Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Gisele Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:49:01 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
It's time for a new challenge! We hope you'll join in over the next 2 weeks. No rules to follow! Make your card following one of the sketches - it doesn't need to be identical - and then share it with us. We encourage you to use your Cricut, dust off your cartridges (or pick an image in CCRBigGrin)and just play along!

Everyone has been very busy in the past few weeks so I chose some simple sketches but feel free to layer, embellish or try a new technique.

Sketch #1

Sketch #2

Sketch #3

Sketch #4

Here are the Ad colours from DEE:

EXTRA CREDIT: Make one Valentine card

EXTRA EXTRA CREDIT: Use at least one button
Gisele Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:52:15 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Now for my samples:

Sketch #1 and Extra Credit Valentine's card - I did use my Cricut for the banners. The corner flourish and heart is actually embossed using an old brass stencil. The papers and ribbon are all scraps from last year's Valentine sale. Stamps is an inexpensive Michaels stamp. Added a bit of bling!

Edited by user Wednesday, January 29, 2014 6:18:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked Gisele for this useful post.
Leanner on 1/31/2014(UTC), ~JD~ on 2/9/2014(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:55:03 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Sketch #2 and extra credit button - I used wonderful papers from Graphic 45. The cuts are from Creative Memories Holiday Frames and Tags and Martha Stewart Cake for the flourish.

1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
~JD~ on 2/9/2014(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:58:15 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Here is Sketch #3 and another extra credit Valentine's card. The Cricut cuts are A Child's Year for the big red heart, Creative Memories Holiday Frames and Tag for the square red shape with the tic tac toe and Sweetheart for the flower. The stamps are a used Stampin Up set that I bought this past week. It was easy to find shapes on the cricut to work with these stamps.

Gisele Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 7:01:16 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Final sample for Sketch #4 - I needed to start my Christmas cards and with the cold and snow a sleigh image seemed perfect. Hope I still like it come December when it is time to mail it out BigGrin Cricut cuts are Elegant Edges for the frame.

*NanaDonna* Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 7:18:51 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2544 time(s) in 1319 post(s)
Thanks Gisele for hosting you have given us some great sketches to work with that can be made simple of like you said layered and embellished.

Dee thanks for the colors, great combination.

Gisele all of your sample are fabulous. #1 love all the Valentine papers great was to use up the scraps. #2 Oh wow this is a wonderful card, I think my favorite. I love the cut on the stripes and all the papers are amazing. I do not have any Graphics 45 paper. That merci stamp fit perfect on that cut. #3 Wow I love love that flower. One of my favorite combinations red, white & black. Cute tic tac toe what a great stamp. #4 Oh starting on Christmas cards already not a bad idea maybe I should also LOL I love the stamped imagine inside the frame and the added touch of the snowflake is perfect.

I have finished up my sketch 4 from last challenge, not sure if I should post it here or on last week?
 2 users thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
Gisele on 1/28/2014(UTC), DeeScraps on 1/29/2014(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 7:25:32 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Donna - I would suggest you post your card here to ensure that everyone will see it.

*NanaDonna* Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 11:03:48 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hello everyone. I finished up my sketch #3 from last week late yesterday so I will share it on this challenge.

Paper the banners are cut from is from DCWV Flower Shop. Banners were cut using CCR and Creative Cards cartridge. The label cut from Art Philosophy is stamped with a CTMH stamp. The rhinestone bird and branch I have had for a few years and finally got to use it. TFL

Hope to get started on the new sketches later this afternoon.
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
~JD~ on 2/9/2014(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 11:26:48 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 912 time(s) in 613 post(s)
Gisele, thankyou for hosting, love those nice sketches. And your cards are
all so nice. Like all the colors and the decor.

Dee, thankyou for the wonderful colors.

Donna , great sketch, you always make nice cards.
 2 users thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
Gisele on 1/29/2014(UTC), DeeScraps on 1/29/2014(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:25:24 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 903 time(s) in 574 post(s)
Gisele
Thanks for Hosting these next two weeks. The sketches are very nice and I also like the Ex Credits, especially the button one....I wished you would have said to use a TON of buttons....I have so many of them!LOL I already have a couple of ideas in mind and excited about getting started on them.

Dee,
Love the Ad Color Challenge!! Our good old USA colors with some bright yellow added to it, together they make a bold and colorful combo. I'm off to check out my Patriotic paper stack!!

We need a volunteer to host for the two weeks after Gisele....ANY TAKERS????

Edited by user Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:29:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
Gisele on 1/29/2014(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:38:10 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Nanadonna,
Last Week's #3 -
LOVE ITDrool Drool Drool !!! You know about me and yellow, so just remember October 21st, okay??DroolDrool Drool
The blingy Birdie is so pretty, love the sentiment...."a little Birdie told you", huh??? I bet it was that TurtleBug just a minute ago, wasn't it???LOL LOLLOL The papers go together so nice as does the embossing with the checked pattern. Very pretty!!

Edited by user Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:39:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gisele Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 6:17:26 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Donna - gorgeous card from last week's sketch! Love the embossing, papers and of course that rhinestone birdie.

It's a bit warmer tonight at -16 degrees Celsius meaning 4 degrees Farenheit. More snow is on its way but I am still enjoying winter.BigGrin

Looking forward to seeing everyone's cards.
DeeScraps Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 7:19:08 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
Gisele...Thank you for the great sketches and for putting the colors up with the sketches. Your examples are all wonderful. I said I was going to make a Christmas card each week and I need to get moving on that. Yours came out ver nice. Card #3 I loved. there was so much detail in just that one card! A favorite color combo of mine, plus I really liked how the embossing looks. Lots of nice "Bling" and the flower looks great. Card #2 looks great with the chicken-wire embossing an all the cut. I recently bought that paper pack but haven't used it yet. SO much paper and not enough time!

Nana Donna....Great card from last week. So glad you posted it here. The embossing folder looks great as does the border punch. That's a beautiful "bling" bird!!!!

Here's my #2 sketch and it's also the ad colors.

Thanks, Dee

[img=http://][/img]
 2 users thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
Gisele on 2/2/2014(UTC), ~JD~ on 2/9/2014(UTC)
Jen (AKA rihelgrl) Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 8:08:33 PM(UTC)
Jen (AKA rihelgrl)

Was thanked: 104 time(s) in 79 post(s)
I am so happy to see that the card challenge is still up and running after all the years that I have been away. I hope to get back into doing this..
Kiethann Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2014 12:03:54 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 442 time(s) in 333 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BingoLady Go to Quoted Post
My # 1 sketch, No cricut ,I cut everything by hand and I used one of my
punches for the top cut.

Like what you did for the sketch.

Edited by user Thursday, January 30, 2014 12:04:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: changed wording.

BingoLady Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2014 12:06:29 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Jen , it is so nice of you to come back and joy us. Hope to see some cards soon.

Dee, wonderful card with the ad colors, the stripe paper you used came out so nice
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 1/30/2014(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2014 2:11:27 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Bingolady...Very nice #1 card. The punch looks great and I liked the papers you used.

Here's another card I finished.

I've been wanting to work on CAS cards so I think this fits the bill. It also has the ad colors, as it's done with scraps from my other card. It's from a small paper pack by K & Company called Americana. I can't resists a red, white and blue paper pack.

Dee

1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
~JD~ on 2/9/2014(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#18 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2014 2:22:42 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

This is "sort-of" sketch #4. I wanted to use this new Penny Black stamp, but It really is too big for sketch.....however, I know the person I'm sending it to will love it. It's colored with Copics and colored pencils. The heart is really a puffed sticker, but it's reflecting the light which makes it look like it's colored with Copics.

Thanks, Dee

~JD~ on 2/9/2014(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#19 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2014 2:50:12 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Gisele
All such awesome Cards!!
#1 & Valentine Ex. Credit - Great Valentine papers, the inking around the edges sets each one apart for a great look. Cute ribbon and sentiment stamp>
#3 and Valentine Ex. Credit - Was just at Michael's a while ago and debated if to buy this embossing folder...and I didn't...I could kick myself now, it is so pretty!! Love the touch of red and the pretty wide ribbon. Love the stamps, too. Guess it's back to Michael's..you enabler!!LOL LOL
#4 - Oh NO, not Christmas again!!Laugh You are really on the ball, Lady. Very pretty old-fashioned Sleigh stamp. You reminded me I have those metal snowflakes and forgot to use them this past year...oh well, there's always 2014! Pretty card.
OhMyGod OhMyGod Some how I skipped #2 & Button Ex. Credit - Like the ends of the panels and cordinated paper patterns. All the extra embellishes make the card so pretty!

DeeScraps
#2 & Ad Colors - What a perfect male card, the panels could actually be Ties. Like how the Banner and panels all have the Ad Colors and how you did the star with the layered yarn and twine. Great card!
#1 & Ad Colors - Very nice CAS card, I hope when I go do my AC card I have as many pretty AC papers as you!BigGrin This would also make a great male card...you know how simple men can be, no frills for them. And, it works well for any occasion you choose.
#4 - Too CUTE with their heart shaped spots!! Nice coloring and like the black/red matting...brings out the Doggie colors and cute heart. Bet this one will end up framed.BigGrin

Off to get started on my first sketch, have a nice evening Ladies!

Edited by user Thursday, January 30, 2014 2:54:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 1/31/2014(UTC), Gisele on 2/2/2014(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#20 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2014 4:15:28 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Here I go again with my #1. No cricut, I cut everything by hand. I think this
one looks better. And I used my new punch, and of course my embossing.
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
img039.jpg
~JD~ on 2/9/2014(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#21 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2014 4:25:55 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Got my sketch #2 done, it went rather quick. Got most of it done yesterday then after my Mom's doctor appointment I finished it today.

Paper is from the CTMH Tommy paper pack and so are the star canvas stickers. The banner is cut using the Artiste cartridge and stamped with the coordinating CTMH stamp. The anchor is cut using Life is a Beach (OMG OhMyGod I have not used this cartridge in years)I wound a piece or cording through and around it and mounted it on an oval. It is also in the ad colors. TFL

Off to pick out my papers for the next card so I can get started on it tomorrow.
 2 users thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
Leanner on 1/31/2014(UTC), ~JD~ on 2/9/2014(UTC)
LisaW. Offline
#22 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 10:03:40 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 92 post(s)
really wishing I could skip work today and get some crafting in. I have so many visions floating around in my head, lol.
DeeScraps Offline
#23 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 11:55:35 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Nana Donna...Wow, you had the perfect paper for the Ad Colors! It worked out great all around. I like how you used the anchor with the cord chain and loved the banner you used.

Here's my #3 card. The stamp is also from my new Penny Black set and will go to another friend who loves cats. The background dapper is from Hobby Lobby, plus I used a sheet from the My Mind's Eye "Love Me" paper pack. The lock and key, flower petals and heart border are all Dinamic die-cuts from My Favorite Things.

Thanks, Dee

~JD~ on 2/9/2014(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#24 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 1:57:32 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

BingoLady
#1 - Like the pretty pattern of of the banners and the BG paper reminds me of marble. Nice the way the banners have some of the BG color in them. Like the border punch...very nice card.

NanaDonna
#2 in Ad Colors - Wonder which Sailor grandson is getting this card??BigGrin Like the bright yellow banner sentiment and the neat anchor with the "rope" wound through it. Whichever DGG receives it I'm sure he will love it. Awesome card!

DeeScraps
#3 - Love the heart border and the black matting, everything really pops. The Kitty stamp is so cute with his heart shaped pillows, like the way you brought out the blue of the flower by using the same blue on the pillows he is resting on. Not familiar with Dinamic, is "My Favorite Things" a cartridge? Very fun card!

Ready to post my #1 and #3 that I finished last night, but too late to post them. Not too happy with the results of either....so I'm done for today...off to have dinner and our Poker Night in a while with NanaDonna, BingoLady and my "DEAR"LOLLOL brothers-in-law!

Edited by user Friday, January 31, 2014 2:00:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#25 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 2:09:27 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: LisaW. Go to Quoted Post
really wishing I could skip work today and get some crafting in. I have so many visions floating around in my head, lol.

Hi Lisa,
Hope you get some crafting time soon, cause I want to see all those visions floating around in your head.LaughLaugh
I'm so glad I don't work anymore, I retired about 10 years ago and it is soooooo nice, I love IT!! Hope you don't have much longer to work and get to enjoy your family and leisure time more.

BingoLady Offline
#26 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 2:13:32 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

# 2 sketch, ready for my sweetheartLOL LOL The paper and the X and O is
a sticker I have had forever.
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
img040.jpg
~JD~ on 2/9/2014(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#27 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 2:30:54 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Here is my sketch #1 and extra credit using a button (even thought the sketch didn't call for itBigGrin )

The polka dot paper is from the CTMH Dotty for You stack from last year
The sentiment is a CTMH stamp, I embossed the white with the dots embossing folder.

And I actually finished the inside

Edited by user Friday, January 31, 2014 2:31:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
~JD~ on 2/9/2014(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#28 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 2:31:52 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Dee, simple but very nice on # 1 . Your # 3and 4 are so adorable. I like the
those stamps you used. It is so cute the way you put the heart on thier nose.

Donna, Another great card, I love the anchor cut. It will be nice for one of the
boys Birthday.

Is there any volunteers to host next. If not and my computer keeps going.
I will host.
TurtleBug Offline
#29 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 3:33:22 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My Sketch Card #3 and Ex. Credit Valentine Card:

Heart and Flower - Artiste cartridge
Embossing - "Hearts" folder by Darice
Hearts & Be Mine - Mini rubber stamps from Michael's
Heart Paper - Valentine pack from Target last year clearance
Love Ribbon - Bought at Michael's last year
Heart & Round Gems - Collection bought online from Consumer Crafts
I misted the heart and white panel with "Iridescent" Pearl-Ex Mist, and applied Diamond Glaze to the heart below the flower and covered it with crystal-like glitter. It is hard to see but all the tiny small hearts on the pattern paper have the same crystal-like glitter on them.
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Friday, January 31, 2014 3:37:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

~JD~ on 2/9/2014(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#30 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 3:51:26 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Boy!! Am I the only one having such a hard time as I did with this simple BANNER card??? I cut so many widths trying to get them to fit at the bottom right corner, as it shows on the sketch, but to no avail....so here it MY version of it.LaughLOLLOL

My Sketch Card #1 and Ad Colors

Embossing - "Clocks" and "Happy B'day" Cuttlebug folders. The HB folder I used on the red & white banners, but ended up cutting most of the embossing of when I trimmed off the tops of the banners.Mad
Border - One of five of the interchangable ones for the Friskars punch my DD gave me for Christmas.
I added chrome Brads to the top of the border. But, I see on the card they look gold, I think it is the reflection of my dining table or chair on them. Sorry, no Cricut cuts on this one!
TFL!!

Edited by user Friday, January 31, 2014 3:57:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

~JD~ on 2/9/2014(UTC)