Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

taralea71e7847553 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 23, 2013 3:16:25 PM(UTC)
taralea71e7847553

Groups: Registered

I am new to cricut. I started a project trying to put a vinyl saying on painted canvas (Acrylic paint used). I used transfer paper to maintain the integrity of the layout, but the vinyl would not stick. I used "The Paper Studio" self adhesive vinyl purchased at Hobby Lobby fro $7.99. Does anyone know why this is not working???? All suggestions are welcome.
CeceliaJ Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 23, 2013 8:04:18 PM(UTC)
CeceliaJ

United States

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 39 post(s)
I'm not sure about the brand of vinyl you are using? I have heard that the vinyl will not stick to paint on canvas but that others have had luck with putting modge podge on the canvas and letting it dry and then to put it on your canvas and it will stick. Good luck!
r.allencraig410ce11f Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 11:02:28 PM(UTC)
r.allencraig410ce11f

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just got my cricut the other day and having been (not succeeding) trying to make some word art on canvas. That vinyl from Hobby Lobby is crap. It's not sticky at all. I think it is because all the air bubbles between the vinyl and the backing. i wasted most of the roll because of the creases from trying to get the bubbles out.

it's very frustrating.

I am trying the modge podge method now because I saw someone on pintrest try it with just cardstock paper stencils and theirs turned out ok.

Fingers Crossed..
A
 1 user thanked r.allencraig410ce11f for this useful post.
theproc0a14c052 on 1/6/2014(UTC)
theproc0a14c052 Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2014 3:11:42 PM(UTC)
theproc0a14c052

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 79 post(s)
I've had more luck (but not success to perfection) with cricut vinyl than Paper Studio on canvas. I'd have to agree with the previous poster that PS vinyl is much thinner. I had a roll of white that I literally threw away because it ripped every time I tried to get it off the cricut mat. The PS black was better but clearly not as thick as other, higher quality brands.
PATRICEMELTON1 Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 8:36:26 AM(UTC)
PATRICEMELTON1

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I have made several designs of canvas. The first thing I do is spray paint the canvas. I don't use acrylic paint. The next thing I use is permanent vinyl (351) from Expressions Vinyl. It does not peel off easy, but it is not hard either. It just takes time.