Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Friend958 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 8:27:15 AM(UTC)
Friend958

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 162 time(s) in 131 post(s)
Not sure what this means any guesses.
nancyh Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 9:00:24 AM(UTC)
nancyh

Was thanked: 565 time(s) in 426 post(s)
The make it now is with the new design space software to use with the new Cricut Explore machine. They will have predesigned projects which will give you a supply list, instructions, etc, and basically all you have to do is load whatever you are cutting, and press cut. All of the design, measuring and guesswork has already been done for you.
DianeD Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 9:06:42 AM(UTC)
DianeD

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 983 time(s) in 686 post(s)
Will we have to own the cartridge in order to cut?
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 10:14:18 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
There are some FREEBIES that I'm assuming everyone who owns the EXPLORE will be allowed to CUT for free (in their words 50 FREE Projects and 100 FREE IMAGES). I also think they will stay on your account FOREVER.

In CCR, we are given freebies to CUT every week (new images every Wednesday). Sometimes it's just an image or two; sometimes, they give us a whole cartridge to play with. They have given us FREEBIES that remain on our accounts at all times, also. They are, in effect, TEASERS. I have purchased a few things on my own from these TEASERS. But, you don't have to purchase. PC Gives us a chance to peruse images we would not want to buy otherwise. You can cut from one to a hundred or more of something you know you don't want to own....but, PC is giving you the image for free for one week. I'm almost positive these will work in the EXPLORE (those things we already have in CCR on our accounts), plus all the digitals we have bought, thus far.

Char
*Meg* Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 2:42:07 PM(UTC)
*Meg*

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nancyh Go to Quoted Post
The make it now is with the new design space software to use with the new Cricut Explore machine. They will have predesigned projects which will give you a supply list, instructions, etc, and basically all you have to do is load whatever you are cutting, and press cut. All of the design, measuring and guesswork has already been done for you.

Exactly. And I think PC needs to make this abundantly, perfectly, crystal clear to people when they advertise it as a new "design" app (coming soon, of course). It is NOT a design app; it's a select>click>cut app.

The new app is not a Gypsy-for-tablet type of thing. There's no designing to be done in this app.
sewnmachine Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 4:49:18 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 335 time(s) in 221 post(s)
And I read somewhere that it will cost $49. Not sure if this will turn out to be true - but if so - that is one pricey app!!!

Edited by user Saturday, February 01, 2014 4:50:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cindy J Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 8:33:40 PM(UTC)
Cindy J

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sewnmachine Go to Quoted Post
And I read somewhere that it will cost $49. Not sure if this will turn out to be true - but if so - that is one pricey app!!!

The app isn't $49. The app is free. The bluetooth adapter for the machine (to make it cut from the app) will be $49.
scrapalette Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 8:48:49 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 18427 time(s) in 8190 post(s)
Originally Posted by: *Meg* Go to Quoted Post
Exactly. And I think PC needs to make this abundantly, perfectly, crystal clear to people when they advertise it as a new "design" app (coming soon, of course). It is NOT a design app; it's a select>click>cut app.

The new app is not a Gypsy-for-tablet type of thing. There's no designing to be done in this app.

Make It Now is ready. It's a part of Design Space. It's not the separate app that will be available later on for the ipad.

This is what Melanie Brown from Courtney Lane Designs Blog says {she was at the reveal}:

Cricut Design Space will come with projects that have full color photos and instructions. It kind of looks like Pinterest. If you want to make one of the projects, one simple click of a button puts the project on your mat. It does not get much easier than that. More projects will be available for purchase and will be designed by the industry's top people. There will be papercrafting and diy projects abound. You might even make something you never thought possible! This machine is designed to help you do just that. I have mainly only ever been comfortable with papercrafting, but I think this machine could push me into other fun areas. That is so darn exciting!

and this:

What is included free with the machine:

- Access to Cricut Design Space
- 50 Free Projects you can start cutting strait away
- svg., jpg., png., and gif uploads

Here is her blog:

http://courtney-lane.blo...t-explore-at-glance.html

Edited by user Saturday, February 01, 2014 9:58:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*Meg* Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 10:34:42 PM(UTC)
*Meg*

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
Make It Now is ready. It's a part of Design Space. It's not the separate app that will be available later on for the ipad.

This is what Melanie Brown from Courtney Lane Designs Blog says {she was at the reveal}:

Cricut Design Space will come with projects that have full color photos and instructions. It kind of looks like Pinterest. If you want to make one of the projects, one simple click of a button puts the project on your mat. It does not get much easier than that. More projects will be available for purchase and will be designed by the industry's top people. There will be papercrafting and diy projects abound. You might even make something you never thought possible! This machine is designed to help you do just that. I have mainly only ever been comfortable with papercrafting, but I think this machine could push me into other fun areas. That is so darn exciting!

and this:

What is included free with the machine:

- Access to Cricut Design Space
- 50 Free Projects you can start cutting strait away
- svg., jpg., png., and gif uploads

Here is her blog:

http://courtney-lane.blo...t-explore-at-glance.html

Post #2, by CricutGena, in this thread states that the mobile app, not scheduled to be ready until Q2 of 2014, will be "focused on Make It Now Projects".
scrapalette Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 10:08:16 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

"Focused on" doesn't mean "limited to". Read her entire post.

Originally Posted by: CricutGena Go to Quoted Post
Hello! We will be introducing our Cricut Design Space mobile app focused on Make it Now projects in Q2 2014. We will continue to expand the features included in the app over time.

-Cricut Gena

So, it may indeed be released with only the Make It Now projects on it and it may have other features. As with every purchase, customers need to decide if the merchandise fits their needs and if not, wait to buy until it does or find something that does.
*Meg* Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 6:09:43 PM(UTC)
*Meg*

... So, it may indeed be released with only the Make It Now projects on it and it may have other features. As with every purchase, customers need to decide if the merchandise fits their needs and if not, wait to buy until it does or find something that does.

So, yes, Make It Now IS part of the iPad app -- in fact the app will be focused upon MIN -- and it will be for click & cut projects that require no designing.

And, yes, the app will not be ready at launch, but will be "coming soon," perhaps by the end of the second quarter 2014. And it will need the $50 Bluetooth device.

And, yes, we can hope the app will, at some point in the future, provide something more than click & cut projects.

1 user thanked *Meg* for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 2/2/2014(UTC)
*Meg* Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 6:11:49 PM(UTC)
*Meg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by: CricutGena
Hello! We will be introducing our Cricut Design Space mobile app focused on Make it Now projects in Q2 2014. We will continue to expand the features included in the app over time.

-Cricut Gena

Just like the buttons on the original E were designated for future features. ;)
 1 user thanked *Meg* for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 2/2/2014(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 6:38:08 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Well, if someone were to buy the Explore only for the ipad app, then common sense would say don't buy it until it does what you want it to do.

Just like anyone who bought an E just for whatever the extra 1 and 2 buttons might do, should've waited.

If any product isn't what you {meaning the global "you"} want, why are you buying it? There is no disgrace with anyone waiting to buy something. Unless that person imposes it on themselves and feels they have to have the latest and greatest "whatever". . .phone, TV, camera, car, die cutter.
 3 users thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
melodylanedesigns on 2/2/2014(UTC), Jooniper on 2/2/2014(UTC), Eleanor on 2/2/2014(UTC)
melodylanedesigns Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 7:00:00 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1786 time(s) in 887 post(s)
Well, if someone were to buy the Explore only for the ipad app, then common sense would say don't buy it until it does what you want it to do.

Just like anyone who bought an E just for whatever the extra 1 and 2 buttons might do, should've waited.

If any product isn't what you {meaning the global "you"} want, why are you buying it? There is no disgrace with anyone waiting to buy something. Unless that person imposes it on themselves and feels they have to have the latest and greatest "whatever". . .phone, TV, camera, car, die cutter.

LOL Great Answer! BigGrin I was thinking the same thing, who cares if a company added an extra button, just incase they wanted to add an extra feature later, good for them for thinking ahead. But instead people don't trust them because they added an extra and never used it.

I'm so glad other people can't control my feelings by what they do with their own products. I would not buy anything based on what it will do in the future. I buy for what it does now. Anything in the future is purely a bonus for me.
 2 users thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.
Eleanor on 2/2/2014(UTC), Jooniper on 2/2/2014(UTC)
GypsyBoricua Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 8:26:04 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 698 time(s) in 363 post(s)
Let me preface this by saying I love all my Cricuts and I might even buy the Explore.

Why advertise what it may do in the future? Could it be because they are using it as a selling point? Could it be that the print then cut is also used as a selling point? How many people would actually buy the Explore if they did not mention any of the possible future enhancements and only spoke about what it can do now, at launch? I don't think they would hit their sales target at all if they only advertise what it can do now. They have to entice crafters like me to really think about it because as it stands right now and if you have other brands that do more than the Explore as it currently stands/will stand at launch, it really isn't all that much better than the Expression. The feature of write/emboss and cut is great, but the cons are it is not a stand alone, you have to link your cartridges, whatever you buy is not really yours, it will only work if their servers work, etc.

PC is very much aware of all the cons and are advertising the "coming soon" features because they know that it will not sell well if they don't advertise the "coming soon" features.
melodylanedesigns Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 8:36:27 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1786 time(s) in 887 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GypsyBoricua Go to Quoted Post
Let me preface this by saying I love all my Cricuts and I might even buy the Explore.

Why advertise what it may do in the future? Could it be because they are using it as a selling point? Could it be that the print then cut is also used as a selling point? How many people would actually buy the Explore if they did not mention any of the possible future enhancements and only spoke about what it can do now, at launch? I don't think they would hit their sales target at all if they only advertise what it can do now. They have to entice crafters like me to really think about it because as it stands right now and if you have other brands that do more than the Explore as it currently stands/will stand at launch, it really isn't all that much better than the Expression. The feature of write/emboss and cut is great, but the cons are it is not a stand alone, you have to link your cartridges, whatever you buy is not really yours, it will only work if their servers work, etc.

PC is very much aware of all the cons and are advertising the "coming soon" features because they know that it will not sell well if they don't advertise the "coming soon" features.

I respect your opinion, but what may be cons are not cons to everyone. Again these are cons for you but not me as, I link every cartridge as I get whether I have ever used it or not it is linked. I only use my AE2 and mini and cake machine with ccr. A pro I see is I never have to buy a cartridge again. I have digital cartridges but I do prefer physical cartridges only for the handbooks. With the Design Space software there is no need for the hand books, as you just click on the image and all the layers are included and you see it all in full color as they suggest in the handbook.

Just to be clear I am not saying they will stop making physical carts, I am saying I will not buy anymore because I can get the subscription or purchase single images as I need them.

GypsyBoricua Offline
#17 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 8:55:51 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 698 time(s) in 363 post(s)
Originally Posted by: melodylanedesigns Go to Quoted Post
I respect your opinion, but what may be cons are not cons to everyone. Again these are cons for you but not me as, I link every cartridge as I get whether I have ever used it or not it is linked. I only use my AE2 and mini and cake machine with ccr. A pro I see is I never have to buy a cartridge again. I have digital cartridges but I do prefer physical cartridges only for the handbooks. With the Design Space software there is no need for the hand books, as you just click on the image and all the layers are included and you see it all in full color as they suggest in the handbook.

Just to be clear I am not saying they will stop making physical carts, I am saying I will not buy anymore because I can get the subscription or purchase single images as I need them.

But PC already knows they have you, regardless of what they put out or the quality of it, you will buy it regardless. They are not concerned about you or anyone else who is a diehard fan. They read these boards, facebook and twitter. If they thought that the Explore could stand on its own, as it is right now and whatever features it has at launch, they wouldn't be advertising the "coming soon" features. That's just common sense.