Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
jscraftylady Online
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:16:08 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2034 time(s) in 1108 post(s)
Here is what was posted in another thread

Hello! We will be introducing our Cricut Design Space mobile app focused on Make it Now projects in Q2 2014. We will continue to expand the features included in the app over time.

-Cricut Gena
 2 users thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
MommaG on 1/24/2014(UTC), ~CinnamonSpice~ on 2/2/2014(UTC)
AngelaVanderlip Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:24:17 AM(UTC)
AngelaVanderlip

Groups: Registered

I was thinking the same thing. I don't currently have an iPad. So to get this machine would mean an even BIGGER investment. If one could still use the carts without the iPad, then that would be better for those that don't currently have a tablet.

My Gypsy still works and I'm starting to get into CCR. So no Explore for me for awhile at least.
Tryna* Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:28:58 AM(UTC)
Tryna*

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Yeppers, that's where I was going too.....

I'm glad they are giving us the details so we can make informed choices.

Are they still fixing Gypsies?

Tryna
jscraftylady Online
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:40:04 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Originally Posted by: Tryna* Go to Quoted Post
Yeppers, that's where I was going too.....

I'm glad they are giving us the details so we can make informed choices.

Are they still fixing Gypsies?

Tryna

As far as I know they are for a fee.
 1 user thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
Tryna* on 1/21/2014(UTC)
PhotobearSam Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:13:02 PM(UTC)
PhotobearSam

Canada

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 35 post(s)
I have not seen much info.....will the IPad App work with the E or the E 2 ????
Jooniper Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:14:19 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 809 time(s) in 583 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PhotobearSam Go to Quoted Post
I have not seen much info.....will the IPad App work with the E or the E 2 ????

No
poodlebone Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:28:21 PM(UTC)
poodlebone

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AngelaVanderlip Go to Quoted Post
I was thinking the same thing. I don't currently have an iPad. So to get this machine would mean an even BIGGER investment. If one could still use the carts without the iPad, then that would be better for those that don't currently have a tablet.

My Gypsy still works and I'm starting to get into CCR. So no Explore for me for awhile at least.

They are also coming out with new computer software for the new machine. The Explore won't work with CCR and the current machines will not work with the new software. If you get the new Explore you will also need the new software. Even though the Explore has a slot for the cartridges you will still need to have the machine connected to a computer/internet to use it. The Explore has no display and no way for you to choose images from the cartridges. I don't think an iPad or tablet is needed unless you want to design stuff on the go.
PhotobearSam Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:33:12 PM(UTC)
PhotobearSam

Canada

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 35 post(s)
I will NOT buy a machine just to use my iPad......not going to happen. I will wait for the Cameo to have an app and I will switch. Provocraft is NOTORIOUS on making new machines and then not supporting them for very long......I will keep my E and carts.....if my Gypsy dies, I will cut all ties with Cricut. I am done.
JerseyGirl526 Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:45:07 PM(UTC)
JerseyGirl526

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I just bought the Cricut Expression 2 for christmas. I have had fun using it. Was a bit disappointed that I could not use my own fonts and graphics and that the wireless adapter was no longer available. I have spent hundreds of dollars purchasing cartridges for the machine plus $160 on the machine itself.

So now you have a new machine that seems to do all that I had hoped the Expression 2 would do. It seems to be the story of my life.. Always purchasing some tech gadget and then in less than 3 months they announce a new better product…

So I have a few questions about this new Explore:

1. Will the cartridges work in this new machine?

2. Will the stuff linked to Cricut Craft Room and my Expression work on the new software?

3. Will the new Cricut Design Space work with the older cricut machines like Craft room does? Or will I not be able to use my Cricut Expression with the new software? If I can use my Expression 2 with this new Design Space, will I be able to upload my own graphics and fonts and be able to cut with my Expression 2?

4. Will there be wireless connection for the Explore? Or will it be an additional thing to purchase?

5. How expensive will it be to purchase? Will there be discounted prices for registered owners of previous cricut machines? I just paid $160 for the Cricut Expression 2 in Dec 2013.

6. Will it work with IPads or Tablets?
MarthaJackson Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:47:43 PM(UTC)
MarthaJackson

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 33 post(s)
"So I have a few questions about this new Explore:

1. Will the cartridges work in this new machine? Yes... but from what I've read, you will still have to be connected to the internet to use them.

2. Will the stuff linked to Cricut Craft Room and my Expression work on the new software? I think only the cartridges you have registered will, but not any projects in CCR. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone be able to will correct me. :)

3. Will the new Cricut Design Space work with the older cricut machines like Craft room does? Or will I not be able to use my Cricut Expression with the new software? nope! If I can use my Expression 2 with this new Design Space, will I be able to upload my own graphics and fonts and be able to cut with my Expression 2? You won't be able to use the CE2 with Design Space. They indicated on Facebook that they will look into making the software backwards compatible with the other machines... if I were you, I wouldn't expect it to work. The technology is probably very different.

4. Will there be wireless connection for the Explore? Or will it be an additional thing to purchase?There will be bluetooth for $49.99 to connect to your Ipad.

5. How expensive will it be to purchase? $299 Will there be discounted prices for registered owners of previous cricut machines? I just paid $160 for the Cricut Expression 2 in Dec 2013. Nope.

6. Will it work with IPads or Tablets?" Edited to add: Yes, it will work with Ipads in a few months.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 21, 2014 2:03:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked MarthaJackson for this useful post.
MommaG on 1/24/2014(UTC)
bethdoc Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 5:11:32 PM(UTC)
bethdoc

United States

Was thanked: 1184 time(s) in 798 post(s)
Well this is very disappointing to read. I guess I won't be getting this machine until you can design with the ipad, if that ever happens.

But I wonder this... perhaps we will be able to access the design program via our web browser on the ipad, just not through an app? Never worked well for CCR, though.

Oh well, back to my E and gypsy for now.
jscraftylady Online
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 5:21:31 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Originally Posted by: bethdoc Go to Quoted Post
Well this is very disappointing to read. I guess I won't be getting this machine until you can design with the ipad, if that ever happens.

But I wonder this... perhaps we will be able to access the design program via our web browser on the ipad, just not through an app? Never worked well for CCR, though.

Oh well, back to my E and gypsy for now.

Yeah, for me, they will have to get the app out, add design functionality to it, and I will have to be absolutely sure it works. They will also have to have the print and cut feature working.

All of this will have to be done before the Sizzix Eclips2 with Bluetooth comes out in the fall.
Scrapperdee on 1/21/2014(UTC)
bethdoc Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 5:50:10 PM(UTC)
bethdoc

United States

Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, for me, they will have to get the app out, add design functionality to it, and I will have to be absolutely sure it works. They will also have to have the print and cut feature working.

All of this will have to be done before the Sizzix Eclips2 with Bluetooth comes out in the fall.

Too bad for cricut, I was ready to shell out full price on HSN for this machine. I don't want to buy a laptop and I'm not dragging a cricut machine back and forth to my computer desk to cut. Not worth the hassle.
Guess I'll wait and see. I was really hoping to get this for the better cutting and fine cuts on smaller images.
I don't want another type of cutter, I have 120 carts, I think I have plenty of images to cut. Just hoping to get better cuts with them.
Scrappygal Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:22:09 PM(UTC)
Scrappygal

United States

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 52 post(s)
This is probably a really dumb question but here goes. I do not understand some of this technology. Will the new machine cut using Wifi on the iPad or do you need a data plan to use it? I know I have Bluetooth capability on it but is it going to cost me extra to use Design Space and cut to the Explore? I do not have a data plan attached to my iPad. I only use Wifi.
saelbrlie0376fc2 Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:47:39 PM(UTC)
saelbrlie0376fc2

I just don't get it....why can't they see that we want to use our machines to cut what WE want to cut? Instead of creating a new machine give us software we can use to cut svg's! I get that they will lose money, but they have already lost consumer confidence. Give the customer what they have asked for ....please!
jscraftylady Online
#16 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 8:25:54 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

So how many of you are like me, reading this message board on your iPad with only half the screen visible and thinking to yourself "why am not surprised the app isn't ready".
Scrapperdee on 1/22/2014(UTC), *Meg* on 1/24/2014(UTC)
bethdoc Offline
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 8:53:07 PM(UTC)
bethdoc

United States

Well I have a solution to the half screen problem on the ipad. You have to go to shopping, change the little flag in the upper right corner to UK instead of US or Canada, then you can see the full MB. No idea why.
 5 users thanked bethdoc for this useful post.
Mary R. on 1/21/2014(UTC), Scrappygal on 1/21/2014(UTC), jscraftylady on 1/22/2014(UTC), *Meg* on 1/24/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 1/24/2014(UTC)
Mary R. Offline
#18 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 9:14:08 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 495 time(s) in 347 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrappygal Go to Quoted Post
This is probably a really dumb question but here goes. I do not understand some of this technology. Will the new machine cut using Wifi on the iPad or do you need a data plan to use it? I know I have Bluetooth capability on it but is it going to cost me extra to use Design Space and cut to the Explore? I do not have a data plan attached to my iPad. I only use Wifi.

Great questionThumpUp. I have the same situation, WiFi only. Keeping my fingers crossed we can use WiFi.
GrammySue Offline
#19 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 9:31:49 PM(UTC)
GrammySue

Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 100 post(s)
So how many of you are like me, reading this message board on your iPad with only half the screen visible and thinking to yourself "why am not surprised the app isn't ready".

My IPad does the same thing. I don't know what they have done to make it that way. I wish they would fix it. I have to go to my computer to read the post. Right side of text is missing.
On he WIFI. I don't understand why the don't wait until EVERYTHING is working before they launch
a new machine. Then it could all be ready without us waiting to see if it ever actually happens. I love Cricut I have 5 of them and the Gypsy. I am disappointed that they did not find something for us that have an Imagine to be able to use our carts. I have over $1000 in carts alone in the Imagine. I bought most of them when they first came out.I paid $500 at launch for the Imagine. Just worried about another promise that doesn't come true.
 2 users thanked GrammySue for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 1/22/2014(UTC), *Meg* on 1/24/2014(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#20 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 9:49:16 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1623 time(s) in 743 post(s)

I know 4 people with Ipads and this problem........ If they can't get the MB to display correctly on an Ipad......... then how in the heck are they going to program a reliable, full featured, graphic app?

Edited by user Tuesday, January 21, 2014 9:52:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 1/22/2014(UTC), jscraftylady on 1/22/2014(UTC), *Meg* on 1/24/2014(UTC)
jscraftylady Online
#21 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:42:30 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Well I have a solution to the half screen problem on the ipad. You have to go to shopping, change the little flag in the upper right corner to UK instead of US or Canada, then you can see the full MB. No idea why.

Thanks!
bethdoc on 1/22/2014(UTC), *Meg* on 1/24/2014(UTC)
jscraftylady Online
#22 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:45:39 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Originally Posted by: Scrappygal Go to Quoted Post

You would connect to Design Space using WiFi (or if you were in an area with no Wifi use a data plan if you had one.) The iPad will communicate with the Explore using Bluetooth. Bluetooth is not Wifi or a data plan and does not cost you anything extra. You would have to have both to cut since you can't cut without being online.
*Meg* on 1/24/2014(UTC)
Scrapperdee Offline
#23 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:02:50 AM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Was thanked: 4074 time(s) in 2335 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
I know 4 people with Ipads and this problem........ If they can't get the MB to display correctly on an Ipad......... then how in the heck are they going to program a reliable, full featured, graphic app?

I've been wondering that all day yesterday (and still today)

1 user thanked Scrapperdee for this useful post.
*Meg* on 1/24/2014(UTC)
*Meg* Offline
#24 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 10:39:05 AM(UTC)
*Meg*

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 60 post(s)

LOL LOL LOL

I've read that the iPad app will cost $50. As suspicious as I am of PC, they cannot possibly be thinking of charging $50 for an app that's "focused on Make It Now projects" (which I read as "only manages pre-designed projects of our choosing") ... can they?

And will there be an Android app? Believe it or not, not everyone owns or is interested in owning an Apple tablet.

1 user thanked *Meg* for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 1/24/2014(UTC)
jscraftylady Online
#25 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 12:51:34 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Originally Posted by: *Meg* Go to Quoted Post
LOL LOL LOL

I've read that the iPad app will cost $50. As suspicious as I am of PC, they cannot possibly be thinking of charging $50 for an app that's "focused on Make It Now projects" (which I read as "only manages pre-designed projects of our choosing") ... can they?

And will there be an Android app? Believe it or not, not everyone owns or is interested in owning an Apple tablet.

The Bluetooth adapter will cost $50, but I am sure the only reason you would need it is to cut from the app. So yeah, it kind of costs $50.

And I do not believe that not everyone is interested in owning an Apple tablet.LOL
Scrapperdee on 1/24/2014(UTC), *Meg* on 1/24/2014(UTC)
jscraftylady Online
#26 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 12:52:38 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Well, it worked for me to read the messageboard but when I signed in, even on the UK site, I lost half the screen again.
*Meg* on 1/24/2014(UTC)
bethdoc Offline
#27 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 1:09:00 PM(UTC)
bethdoc

United States

Well, it worked for me to read the messageboard but when I signed in, even on the UK site, I lost half the screen again.

Weird. Mine has been working for me. Maybe clear your cookies on the ipad, sign in under US, then change it to UK. That's what I did the first time, and then I just leave it logged on.
blackbearblackbear Offline
#28 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 1:25:17 PM(UTC)
blackbearblackbear

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 30 post(s)

I have this problem if I try to view the full site. If I change it to the mobil site I can view the entire page.
nancyh Offline
#29 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 1:38:08 PM(UTC)
nancyh

Was thanked: 565 time(s) in 426 post(s)
I don't have an IPad so this feature is not that important to me at this time. However, I do have an anroid tablet, and wish they would also make it compatible with android tablets.
Moxy77 Online
#30 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 3:02:21 PM(UTC)
Moxy77

United States

Was thanked: 383 time(s) in 280 post(s)
I believe that they are calling it a "mobile app" instead of an Ipad app because it will be for android and Ipad. At least that seams logical to me. Melissa