Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

melodylanedesigns Online
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 5:19:58 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1800 time(s) in 891 post(s)
Dear Cricut,

I know there are a few apps out there where you can list the cartridges you have, I tried one but never kept it up then got a new phone and it was gone. I have all my cartridges on my blog so if I am at the store I can go there through my phone to see if I have one I want in the store. I would rather have an app made by cricut. I would like to be able to be signed in to it and see all my linked cartridge, I link every cart I get. Would also like to shop and read message board too if possible. Maybe have the handbooks in the app also.

Ok, Ok, I know I am asking for too much. But maybe just our linked cartridges would be awesome.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:56:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.
MaryStillman on 1/15/2014(UTC), ssharp11d5c1f11b on 1/16/2014(UTC), joyfullycrafting on 1/19/2014(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 5:32:27 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18453 time(s) in 8202 post(s)
You can see all your linked carts in your cricut.com account. Can't you just access the website on your phone?
Lisa B** Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 5:39:39 PM(UTC)
Lisa B**

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 8 post(s)
When I got my andriod 3 months ago, I went to the " Play Store " and searched cricut looking for an official cricut application, but it looks like one dose not exist. So if the powers that be are reading maybe we will get one.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 15, 2014 5:42:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

melodylanedesigns Online
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:58:01 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

I want it to be easy and easy to read on a phone. like click a button that says linked cartridge. what would even be better is click on one of your cartridges and takes you to the handbokk images, not all the fluff in the handbooks just the pictures.
 1 user thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.
ssharp11d5c1f11b on 1/16/2014(UTC)
poodlebone Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:08:04 PM(UTC)
poodlebone

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 35 post(s)
I use the cartridge checklist from www.joyslife.com. She does keep the list updated and it's really easy to use. I like that you can mark cartridges that you want but don't yet have. I actually use that feature to indicate which cartridges my sister has lent to me so I don't accidentally "forget" that they're not really mine.
 1 user thanked poodlebone for this useful post.
~LN on 1/17/2014(UTC)
RobinPineo1 Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 9:56:33 AM(UTC)
RobinPineo1

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 58 post(s)
I agree definitely need an app to keep track of cartridges bought and the handbooks need to be more accessible. They need to be in one place like the library of their site not just through the shopping part.
melodylanedesigns Online
#7 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 10:19:25 AM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Originally Posted by: RobinPineo1 Go to Quoted Post
I agree definitely need an app to keep track of cartridges bought and the handbooks need to be more accessible. They need to be in one place like the library of their site not just through the shopping part.

Yeah! On my blog I linked the handbook, so if I click on my cartridge it links to the handbook for that cartridge.

But the website would be easier if you have a library of carts, in alphabetical order AND in category order, like sports, animals, travel, holidays, generations ie, nifty fifties, groovy times. Flowers, and so much more. Some carts can be listed in more than 1 category. One category should be for new carts, 3 months or newer.

Looking through the library this way WILL make your sales go up. You should also have a link next to it to purchase the cart. People will look for cartridges they want by category or it will just make it easier to see them all, I really hate the shopping thing searching through them all.

Just my opinion, I am very opinionated this morning sorry, Just trying to make things better, my brain does not want to stop.
sewnmachine Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 2:48:36 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 335 time(s) in 221 post(s)
Try using the Kindle app.
I have all my handbooks downloaded in pdf format to the Kindle app I have on my phone. When I'm in a store I can just open the Kindle app and see at a glance which carts I have because I only download the ones I actually own. I can then also open up a specific cartridge handbook and quickly see the images also.
I have a samsung android phone and the Kindle app is a free download.
I also store all of those data files on an sd card on the phone so they don't eat up phone memory.

So while this isn't a dedicated Cricut app it does give me all the information I need at a glance.
There are also many mobile office apps that could be used as a Cricut database also. Some are free, some $$$. Kingsoft Office is one that comes to mind.
Catita Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 3:03:13 PM(UTC)
Catita

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 87 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sewnmachine Go to Quoted Post
Try using the Kindle app.
I have all my handbooks downloaded in pdf format to the Kindle app I have on my phone. When I'm in a store I can just open the Kindle app and see at a glance which carts I have because I only download the ones I actually own. I can then also open up a specific cartridge handbook and quickly see the images also.
I have a samsung android phone and the Kindle app is a free download.
I also store all of those data files on an sd card on the phone so they don't eat up phone memory.

So while this isn't a dedicated Cricut app it does give me all the information I need at a glance.
There are also many mobile office apps that could be used as a Cricut database also. Some are free, some $$$. Kingsoft Office is one that comes to mind.

That is a great idea! I would've never thought of doing that. Will be doing it now, though. Thanks!
Eeyore2005 Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 4:52:39 PM(UTC)
Eeyore2005

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I used the Spreadsheet file in Google Docs. I entered all my cartridges and can access the file on my phone or computer.