Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

beetlebugmart Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 23, 2013 9:03:03 PM(UTC)
beetlebugmart

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 167 time(s) in 105 post(s)
I had ordered a crafty package on Wednesday. It was going to be delivered by FedEx yesterday, on Friday. I had ordered a similar package from the same company(not PC) back in Sept. I was not at home when it came. They left it at my door. So, I got home yesterday, no package, but there was a door tag saying they had come at 12:42 pm. I asked my DH who said they had rung the bell, he went to the door, no one was there, and they had already left the parking lot b/c he walked out there and no truck in sight. They were quick! We also live in an apt. I call the guy and he said no one was home, I said there was, he didn't wait for anyone to answer the door. I said how come they didn't just leave it. He said it needed a signature, which I didn't know. I said leave it tomorrow and he said to sign the slip and put it back on the door. Today I get home, door tag is gone, and no package. I check tracking and it says has been delivered and signed for. I ask my neighbors and they say they don't have it. I call FedEx again and the girl says "When you live in an apartment building, they leave it at the office if no one is at home." I ask "How much sense does that make? I didn't have it shipped to the office and if I'm not at home, then why would the office be open on a Saturday?" But I go to the office. No package. I call and speak to a supervisor and FedEx is closed on Monday. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!! A shipping company is closed on Monday??? So I can call Tuesday and check on it. Okay, I needed this thing before Thanksgiving. FedEx contracts things out, they do not employ their own drivers. I read reviews on them and they are all bad. How are they still in business? Sorry for the long rant but this package was $85.00! What do I do? And is there any way I can get my stuff or get my money back? I mean I did sign the slip, so it does show that it was "signed for". I know I won't get my package in time but at least if I get reimbursed. I WILL NEVER SHIP ANYTHING FEDEX AGAIN!! Thanks for any advice you can give me.

~JD~ Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 23, 2013 9:15:35 PM(UTC)
~JD~

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1169 time(s) in 910 post(s)
If you don't get anywhere with Fed-Ex, then I would call your credit card company & explain to them exactly what happened. They should take it off your bill, I think they will help you out in a situation like this.......

Good luck to you.

Janis
MamasScrappin Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 23, 2013 9:41:44 PM(UTC)
MamasScrappin

Was thanked: 693 time(s) in 630 post(s)
Next time I would advise that you go online and request it to be delivered to a nearby fedex post office place. We can do that in Cali, so I'm sure it's available all over. At least then you know it will be delivered and not stolen or lost. I would still call FedEx and make them find the package. The driver will be required to backtrack and find the package where he/she delivered it.
JoyceG Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 10:44:15 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Was thanked: 884 time(s) in 576 post(s)
I've gotten packages from fedEx for years and years and never had any trouble. Hope you find your package. FedEX has never worked on Mondays. They work on saturdays instead.

Joyce