Makeupgirl217

Was thanked: 1582 time(s) in 813 post(s)
happilyscrappin1 wrote:
Thanks everyone for all the help, but I tyred a few of those links nad the one for button does not work, so I`am still surching.. Any help would be great.

Debbie-
I made mine in a free program called GIMP. It is like Photoshop but free. I can help you make one when I get back from Utah next week. I will PM you for details.
Elizabeth
ShawnMosch Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 5:22:59 AM(UTC)
ShawnMosch

happilyscrappin1 wrote:
hey thanks girl do you have a button code?

The button code would be specific to your button. I saw you had one on your site, but it had a bunch of extra code text showing below it. I think it is just something in the code you have that needs to be tweaked. I tried to respond to your PM, but the system would not let me . . . here is what I was trying to say in the PM

I am so computer illiterate it is not even funny, so if I can get mine to work then we can get yours to work!

I saw you have the button's for other people on your site, so that is good . . . you get how to add the html code (one step ahead of where I started when I did mine)

I like to try and take it one step at at time . . . let's get YOUR button up on the site looking right . . . then we can get the "grab my button" part working. There may be other ways to do it, but I literally put two codes in . . . one that shows my button, and one below it that creates the window that allows someone else to grab the code for your button.

Can you send me the code you have for your button now? I have a copy of my blog that is a "tester" copy . . . I do a lot of stuff on there to make sure it is working right before I put it on the live blog. That way I don't mess something up on the entire site (did that a couple of times early on)

If you want to go to my website, and go to the contact us page and get a hold of me that way and send me the code you currently have for your button, go for it and I will look at it. That way we are not tied to the MB that will not let me PM you for some reason. Confused
jdandi Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 1:42:15 PM(UTC)
jdandi

Was thanked: 137 time(s) in 111 post(s)
I have directions on my blog on how to make and install a blog button.I also have some starter blog buttons that you can just put your name on. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have if you get stuck while making your own.
http://dtsartblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/how-to-make-grab-blog-button-for-your.html
MaryC Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 6:45:12 PM(UTC)
MaryC

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 84 post(s)
LarelynSartini wrote:
I had the same question. I googled "blog buttons" and found this site to have the most understandable directions if you want a blog button with the text code so that other bloggers can upload your button to their blog. Note - you do have to have some sort of design made up and saved in a photosharing spot (like photobucket). I made up my design in Word - because I don't have photoshop - saved it in photobucket, cropped it and then followed the directions. It actually worked! Here's the site:
http://a-heart4home.blog...-text-box-for-code.html.

If you just want a button for your site, create something in photoshop, or some such site. and then you can upload it by clicking "add gadget". In the box, you'll look for "picture" and load from there.

Good luck!

The reason your link doesn't work is because there is a period at the end! The link below should work!

http://a-heart4home.blog...h-text-box-for-code.html