Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
jeanae edwards Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 4:15:33 PM(UTC)
jeanae edwards

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 16 post(s)
up with just READING the threads. In some ways it is kind of nice, but y'all have got to admit, our numbers have dropped.
carennewman Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 4:41:39 PM(UTC)
carennewman

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 147 time(s) in 105 post(s)
A friend of mine doesnt come here any more, she blog hops and facebooks. I dislike both of those so I stayed here. I never see alot of people that use to be here. I guess they are on the circle. This MB isnt good enough for them any more.
live2clickpics Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 4:54:48 PM(UTC)
live2clickpics

Was thanked: 6421 time(s) in 1239 post(s)
There are Circle Members hopping back and forth all the time. I think some of the folks are too busy working on figuring out their new Imagines! Cool
 1 user thanked live2clickpics for this useful post.
GrandmaDiane Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 5:08:52 PM(UTC)
GrandmaDiane

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 39 post(s)
I have noticed the same thing. This new board is never as busy as the old one, I wonder if we lost too many people while the other one was so slow for so long?

Diane
Mari Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 5:10:23 PM(UTC)
Mari

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I think alot people jumped ship when the old mb was having so many issues and when forced to find other diversions for their time, they didn't return. I know that I seldom post or even browse like I used too. I also think many might not know that the new mb is up and running. Time will tell for all whether the mb will return to its old glory of days past. Every post helps:).
cricaholic Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 5:13:47 PM(UTC)
cricaholic

Was thanked: 1172 time(s) in 667 post(s)
Mellow I noticed that too. The only GOOD thing is NOW I can keep up with MB and I can get other things done cause I'm not sitting here 24/7. I LOVE THE NEW MB!!!!LOL LOL LOL
Lguild Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 5:20:29 PM(UTC)
Lguild

Was thanked: 1717 time(s) in 690 post(s)
I noticed that you joined the MB in 2007. I joined in 2008. At that time the Cricut was fairly new, Design Studio was the hot new thing and we were all learning and eager to share what we'd learned.

Every day there'd be great cut. files offered by Susanbluerobot, Capadia, Okieladybug, etc. Questions about DS, using the baby bug and the larger E were asked and answered by the people that knew how to help.

Since then, Provocraft has come out with so many different kinds of machines and so many cartridges that I believe most people are just poking them into their machines and cutting.

Who would have thought you'd be able to cut cake icing with your Cricut or use it as a printer to print images? ! Things have changed so much in just 3 years!

With the MB being so slow for almost a full year I also believe that a lot of people just got sick and tired of not being able to even get on the board, gave up and have moved on. Adding a gazillion different MB's also decreased the number of posts being made on the chat MB.

In my opinion, I liked it better when all the posts were made on a single MB. If we had ever had a "search" feature that actually worked we wouldn't need all the other boards.

Yes, the Circle has taken away some of the old MB regulars, too. Maybe if we keep posting something interesting people will come back here on a regular basis.

I do like the new MB! It's fast---again!

~ŠǿƒŧβŖñ™~ Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 7:10:17 PM(UTC)
~ŠǿƒŧβŖñ™~

Location: cricutLAND with LilMamma, BigMamma, BabyMamma and now GRANDMamma..

Was thanked: 458 time(s) in 280 post(s)
carennewman wrote:
A friend of mine doesnt come here any more, she blog hops and facebooks. I dislike both of those so I stayed here. I never see alot of people that use to be here. I guess they are on the circle. This MB isnt good enough for them any more.

Who is "them" because I still come here??... and you shouldn't say things that aren't true... because I haven't once seen any circle member say the regular board is too good for them... this is how stuff gets started..
 1 user thanked ~ŠǿƒŧβŖñ™~ for this useful post.
KatfromUK on 10/5/2010(UTC)
jeanae edwards Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 7:11:55 PM(UTC)
jeanae edwards

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I am also noticing that my post count is only 12. I guess that started over with the new board too?
scrapalette Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 7:14:29 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18388 time(s) in 8170 post(s)
I agree soft! Even before the Cricut community moved to the new server, I was jumping back and forth on the old board and the Circle board. Confused

If Circle members aren't coming to this forum, it's because there are posts that make them feel unwelcomed.
ThisisJulz Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 7:14:31 PM(UTC)
ThisisJulz

Was thanked: 161 time(s) in 122 post(s)
I figured people were just designing and have trouble staying logged in so they stopped posting as often. I think like with everything time wiwll tell.
Enfys Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 8:03:14 PM(UTC)
Enfys

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1669 time(s) in 515 post(s)
I was just going to post the same question. On the old board, there was rarely a time of day when you didn't have a couple of hundred peeps on at any one time.
I wonder if it's to do with the logging out thing? Maybe before, a lot of people were just keeping the window open.
I agree that in 'the old days' the message board was hopping. Do you remember when we all pleaded with PC to come up with a few flourishes that we could use? And people used to post really ingenious ways of using cuts to make something else - so a hat would turn into a BBQ or something equally unlikelyBigGrin
This MB has always been about what people put in to it, and I hope that the old slow board hasn't frightened too many away for good.
Yes, I am in the circle, and I am still here, please don't let's go down that old road again, the surface is getting worn out with all the trafficBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
 3 users thanked Enfys for this useful post.
~~L*I*N*D*A ^I~N^ C*O*L*O*R*A*D*O~~ on 10/3/2010(UTC), KatfromUK on 10/5/2010(UTC), *DebbyS* on 10/5/2010(UTC)
colorjunkyarts Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 8:27:31 PM(UTC)
colorjunkyarts

Was thanked: 1671 time(s) in 846 post(s)
scrapalette wrote:
I agree soft! Even before the Cricut community moved to the new server, I was jumping back and forth on the old board and the Circle board. Confused

If Circle members aren't coming to this forum, it's because there are posts that make them feel unwelcomed.

Are you serious?
Rozette Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 8:29:30 PM(UTC)
Rozette

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 61 post(s)
I am here. I must admit I spent yesterday blog hopping and on the circle give away blog from my Iphone because I wasn't home. I must admit, I didn't realize I had to scroll down to get down to the regular board and was too embarrassed to ask anyone how not to just see circle boards. By chance I scrolled down on my laptop and found it!!

But I hope between here and G chat room.
nannato6+1 Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 8:36:43 PM(UTC)
nannato6+1

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 16 post(s)
It could have something to do with not being able to log on. I know it took me forever to figure out that they ask for user name, but really wanted email addy! The fact that you cannot stay logged on is anoying too. I really stopped going to the old board much because of all the problems and slowness there. There also seemed like a lot of drama over there over every little thing. No flaming please. I don't care who joins what or for what reason or who does not join. If I wanted all that drama I would hang out with my 16 year old granddaughter!

I go to message boards for inspiration and maybe a little adult conversation. If I want to see what the circle members are doing I visit their blogs and see if they have posted their creations there. The same goes for projects made with non-pc products. Those "other companies" have message boards and blogs too.

I do know that all the censoring and deleteing that admin did and does gets a little old too.
I know it's PC'c house and their rules, but if I were to go to someones home and they tried to censor me I would leave and not go back. Sometimes I feel like the child that should be seen and not heard here.

Yes, I read and agreed to the rules when I came here. That is why I mostly lurk and don't post much--don't want to break any PC rules. If PC wants to enforce the rules then they really need to do it across the board. You can't post a layout with a cut that is not from a PC cart, but just visit the vinyl forum and see what they post there!

Ok, back to lurking for me.

Happy crafting
 1 user thanked nannato6+1 for this useful post.
lovethatbug on 10/4/2010(UTC)
nannato6+1 Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 8:37:59 PM(UTC)
nannato6+1

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Sorry, double post for some reason!

Edited by user Sunday, October 03, 2010 8:43:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

okie_ladybug Offline
#17 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 8:42:30 PM(UTC)
okie_ladybug

Was thanked: 3347 time(s) in 1125 post(s)
I too noticed it doesn't seem like there are as many posts. But I do have to admit I don't post as much. For number one when the old board got so slow I went to Facebook and.....actually started working on making things instead or reading the board! LOL

I am here everyday, almost, and post pretty much every day. I still love the Cricut MB and most of the people!
Doodledo Offline
#18 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 9:10:46 PM(UTC)
Doodledo

Was thanked: 1418 time(s) in 846 post(s)
I post on both boards everyday. I think alot of it is it has been summer and people are busy with vacation and kids going back to school. Also the old board was a bit deceiving because people stayed logged in all the time and you cant do that here so it shows real numbers. Also I think while the old board was sooooo slow alot of peeps found other boards to go to and created their own. I think the entire vinyl crowd jumped ship completely due to the rules about third party software. They thought it unfair that they couldnt post creations made with that software so they went somewhere else.
Mannzlady Offline
#19 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 9:30:17 PM(UTC)
Mannzlady

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 68 post(s)
I read more than anythingCool
Lissa Offline
#20 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 10:23:40 PM(UTC)
Lissa

Was thanked: 220 time(s) in 115 post(s)
I agree there are not as many posts but I know slot more has to do with open windows and not logging out. Here if you walk way from your computer you are logged out
~~L*I*N*D*A ^I~N^ C*O*L*O*R*A*D*O~~ Offline
#21 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 10:31:55 PM(UTC)
~~L*I*N*D*A ^I~N^ C*O*L*O*R*A*D*O~~

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 57 post(s)
I suspect that most of it is that darned logout timer and login requirement.
I do wish that they'd fix that. On the weekends I'd be on the old board nearly all weekend.
Here, not so much.
~Pamela~ Offline
#22 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 10:49:11 PM(UTC)
~Pamela~

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Some people are still posting on the old board also. I thought it was going to be read only on Oct 1st but it is still going, it is kind of pain to keep up with both boards. The funny thing is that board isn't so slow anymore because so many people are over here I guess.
lylacfey Offline
#23 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 2:14:58 AM(UTC)
lylacfey

Was thanked: 301 time(s) in 251 post(s)
I think a lot of people let because the board was too slow. Some left because of the bullies. I bet they don't realize we have a new faster and safer board.

Give it around Christmas time and I bet we will see a jump in numbers again. We always get new and old members after Christmas.

I am not in the Circle but I do know that most of the Circle girls are posting. I see my friends over here. :D! Plus, they told me too. The Circle board is just mainly Circle news now.

Soft- I was thinking of you the other day. I love your new avatar.
cookiesmom Offline
#24 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 5:07:58 AM(UTC)
cookiesmom

Okay - this is the reason I haven't shown up as being here - it has taken me three days to log in. I've done nothing different this time than any of the other times I've attempted. Each time I tried, I tried four and five times at a time.....to no avail. I'm sure I'm not the only person - it is very frustrating and I hope they work on this issue.....Confused
CraftingV Offline
#25 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 6:57:22 AM(UTC)
CraftingV

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I'm here most days but lately life has gotten in the way. We think dd has broken ankle (she goes to dr tomorrow) I slit my hand doing dishes and now it's hard to craft. My imagine is still sitting in the box because I haven't had time to clean a spot for it. Calgon take me away!BigGrin

Verna
Don't glue anything I wouldn't glue!
KellBell72 Offline
#26 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 6:58:24 AM(UTC)
KellBell72

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I don't post much and my participation waxes and wanes....I stay off to avoid temptation.Flapper
kaleidoscope Offline
#27 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 7:01:50 AM(UTC)
kaleidoscope

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 195 post(s)
I'm glad it's slowed down. It's easier to keep up with and while sometimes I come here and wish there was more to read it's a good thing because it eventually forces me to get off my butt and do something else. Laugh
Carmen van Leeuwen Offline
#28 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 7:02:27 AM(UTC)
Carmen van Leeuwen

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 103 post(s)
Hi everyone i'm also a member for a long time i believe since 2007 and i have been away for a while because of personal reasons.
But i glad to see that there a still a lot of ''old'' members and ofcourse new membersLaugh Laugh

Greetings to all of you, Love Love CarmenLove Love
Camille Offline
#29 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 7:09:54 AM(UTC)
Camille

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 79 post(s)
I used to leave my laptop on an open all day and would come in randomly and read/post on the MB. Now I have to log back on every time if I am gone for a period of time and it is just a pain so I just don't do it. I also am just not as comfortable with this MB. I haven't quite figured out how to read posts since my last visit which is how I read the other MB. I don't like having to go to each seperate forum to read posts.
KimVicari Offline
#30 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 7:28:14 AM(UTC)
KimVicari

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 36 post(s)
I noticed that as well, the lack of logged on users. The highest total I have ever seen at one time in the Chat section is around 10 or 12. DEFINITELY scarce these days.