Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LizzyCz Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:23:35 PM(UTC)
LizzyCz

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I was an avid fan of the artwork from PCCrafter. My computer is stuffed with the graphics. I don't do much with them anymore, but my wish was to be able use that artwork with the Imagine. Now, I don't now anything about svg or png or jpeg, but if a gal had a machine that could cut those files, would she print on her own printer and then scan them in and then cut around it? That alone would so make it worth it to me. I mean I have YEARS of artwork from them. I was so upset when they quit that line.
Thanks for any help with that,
Lizzy
 1 user thanked LizzyCz for this useful post.
cricaholic on 1/24/2014(UTC)
Moxy77 Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 1:14:02 PM(UTC)
Moxy77

United States

Was thanked: 385 time(s) in 282 post(s)
I was a hugclub member for many years (started with the first one Loli something or other) and have tons of their art work. I am just learning the ins and out of svg and vectorizing (that gives the image points or dots( which you don't see)so that the cutting knife has a path around the image to cut. Jpeg, Png, bmp , gifs are just graphics that don't have those dots for the knife to follow so you have to use your software to tell it to trace around these images and it will add those dots/paths. So yes most of those images would be excellent candidates to make into svg's and then cut. Now you do have to be careful about copy write laws and I don't know how that applies in regards to those images that we bought. I think for personal use and not to sell it is ok but I don't know for sure. When you buy svg's from websites they tell you how you can use them and a lot of them have a commercial license( I think that is what that is called) that you can pay extra and sell a certain amount for profit. This is just a very primitive explanation because I am a beginner at it. I mostly buy mine or get the freebies. Google is a good source too! Melissa
 1 user thanked Moxy77 for this useful post.
cricaholic on 1/24/2014(UTC)
Khrista Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 1:16:19 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2490 time(s) in 1389 post(s)
Possibly. We don't know how the new Cricut machine will work for a print and cut machine. If it's anything like another non-cricut machine, you would actually scan it, open it in the software, do what you need with it in regards to size etc, print it from within that software, and then cut it. The other machine puts registration marks when you print so it knows where to cut. We don't know yet what the new Cricut Explore will be doing as they've said that will come in the second half of 2014, so sometime after it launches. So the answer is maybe for the new Cricut Machine. Yes for another non-cricut machine.

HTH
:)Khrista
LizzyCz Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 1:35:48 PM(UTC)
LizzyCz

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I have so many grandkids and I watch 4 while my daughter works so my crafting, sewing,quilting has always been for gifts. I just hate to think of all that great artwork just clogging my computer when it should be put to good use. I really think it would have a perfect match for the imagine.
Kut-n-Print Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 2:11:14 PM(UTC)
Kut-n-Print

Was thanked: 892 time(s) in 430 post(s)
Many of us are happily printing and cutting our HugClub graphics with competing machines, and hopefully when the Print then Cut technology comes on board the same will be available for Explore owners.
The whole Hug Club experience is a cautionary tale with respect to the monthly subscription. Most of us were able to download all our graphics before PC pulled the plug on that. With the DesignSpace subscription, there will be no downloads, so when its over (either by your choice or PC's) its over and you walk away with nothing.
 1 user thanked Kut-n-Print for this useful post.
Moxy77 on 1/24/2014(UTC)
Enfys Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 3:36:23 PM(UTC)
Enfys

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1669 time(s) in 515 post(s)
The best machine to do that would be the brother scan n cut - am I allowed to say that? Oops
~LN Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 9:25:14 AM(UTC)
~LN

United States

Was thanked: 859 time(s) in 722 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Enfys Go to Quoted Post
The best machine to do that would be the brother scan n cut - am I allowed to say that? Oops

Good luck when I mentioned it my post was removed LoL
cricaholic Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 11:21:04 AM(UTC)
cricaholic

Was thanked: 1172 time(s) in 667 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LizzyCz Go to Quoted Post
I was an avid fan of the artwork from PCCrafter. My computer is stuffed with the graphics. I don't do much with them anymore, but my wish was to be able use that artwork with the Imagine. Now, I don't now anything about svg or png or jpeg, but if a gal had a machine that could cut those files, would she print on her own printer and then scan them in and then cut around it? That alone would so make it worth it to me. I mean I have YEARS of artwork from them. I was so upset when they quit that line.
Thanks for any help with that,
Lizzy

Woot OH MY GOSH!!! I forgot all about those....ThumpUp thanks for refreshing my memory...
Laugh Laugh those were the days...Laugh Laugh Laugh