Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

dorichatelain44314a80 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 2:55:36 PM(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 115 post(s)
I have been designing cards in the CCR for a big project that I have been working on. After getting the card design I then take each layer and arrange it for cutting but then I have no card to refer back to as I am putting it together. Is there a way to save the designed card before I rearrange the layers?

I tried to export the file. But then I can't reopen it.
JoyceG Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 3:01:17 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 884 time(s) in 576 post(s)
I can't tell you how to do it but can you take a screen shot of it and email it to yourself? Or maybe get out your camera or phone and snap a photo of it.

Joyce
dorichatelain44314a80 Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 3:07:08 PM(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 115 post(s)
i don't know how to do a screen shot of it.
but i might be able to take a pic with my phone.

That would help....

Thank you
Olivia'sNana Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 3:55:42 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 771 time(s) in 349 post(s)
All you need to do is save your file BEFORE you start moving your images around.

click file in the very top left hand corner of your screen, click save as, type in a name that you want to name the file. Then after you have moved your images around and finished cutting
click file,open, it will ask if you want to save the file you are working on, either say no if you don't want to save the moved around design or give it a different name from the first, then click file, open, find your first file that you saved and it will open just as you saved it.
Remember when saving a file that "save" overwrites any previously saved versions whereas "save as" creates a new file.

I have all of my disney fairies saved like this in two files - example:

Tinkerbell layered (this file is the design file)
Tinkerbell cut (this file is after I spread the images around the mat for cutting)

I can go back to either file anytime I want to use it again by opening it in my saved projects.

The way I do a print screen if that is how you would rather do it - find your PrtScn button on your keyboard. Usually on the very top row of keys. This puts the image on a virtual clipboard,
go to start, all programs and find your Paint program (usually found under accessories)click on edit and there you should see paste - click on that and it will past your print screen in the paint work area. It will literally be a screen print of your entire active computer monitor, so you will see whatever was on your monitor when you clicked prtscrn. You can save that as a file and edit it to crop away all the extra stuff. - I think it would be much easier to save the file in ccr and then you have it to go back to later.

Hope this helps

Edited by user Monday, November 18, 2013 4:33:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
Carolyn on 11/18/2013(UTC), Mary R. on 11/18/2013(UTC), BJR on 11/19/2013(UTC)
Mary R. Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 6:42:44 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 495 time(s) in 347 post(s)
Hi Olivia'sNana,

I create and save my ccr files the way you do, just want to sayhow well you explained the process. You are awesome. I doubt I would've/could've explained it so clearlyWink.

Best, Mary R.
scrapalette Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 10:06:52 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18422 time(s) in 8188 post(s)
I take my completed design and move it over to the right so it is off the mat. Then I select the different layers, copy and paste them onto the different mats for cutting. That way, I have the design and the cutting screens in one file.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
Leanner on 11/26/2013(UTC)
MaryStillman Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 10:16:56 AM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1210 time(s) in 763 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
I take my completed design and move it over to the right so it is off the mat. Then I select the different layers, copy and paste them onto the different mats for cutting. That way, I have the design and the cutting screens in one file.

Excellent! Thanks for the great idea. One way that CCR has it over DS.

Mary
OhCecilia Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 9:46:49 PM(UTC)
OhCecilia

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post

Can you tell me how you do this? After you have your image the way it should look with all the layers on top of each other, how do you copy it off the mat so they all stay together? Do you have to group it first? Thanks in advance!
Narelle Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 6:05:50 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7577 time(s) in 3540 post(s)
Originally Posted by: OhCecilia Go to Quoted Post
Can you tell me how you do this? After you have your image the way it should look with all the layers on top of each other, how do you copy it off the mat so they all stay together? Do you have to group it first? Thanks in advance!

No need to group it. (In fact if you do group it all the layers will be moved to one layer...)

Just drag you mouse around the images to select them all and move them over to the right. (If they are the only images in your design you can use Ctrl A to select them all instead of dragging around them with your mouse.)
OhCecilia Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 8:45:33 PM(UTC)
OhCecilia

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Thanks Narelle! So weird...right before I logged in here I was surfing the net and stumbled across your blog and subscribed to it! Thanks for answering my question. I am going to try it now.

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
No need to group it. (In fact if you do group it all the layers will be moved to one layer...)

Just drag you mouse around the images to select them all and move them over to the right. (If they are the only images in your design you can use Ctrl A to select them all instead of dragging around them with your mouse.)