Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Jooniper Online
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 1:36:32 AM(UTC)
Jooniper

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 809 time(s) in 583 post(s)
On the hour drive to the craft stores Hubby and I were talking about my crafting area and my supplies. I wasn't complaining, just talking. And Hubby suggested enclosing our deck and make it my craft room. I told him if I had a whole room dedicated to my hobby, I would be buying way more crafting stuff than I do now, because I would have to fill up the space. LOL As it is right now I have to buy only the things I love or need because of my limited space. And he thinks I have a lot now. LOL

My Son joined in on the convo, and told me I needed to buy all the Cricut cartridges available all 300+. LOL

Oh and the other day I suggested to Hubby that I turn our Sons bedroom into my crafting room, because Son likes to sleep in the living room on the couch, and he hardly ever goes in his room. Hubby said we could. HAHAHA!! I was just joking around when I said it.

I really do not need an entire room for my crafting.

Edited by user Sunday, February 02, 2014 1:40:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Jooniper for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/2/2014(UTC)
southgirltexas Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 6:44:57 AM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 568 time(s) in 340 post(s)
This strikes a cord in my heart. We have a spare room (mostly used as storage) and I have often thought to clean it out and use it as a crafting room. I craft in my dinning room and my stuff has taken it over so entirely that you cannot see the dinning part of it anymore. But I have noticed my crafting habits. I craft for about 30 minutes to an hour then move on to something else (I think I have crafting ADHD).
 2 users thanked southgirltexas for this useful post.
~CinnamonSpice~ on 2/2/2014(UTC), Jooniper on 2/2/2014(UTC)
Catita Online
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 7:12:21 AM(UTC)
Catita

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 82 post(s)
We have a spare bedroom that has all of my crafting supplies in it and room to craft in as well, but for whatever reason I always bring my stuff out to the dining room. My husband doesn't seem to mind my noise/mess while he's watching a game or working on his laptop.
 1 user thanked Catita for this useful post.
Jooniper on 2/2/2014(UTC)
Jooniper Online
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 10:33:43 AM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 809 time(s) in 583 post(s)
My crating area right now is in my bedroom. And on Hubby's side of the bed. We tend to stay in our bedroom a lot because that is where our big TV is and our XBOX 360 is. Our kids stay in the living room or their room and do their own thing.

Right now I have 2 huge desks side by side along one wall in our bedroom. It is about 10 feet of desk. My crafting supplies are stores on and under the desks, expect my papers pads which were recently moved to a small bookcase that I share with Hubby.

Our 50 inch TV and XBOX 360 take up a whole shelf on one of my crafting desks. When I get done clearing off my crafting desks and putting thinks away, I'll post pics of my crafting area. So y'all can see what I'm working with. LOL
sewnmachine Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 10:39:02 AM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 335 time(s) in 221 post(s)
When our son moved out I turned that into a dedicated sewing room
When our daughter moved out I turned that into a papercrafting room. Then felt sort of guilty so I threw an extra twin bed in there. So now I have a dedicated craft room with sleeping accommodations as an after thought.
Works for me!
 1 user thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
Annabella Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 7:47:03 PM(UTC)
Annabella

United States

Was thanked: 624 time(s) in 509 post(s)
We have 2 small bedrooms and one of them is my crafting room and a set of shevling-floor to ceiling in the other spare room. It was one of my better ideas in doing it this way. Having a yard sale before school is out to get rid of the second spare bedroom items and a stack in our basement. Am even thinning out my actual scrap-room's items. Can't wait to have it and get it over with.

Sorry off the topic!!!

Having use of a spare bedroom for your crafting is a wonderful idea and I am blessed not to have to use the dining room table any more!!!
 1 user thanked Annabella for this useful post.