Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

reneel21618f69902 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 3:58:05 PM(UTC)
reneel21618f69902

Groups: Registered

I am using the craft room for the first time and I love it. However, i cut out about 3 inch letters and it worked no problems. But i tried to cut very small letters and it tears every time (It is for a card)!!! Any help is needed. Thanks
Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 5:13:25 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 771 time(s) in 349 post(s)
my experience has been that there are several factors that play into how well very small images will cut

some images simply will not cut well at very small sizes no matter what I have tried especially if intricate detailed or thin

the quality of paper will affect how well small images will cut and of course the pressure and depth needs to be adjusted for different paper/cardstock

I would try cutting them at the very largest size that is possible for your project,use quality paper that does not have a lot of fiber content

and if your blade has been used for a while, try using a new blade and a fresh mat. Make sure there is no paper fibers clogging up your your blade housing that is causing it not to rotate correctly.

I just changed my blade a few days ago and made a huge difference in my cuts. I tend to just keep using mats and blades thinking I can get one more cut when actually I need give in and replace more often

Edited by user Friday, December 20, 2013 5:14:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricutGena Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 10:25:31 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 960 time(s) in 304 post(s)
Hello! Most fonts are not designed to cut smaller than an inch. I hope this helps.

-Cricut Gena
scrapalette Online
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 11:33:48 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18420 time(s) in 8187 post(s)
Most of the time, when I'm cutting smaller letters/words, I use vinyl. Cuts beautifully and no need to add adhesive since the vinyl already has it!

This little Disney Mini Mini Album is 3 inches x 3 inches, so the letters were small.

Last year, I "monogrammed" ear phones for stocking stuffers for all my nieces and nephews. The space with the letters is smaller than the size of a quarter.

Edited by user Saturday, December 21, 2013 11:35:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added photos

1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
Narelle on 12/24/2013(UTC)