Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

lydgranger16fc0775 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2014 2:05:16 PM(UTC)
lydgranger16fc0775

Groups: Registered

On my Expressions 2 the USB connection broke off at the USB cable connection--part of the connection is in the cable while the other part with the tiny wires is still on the machine. I do not know how it happened. I did not pull hard just was taking the cable out and found the piece in the cable. I've had the E2 over 2 years so it is not under warrantee. Can this be fixed? Is it worth fixing? who would fix this? I cannot use my Gypsy or the Craftroom without a USB connection. I do have an Expressions 1 and am using a printer cable with it to use my Gypsy and the Craftroom. The E2 can only work with the carts now.Angry
jeannettegonzalez05f2e390 Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2014 9:21:24 PM(UTC)
jeannettegonzalez05f2e390

I also have trouble with the Expression 2 machine. It disconnects my internet every time I use it. I've tried everything, call the customer service with no success. Finally I noticed that if my cricut is to the left of my computer it works much better. My computer is wireless and my cricut is plugged to the left of my computer. I m not sure what causes the problem but at least I found a way to use this machine.
SaraWise Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 4:47:23 PM(UTC)
SaraWise

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 7 post(s)
This happened to me as well. About 6 months ago. I called and talked with support but because the machine wasn't under warranty there is nothing they can do. It can't even be repaired - asked about that as well. The whole board would have to be replaced etc…. So they were not able to help. I called again last week just to see if there was a NEW answer and NOPE. I am out of luck. So I just use it with my cartridges etc…. BUT I really hope this doesn't happen with my new Explorer coming in! I don't want another cord eating the USB port!!!
Lady Squirrelly Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2014 5:02:41 PM(UTC)
Lady Squirrelly

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Just a thought. What about asking a computer repair place???

Sherri Kay Online
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2014 12:54:20 AM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2316 time(s) in 2074 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jeannettegonzalez05f2e390 Go to Quoted Post
I also have trouble with the Expression 2 machine. It disconnects my internet every time I use it. I've tried everything, call the customer service with no success. Finally I noticed that if my cricut is to the left of my computer it works much better. My computer is wireless and my cricut is plugged to the left of my computer. I m not sure what causes the problem but at least I found a way to use this machine.

Mine seems to disconnect, too, if I move the cable because the connection is loose. That may be your only problem. Just move it around until it shows that it's connected to your computer. Smile
lydgranger16fc0775 Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 3:27:45 PM(UTC)
lydgranger16fc0775

Thank you all for your input. The USB connection is basically broken in half -not just a loose connection. I may try to take it to my computer repair guy and see what he says. I'm bummed out on Cricut at the moment --I also have the Expressions one which is working but with a printer cable as the one it came with from Cricut also malfunctioned. I also have a Gypsy and many Carts and have downloaded images from the Craftroom and have the old design studio. Also a Jukebox and the Cuttlebug. But at this point if I get another machine it maybe the Cameo or the new Brother and not the new Cricut Explore. Cricut support stinksAngry