Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LisaRobbins1 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 12:55:11 PM(UTC)
LisaRobbins1

Groups: Registered

I am thinking about buying the Gypsy from ebay that comes with 4 free cartridge downloads after you update it for the first time. These are separate from the two gypsy cartridges that come with it. Has anyone else done this? Do you get any rewards points for the downloads? I know you get the 200 rewards with the machine, it is brand new and factory sealed. Has anyone had any problem with this type of transaction. The two super ebay sellers sell hundreds of these deals. I was just a little leary to take the plunge.

Thanks,
Lisa
Doxieluv01 Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 1:09:09 PM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2261 time(s) in 1788 post(s)
i know that there was a retailer who eas offering this. If my memory serves me correctly it was cricutmachine.com not sure if they can do it from e-bay or not
 1 user thanked Doxieluv01 for this useful post.
LisaRobbins1 on 10/8/2010(UTC)
CreativeMonkey Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 3:59:49 PM(UTC)
CreativeMonkey

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I ordered that bundle it's from Cricut Direct.com. When I updated and registered it, the four extra cartriges downloaded fine. I then synced all my cartridges yesterday. Just a few minutes ago I tried to cut with it and got this message.

--The Gypsy has detected a security breach and will shut down. If you think this error is a mistake contact information can be found at www.provocraft.com/gypsy. Code 3

I'm on this board tonight trying to find a solution otherwise I have to call PC tomorrow morning.

Should you do it? not sure yetConfused
 1 user thanked CreativeMonkey for this useful post.
Scootingranny Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 4:32:21 PM(UTC)
Scootingranny

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 3422 time(s) in 1869 post(s)
I just went thru 20 pages of posts trying to find another thread where somebody bought a bundle that sounds similar (gypsy plus the included GW and GF and four other cartridges already downloaded but not sure who the seller was) but she was very disappointed to find out that the other 4 cartridges (besides Gypsy Font and Gypsy Wanderings) did not have any points.

You might want to ask the seller this for sure before you bid. The points may be important to you, they may not be but I'm like the other poster--I assumed the points would transfer with the Gypsy if the other four cartridges were included in the rewards category, but they didn't. This may have been for just this one seller, not sure.
 1 user thanked Scootingranny for this useful post.
CreativeMonkey Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 7:27:34 PM(UTC)
CreativeMonkey

I called Prove Craft and they walked me through reformatting the Gypsy. All the downloaded carts were still there and it's working like a charm. I would say go for it!! Can't beat the price for the gypsy and 6 carts.
 1 user thanked CreativeMonkey for this useful post.
LisaRobbins1 Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 6:24:12 PM(UTC)
LisaRobbins1

Thank you for the advice and comments. I decided to buy from ebay, but I ordered the bundle with 2 sealed carts, car charger, styles', and slip cover that way I get all of the reward points, so..BigGrin new gypsy, 4 carts, total of 380 reward points, and the extras...$240.00 shipping included. I can't complain or WAIT!! Has the update for the gypsy and Imagine came out yet?
CreativeMonkey Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 6:56:15 PM(UTC)
CreativeMonkey

You are very welcome. I didn't know we got points when buying a Gypsy. Isnthere supposed to be a paper in the box?
~AmyS~ Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 09, 2010 7:57:22 AM(UTC)
~AmyS~

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 3191 time(s) in 1353 post(s)
You should not receive reward points for the downloaded cartridges

1 - because G font and wanderings did not come with points, on the G did
2 - because the other 4 cartridges are older carts that were issued before PC started the reward points program and they have never had points
LisaRobbins1 Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 09, 2010 10:47:04 AM(UTC)
LisaRobbins1

I just got the gypsy today. After you register it, they send you an email with the certificate number to redeem your 200 points. The other points I got was from the two sealed carts i received in the bundle I purchased with it. They were in the boxes. I just thought it was a better ebay deal than buying the gypsy with the 4 free downloaded carts because I really wanted the points and the gypsy start up kits.
kermieluvr Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2010 1:00:55 PM(UTC)
kermieluvr

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I just bought a gypsy last week, but I bought it from a craft store. I want the additional 4 cartridges like the ones on ebay and online. Does anyone know if all new gypsys gets them with the update or is it for certain ones? Should I take mine back and pay a little more for the ones online to get the cartridges or do you think they'll be on there when I register and update it for the first time? Thanks