Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

SewCrazyAboutCrafting Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 9:43:55 PM(UTC)
SewCrazyAboutCrafting

Groups: Registered

I updated to windows 8.1 over a month ago and before that my Cricut worked just fine with the Cricut craft room and everything. Now after the update I was working on a project got it all finished and ready to cut in the CCR. When I hit cut the CCR acted like my machine was cutting but my machine just sat there.Angry I thought okay maybe my cables lose so I closed the cutting window restart my machine and go to cut again this time it says no found device....ThumbDown I tried and tried and tried. I uninstalled, re-installed. When I tried to update the firmware It sat in the firmware updating screen for over 30 minutes "thinking" not wanting to ruin my Cricut but having no choice 'cause it was locked up, I sighed and turned off my machine and restarted my computer. I know its not the USB cable 'cause my computer makes a noise when you plug one into it. So I know that it is recognizing it. Also the "USB is Active" comes up on the Cricut screen on the machine it self stays there not even a minute and then disappears. Inever unplug or touch the cable it acts like I unplugged the USB cable and I haven't....
If I have my Cricut plugged into my computer and on it will stay in the "initializing" screen most of the time. Very rarely can I have it plugged in and on for it to go all the way to the "mat" screen.
I can used CCR all day long it's only not working when I go to cut out my projects.
Someone please, PLEASE, help! I rely on the CCR to use my Cricut.Sad Sad

Thanks
-Leigh

p.s yes I already posted this else where but dang it I need some help! hahaha PLEASE

Edited by user Monday, November 18, 2013 9:45:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rice Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:25:20 AM(UTC)
Rice

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 79 post(s)
I'm sorry this happened to you (and others). This is a known problem. Here is the post:

http://www.cricut.com/fo...ws-8-1-and-Mac-10-9.aspx