Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Roni Carbajal Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 12:23:18 PM(UTC)
Roni Carbajal

Groups: Registered

I am pretty much a newbie, using a Cricut Expression, and the Craft Room software. I needed help interpreting the ccr file instructions. I wanted to cut out the current hot-air balloon card, and don't understand the numbers in parenthesis:
example: step 1, 1A says: Light blue base (3” + F4 + Shift + 12)
What does the 3"+f4+shift+12 mean?

I thought that if you imported the file into Craft Room, the sizing was automatically done for you. But I learned cutting an earlier project, that this is not necessarily the case. Can you help? Hopefully before the hot-air balloon card disappears? Thanks in advance.
Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 1:35:23 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 769 time(s) in 347 post(s)
Roni,

I think what that is referring to is if you are using just the machine without ccr AND using the new generic overlay on your machine keypad. I don't have one, but I am pretty sure the vinyl overlay that comes with new cartridges now have the generic one that uses numbers rather than thumbnail images on the keypad. The f12 is probably the feature keys. The feature keys in ccr would be the tabs that run along the top of the virtual keypad that has the layers, shadows and other feature keys that are specific to each cartridge.

If you are using ccr, this information would not apply. If you download and then import the ccr file, this is already done for you in the predesigned file.