Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Jooniper Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 10:50:51 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 809 time(s) in 583 post(s)
While I was going thru my 3 drawer cart and organizing the items in there, I realized I'm not much of a flower person, nor ribbon nor lace person. But I'm mostly not a flower person. I have maybe a handful of flower embellishments, and bought them because I liked them, but have not used them. I love how people use flowers on their projects and cards and they look awesome, but it's not for me.

What type of embellishments you like the look of and bought some, but have not used much of them because they aren't really your style?
 1 user thanked Jooniper for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/1/2014(UTC)
JoyceG Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 11:12:11 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 884 time(s) in 576 post(s)
I think the one thing I had bought a ton of was alphabet stickers. All different sizes and colors. I got them before I started buying alphabet punches, then I started buying the sizzix alphabets and sizzlits and ended with the cricut so I'm sure my alphabet stickers will never get used.

Joyce

Edited by user Friday, January 31, 2014 11:12:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked JoyceG for this useful post.
Jooniper on 1/31/2014(UTC)
Jooniper Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 11:37:39 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

I'm not a sticker fan, nor many pre-made embellishments. I like making my own. BigGrin

Edited by user Friday, January 31, 2014 11:38:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ChelaDones Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 2:56:13 AM(UTC)
ChelaDones

Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 102 post(s)
For me it's got to be acrylic stamps. I've got a TON of them! I've been a CTMH consultant for two years this March, so I've collected a LOT. I always think "oh, this is cute" or "this is elegant, I'll use this for sure!" Ha! NOT!!! Glare

I think I'm just stuck in the 80's, when I was a teenager and the block rubber stamps and embossing powders started showing up at the state fairs. It was SO fun and exciting! I just don't feel that way about it now.

Now I'm VERY addicted to embellishments (flowers, pearls, bling of any kind) and paper!
{I think the cartridge addiction goes without saying on this boardBigGrin}

~Angela
 1 user thanked ChelaDones for this useful post.
Jooniper on 2/1/2014(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 10:01:21 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jooniper Go to Quoted Post
While I was going thru my 3 drawer cart and organizing the items in there, I realized I'm not much of a flower person, nor ribbon nor lace person. But I'm mostly not a flower person. I have maybe a handful of flower embellishments, and bought them because I liked them, but have not used them. I love how people use flowers on their projects and cards and they look awesome, but it's not for me.

What type of embellishments you like the look of and bought some, but have not used much of them because they aren't really your style?

Did you like dolls when you were a little girl? LOL. I was NEVER a doll person.....I was more into sports (tag football with the neighborhood guys; outdoor winter stuff like sledding, sliding on ice, ice skating when we could; baseball with the neighborhood kids in summer, etc.! Then, as I got into grade school and jr. high, I loved the intramural sports. I loved reading. The only time I played with dolls was to play "grown ups" with my only brother who was two years younger than I, and we played "house")! Consequently, when I got married and had my own home, I was never into the flowers/laces/ribbons either.

BUT, I do love some lace and ribbon on my cards. I have also done some flowers on cards that have turned out to be my favorites.

IN MY STASH, I have about forty of those see-through stickers (round and square) that make what's under them appear bigger? (Not forty packages.....three or four packages that I've had since I started making my cards in 2008)! I really LOVE those and I used them early on and thought they were pretty cool.....BUT, all the rest of them have been in my STASH all this time. I'm not sure I'll ever use them.

I also bought some of those little mirrors....but, as I started sending out cards I thought they were a little heavy to use. I need to use those to people I just hand a card to (that doesn't get mailed), but I never think of using them on those cards!!

Char

Edited by user Saturday, February 01, 2014 10:04:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
MaryStillman Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 10:12:52 AM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1210 time(s) in 763 post(s)
My cards all get mailed, so my embellishments are always flat paper embellishments that I cut or punch, i.e. a strip of shiny paper makes a flat ribbon....but no bowCrying .

For buttons, I have the Martha Stewart and Sizzix button punches and I make lots of buttons out of scrap paper that is going into recycling. I layer the paper buttons and add thread to give a little dimension. I have some beautiful tiny flower punches that I layer. I also do cut some embellishments from the cricut, but it's too much work to do that for a button or a flower.

Hardly ever use a pop dot. Do use glue dots to give some dimension.

Mary
 1 user thanked MaryStillman for this useful post.
Catita Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 10:31:34 AM(UTC)
Catita

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JoyceG Go to Quoted Post
I think the one thing I had bought a ton of was alphabet stickers. All different sizes and colors. I got them before I started buying alphabet punches, then I started buying the sizzix alphabets and sizzlits and ended with the cricut so I'm sure my alphabet stickers will never get used.

Joyce

Those darn alphabet stickers. I have so many!!!!! Tempted to donate mine to the scrapbooking club at school.
 2 users thanked Catita for this useful post.
Jooniper on 2/1/2014(UTC), JoyceG on 2/1/2014(UTC)
Annabella Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 12:00:42 PM(UTC)
Annabella

United States

Was thanked: 624 time(s) in 509 post(s)
I'm into embellishments!

I so lace and ribbons and flowers and some stickers and buttons and flowers and ...did I say flowers and ribbons!!!

I am getting back into using the Cricut for some of the 'little people' like Nate and Kate and the Nursery Rhymes and the manly hunting ones.

Love to do backgrounds of Distress Inks and go from there. Really get into doing the items fro Tim Holtz also.

1 user thanked Annabella for this useful post.
Godot's Girl Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 1:23:18 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #388; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 2430 time(s) in 1521 post(s)
I have received many flat stickers as gifts or as part of a swap, etc. I just do not like them, or use them on the cards I make, maybe a handful of times I have used them. I donate them to a local preschool my kids attended when I receive them. This is truly ironic because when I was a young girl, I collected stickers of all sorts. I would always get the multi packs, saving one set to put in my collection, and using the others, as I was a prolific letter writer, and had 4 different Pen Pals, one from France, Germany, the UK, and Australia, through a program at my school. I also wrote many letters to family and friends...I loved to write. My collection of stickers was kept in plastic page protectors in 3 ring binders. I had thousands of flat stickers, fuzzy stickers, scratch 'n sniff stickers, googley eyed stickers, etc. After my sisters had their girls, (I have 3 boys), I split the collection up, and gave it to my nieces as one of their presents one Christmas. My boys were not interested, and the girls just loved them. GG
 1 user thanked Godot's Girl for this useful post.
Jooniper Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 10:00:14 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Did you like dolls when you were a little girl? LOL. I was NEVER a doll person.....I was more into sports (tag football with the neighborhood guys; outdoor winter stuff like sledding, sliding on ice, ice skating when we could; baseball with the neighborhood kids in summer, etc.! Then, as I got into grade school and jr. high, I loved the intramural sports. I loved reading. The only time I played with dolls was to play "grown ups" with my only brother who was two years younger than I, and we played "house")! Consequently, when I got married and had my own home, I was never into the flowers/laces/ribbons either.

BUT, I do love some lace and ribbon on my cards. I have also done some flowers on cards that have turned out to be my favorites.

IN MY STASH, I have about forty of those see-through stickers (round and square) that make what's under them appear bigger? (Not forty packages.....three or four packages that I've had since I started making my cards in 2008)! I really LOVE those and I used them early on and thought they were pretty cool.....BUT, all the rest of them have been in my STASH all this time. I'm not sure I'll ever use them.

I also bought some of those little mirrors....but, as I started sending out cards I thought they were a little heavy to use. I need to use those to people I just hand a card to (that doesn't get mailed), but I never think of using them on those cards!!

Char

I think I had 2 dolls I played with until I was 4 years old. Then had maybe 4 Barbies until I was 7 years old. As I got older I decided that dolls were creepy looking. Then when I had my daughter I refused to buy her any type of doll. My MIL did buy her a rag doll and a Cabbage patch doll one year, but she never played with them. My daughter does not care for dolls much either. She is a TomBoy just like I was.
CricketCMV on 2/2/2014(UTC)
GrammyCris Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 8:28:56 AM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Was thanked: 1112 time(s) in 521 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JoyceG Go to Quoted Post

Joyce

Oh my gosh....I was trying to think of what embellishment I didn't use when I read your post! I completely forgot I have an entire drawer full of alphies! When they came out I thought they were so cute I bought about 20 sets but quickly realized I didn't like the bulk on my cards or layouts. I bought the chipboard, metals, plastics...stuff like that...then came the Cricut! You never run out of the letters you need! I think I will clean out some of my embellies and free up some storage space!

Edited by user Sunday, February 02, 2014 8:30:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked GrammyCris for this useful post.
Jooniper on 2/2/2014(UTC)
craftingbowler Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 1:25:15 PM(UTC)
craftingbowler

Was thanked: 201 time(s) in 167 post(s)
The alphabet stickers--especially the ones I think are call "Alphabilities". Every time they went on sale at Michael's I would buy them(several different colors and fonts. I also purchased several bottles of alcohol inks(still unused).

Edited by user Sunday, February 02, 2014 1:26:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked craftingbowler for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 9:51:22 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Jooniper Go to Quoted Post
I think I had 2 dolls I played with until I was 4 years old. Then had maybe 4 Barbies until I was 7 years old. As I got older I decided that dolls were creepy looking. Then when I had my daughter I refused to buy her any type of doll. My MIL did buy her a rag doll and a Cabbage patch doll one year, but she never played with them. My daughter does not care for dolls much either. She is a TomBoy just like I was.

I forget when the first year for the Cabbage Patch dolls was, but I didn't buy our daughter one until she was seven......you should have seen the look on her face! She was NOT a happy camper!

Char
Jooniper Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 10:14:40 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
I forget when the first year for the Cabbage Patch dolls was, but I didn't buy our daughter one until she was seven......you should have seen the look on her face! She was NOT a happy camper!

Char

My mom bought me one when I was 4 (1983). I loved the doll, and still had her until about 7 years ago. She was stored away in a box, and when we moved I let her go.
CricketCMV on 2/3/2014(UTC)
Cassie Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, February 03, 2014 4:13:08 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Was thanked: 308 time(s) in 251 post(s)
Add me to the alphabet stickers list. I have TONS of them. Hmm, I could just say stickers in general. I have 2 12x12 carrying bags full of them. I use them from time to time, but I've had some for over 5 years. They probably will fall apart as soon as I open the package. Now if I need a sticker, I don't buy it until the layout is in progress or almost done.
 1 user thanked Cassie for this useful post.
Jooniper on 2/3/2014(UTC)
Jooniper Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, February 03, 2014 6:17:01 AM(UTC)
Jooniper

Yeah, I'm defiantly not a sticker person either. I like the look of the teeny tiny typewriter font single letter stickers, but I don't buy them because I figure by the time I get around to using them the sticky won't be sticky anymore. LOL
Spookysnip Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, February 03, 2014 6:43:41 AM(UTC)
Spookysnip

Canada

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 46 post(s)
I'm not a frills and flowers kind of girl (I played with hot wheels and mechano when I was a little girl - much to my mother's chagrin). I don't like stickers, flowers, lace or glitter(stickles would probably be ok, but I don't have them cuz I'm cheapo). I bought some christmas stickers once and I've only used them a couple of times. Thankfully I didn't buy much and they were on clearance. I also have a 50 pack of 3 inch doilies which I've used just one for a wedding card. I'm going to try and use doilies for my sister in-law's birthday card (near valentine's day) and my DH's valentine card.

I like using ribbon sometimes to accent a card. Mostly I don't own a lot of embellishments and I tend to make my own like little brightly coloured banners - I love bright colours. I also like heat embossing (got it for christmas).
 1 user thanked Spookysnip for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#18 Posted : Monday, February 03, 2014 11:30:31 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I am not a fan of stickers, that much. HOWEVER, a couple of winters ago, I found some really pretty ones that I incorporated into Christmas Cards. If I can find them, I'll post them here.

Anyway, I have other sticker I want to incorporate into cards, too; but, I forget to bring them out.

Char

I'LL BE BACK....have to retrieve them from our OLD computer!

NEVER MIND....I was having problems finding it; it might be in my stack I have never sent to anyone. In that case, it's waiting for its picture to be taken! LOL.

Anyway, I did enjoy the stickers on that one card and I'd do it again. BUT, just not ANY sticker. If I remember, these had some element of dimension on them, so those are more fun.

Char

Edited by user Monday, February 03, 2014 11:56:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jooniper Offline
#19 Posted : Monday, February 03, 2014 1:01:50 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Originally Posted by: Spookysnip Go to Quoted Post

I like using ribbon sometimes to accent a card. Mostly I don't own a lot of embellishments and I tend to make my own like little brightly coloured banners - I love bright colours. I also like heat embossing (got it for christmas).

I'm thinking of starting to do heat embossing this year. I do not have many stamps, but I want to be able to do the ink resist technique for my backgrounds. I just haven't decided as I don't need to start collecting stamps and embossing powders as well. LOL