Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Gisele Offline
#31 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 4:21:13 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
It seems like Sketch #2 is very popular! It is great to see such wonderful creations. If you are peeking in, please join in and share your cards with us or share a comment!

Joyful Carol – A wonderful second card for Sketch #2 for your pastor – your pop-up turned out well!

Dee – Beautiful Sketch #3 – the lighting does pick-up some of your Stickles but I am sure it is more amazing in person.

Donna – Nice to see your Imagine working well for you. Great card in the ad colours – this would suit my DS. Are you enjoying the Artbooking cart? I know you love both Artiste and Art Philosophy.

Laura – Two wonderful cards for your niece and nephew. I am sure they will love these Halloween cards!

Gisele Offline
#32 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 4:26:48 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post
Gisele...
Your #1 sketch is very nice. That's another one of my favorite color-combos. You did a great job on the flower. Did you put vellum behind the cut-out hearts?

Your #4 sketched amazes me. What a great job you did of putting things together. That is one cartridge that I wish I had. Very nice extra-credit card. Who makes the background paper?

Dee -

Sketch #1 - yes I did put vellum behind the cut-out hearts!

Sketch #4 - I too wish I had the Hello Kitty cart but I was happy with the final result by using all of the different cuts on different carts. I might need to try again to make a Christmas themed Hello Kitty. The background paper is from the DCWV All Dressed Up stack.
Joyful Carol Offline
#33 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 7:45:58 AM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Sketch #4 made a very nice card for my brother-in-law's birthday. I embossed the little orange frame. The framing with the deer are popped out with some foam dimensionals. I used a "happy birthday" sticker for the greeting, but I believe the flash on the camera is reflecting off of it too much to be able to read it in the picture. I just cut the little banners out by hand. This card went together quickly after I decided on the deer picture and the papers to use. I have been working very hard on when I find a paper I believe will work to stop looking and go with it instead of taking 2 hours or more with papers all around me in the floor. If it gets too big of a struggle, I lay it aside and come back to it several hours later or the next day. (I will take a little longer if it is for a super special card!)

Edited by user Tuesday, October 29, 2013 7:49:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
deer.jpg
BingoLady Offline
#34 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 12:56:54 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 915 time(s) in 615 post(s)
My #2 card. Back at Turtlebug's posting my cards. Nice cards so far. Thank you Gisele for hosting and Dee for the ad colors.

BingoLady Offline
#35 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:14:59 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

My #4 card. A big Thank You to NanaDonna for my bling birthday gift. It was an assorment of brads from My Minds Eye and some CTMH stamps. The brads you see on this card are from one of the kits.

TurtleBug Offline
#36 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:33:31 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 905 time(s) in 576 post(s)
Hi Ladies!
Nice to see more action on the MB again!!ThumpUp ThumpUp

Well, here is my story....I have a new cartridge by Anna Griffen called "Winter WonderLand". I wanted to use a cut from it for my #3 sketch card, but when I was done with the gifts I really liked the way it ALREADY looked and I couldn't bear to cover the gifts with the square panels and banner. I decided it would be my card for the "2 Cards From 1 Sketch" Challenge. It does kinda, sorta fit the sketch....right!???

My "2 Cards From 1 Sketch" Challenge:
"Merry Christmas" - Artiste Cartridge
Embossing - Cuttlebug "Holly & Berries" folder
Gift Cut - Anna Griffen Winter Wonderland Cartridge
The background cardstock has a very pretty sheen to it and it shows darker on the right side for some reason. I used green metallic cardstock and white glitter cardstock for shadowing the gifts. The dots are from a red collection of bling I ordered online a while back. Added gold ribbon. The red bow on top of the silver gift is from the Winter Wonderland cartridge.
TFL!!Smile

Here is my Sketch Card #2
Bow - Winter Wonderland cartridge
Embossing - Cuttelbug "Snowflakes" and Holly & Berries" folders
Sentiment - Acrylic Stamp Collection by Michael's (sorry, don't have name of it)
Banner - Artiste cartridge cut from AC Specialty Paper "Foil" stack in silver
I sprayed the bow and red "ornament" with Pearl Ex "Interference Violet" mist. Added red Skittles.
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:46:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Joyful Carol Offline
#37 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 3:23:28 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Sketch #3 I used Love You a Latte cartridge for the coffee and sweet roll. The coffee cup is cut at 3" and the sweet roll is cut at 1 1/4". I thought for a while about how to put icing on my sweet roll. I love sugary things and I really needed icing on my sweet roll. I dug down into a plastic storage bin and found some fabric paint that I have had for years. I was shocked when it still flowed freely from the bottle. I thought it made great icing by adding some nice texture. I made this for my SWEET daughter-in-law. I hope I did not ruin it by handwriting the greeting. Scared I added a couple of "jewels" and took the picture again. I also took a close-up of the sweet roll because it looked so yummy and I thought the rest of you should just be craving one as well as me!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:05:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Add photos

Coffee & Seet Roll.jpg
Coffee & Seet Roll 2.jpg
Sweet Roll close-up.jpg
*NanaDonna* Offline
#38 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:39:41 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2545 time(s) in 1320 post(s)
Wow awesome cards everyone, hope to get back later to comment. I was planning on getting my #4 done today but had some friends stop by so we visited for a while. It is almost done so if I don't get it posted later today, I will for sure get it posted tomorrow. It is coming out so cuteLove
Gisele Offline
#39 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 5:18:01 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Joyful Carol – 2 more wonderful cards! Wow – what a great card for your BIL in the ad colours! Choosing paper can take time! A great card for your DIL – your family must be so happy to receive your beautiful cards! Wonderful choice of papers and love the steaming cup of coffee with the roll!

BingoLady – So glad that you continue to join in even though you don’t have your own computer! Nice traditional Christmas card with cute embellishments! Love your choice of blues and white for Sketch #4. It’s always nice to see how you use your gifts from NanaDonna!

Turtlebug – You new cartridge has some wonderful images! Those are very detailed presents and I can see why you didn’t want to cover them up. Wonderful background paper – is that a new folder? You might be enabling me again! BigGrin Love your second version of Sketch #2 too - beautiful ribbon and Stickles! Love your stamping too!

Keep the cards coming!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 10/30/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#40 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 5:39:29 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Yeah this went together way faster than I expected.ThumpUp
Here is my sketch #4
One of our great-granddaughters is turning 2 next week and she wanted a Hello Kitty birthday. I pulled out my Hello Kitty Greeting cartridge that I have not used for a very long time. I struggled in my mind for the last 2 weeks on making a Hello Kitty card but just could not get my mind around what I wanted to do, in the end I am very very happy with how it turned out.
The ribbon banners are cut from Art Philosophy, a couple of them are from vellum and hard to see.
The circle background is stuff that I have had for a few years and always forget to use. It is what is left after they cut out sequin, I got it on one of our trips to SAS a fabric remnant store TFL

Edited by user Wednesday, October 30, 2013 7:37:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kiethann Offline
#41 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 7:59:30 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 456 time(s) in 341 post(s)
Love looking at everyone's cards. Your creativity amazes me.

I am hoping to work on one before next Wednesday. tomorrow is my surgery.....so probably will not feel up to doing much of anything for a few days after that.
Joyful Carol Offline
#42 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 1:27:54 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

BigGrin I have a big pot of Taco Soup simmering on the stove—Smells so yummy! So, I shall take a few minutes and comment on cards.

Gisele-The sketches are just great. I am enjoying working with them. Your examples have been helpful. My favorite is the sketch #2 with the airplane. That one just keeps lingering in my mind and just may have to steal it!! Your sketch #3 has very beautiful paper. It is elegant. #1 is appealing as well and I do not want to miss it. I love the hearts and in that color was a very nice touch and out of the ordinary. #4 Hello Kitty is fabulous. No need for the cartridge to make this cutie. Your extra credit just makes me want to go get started on making Christmas cookies!

BingoLady- What a great job in pulling all of those beautiful colors together together and without that “wild” paper just overpowering the card.! Good use of the embossing as well on this card from the previous challenge. #2- I really like the embossing on the stocking. It makes me think of wearing warm, fuzzy socks on cold winter days. So nice of TurtleBug allowing you to come over and post. #4 This card has very pretty colors. Relaxing colors. Nice touch using your new brads.

DeeScraps-#2 with the pumpkins is truly delightful. I like your use of the burlap fabric and the twine. #1 made good use of the add colors. Nice idea to use words instead of a cut out.#3 is so lovely with the little cardinals flying around with their bright red color. The layering with the red and green makes this card very special with the background paper.

NanaDonna- Many congratulations on the news of a new addition coming to the family! Babies are always awesome. #2 with the snowflakes turned out great. The white and blue always makes me feel chilly and with the that “snowstorm” caused by using the embossing folder added a great touch to the whole card. #1- Very nice with the add colors! The background paper was just perfect for the colors and whole design of the card. #4 This Hello Kitty card is very cute indeed! Great choice of colors for a Hello Kitty card, too!

LauraHunter-#2 Two number 2's and just in time for Halloween. They are very cute and makes me think of the little people who come to my door on Halloween.

TurtleBug- Great 2 #2's as well! Several of us have made two #2's. Great minds think a like! The gifts turned out fabulous and I do not blame you for not wanting to cover them up- definitely a good choice. The embossing on both cards really help the cards be all they can be.

Kiethann- Sorry you have to have surgery. May you recovery quickly and be back to crafting in a hurry. I am sure it will be good therapy for healing.
 1 user thanked Joyful Carol for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 10/30/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#43 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 1:58:11 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

UGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Just lost all my comments as I went to hit "post"!!Cursing Cursing

Here goes again!!!

laurahunter

#2 and 2 from 1 Sketch Ex. Credit - Very colorful, love all the small details and how you subbed the pumpkin and pleated disk for one of the circles on each card. Cute Pumpkin Boy and good old Frankenstein, the children will love both of their cards.

Joyful Carol
WHY is it we all have such a hard time picking our papers?!!LOL LOL I am starting to believe it is a worldwide dilemma instigated by craft paper companies to make us go out and buy even more paper!!LOL Just saying, Ladies!Laugh
#4 - LOVE this card!! You picked the PERFECT papers!!BigGrin Like the photo and pretty double frame, the bold orange color really pops. You aced the sketch on this one....your DBIN will enjoy it.
#3 and Lots of Embellishing Ex. Credit - Pretty card for your SWEET DIL. I can almost smell the freshly brewed coffee and taste that yummy icing on my fingertip, it looks so real! Love the Bling and pretty pink frame. Nice job on the handwriting...do you do calligraphy??

BingoLady
#3 - Great idea to use wreaths in place of the circles, love the BG paper and tree light banner. Cute Mr. & Mrs Santa Claus!
#4 - Like the two-tone blues and your new Brads, they look like real torquoise. The sentiment makes the card very versatile.

NanaDonna
#4 - SO CUTE!! Like all the embossing (rare for you)Wink and the HK ribbon. Like the look of the "stuff" over the pink gingham...nice combo. I too have a ton of that "stuff" and in all sorts of colors, I think I have only used it on two cards. The HK cut is so cute, she will love it. I can see why you are so happy with the outcome, it is such a cute and girly card for a two yr. old!

Need to go do some ironing....will be back to post my #1 and #4 later...Smile

Edited by user Wednesday, October 30, 2013 8:11:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#44 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 2:07:38 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: Kiethann Go to Quoted Post
Love looking at everyone's cards. Your creativity amazes me.

I am hoping to work on one before next Wednesday. tomorrow is my surgery.....so probably will not feel up to doing much of anything for a few days after that.

Kiethann,
We all thank you for your nice comment, but above all, prayers to you on your surgery tomorrow and that you have a quick recovery and get a clean bill of health. Will be looking forward to when you feel like joining us again.
Prayers,
TurtleBug
TurtleBug Offline
#45 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 2:24:17 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: Gisele Go to Quoted Post

Turtlebug – You new cartridge has some wonderful images! Those are very detailed presents and I can see why you didn’t want to cover them up. Wonderful background paper – is that a new folder? You might be enabling me again! BigGrin Love your second version of Sketch #2 too - beautiful ribbon and Stickles! Love your stamping too!

Hi Gisele,
Have had this folder for a while now, it is a 5X7 folder from Cuttlebug called "Holly and Berries". Don't remember if I bought it at one of the craft stores or if it is one I ordered on-line. You might still be able to get it a craft store or on-line. I like using it alot on my Christmas cards cause of it's larger size. Talk about enabling, lucky you that you don't get to visit NanaDonna's craft room....I feel I HAVE TO HAVE everything she buys (and she has it ALL)...BUT, I don't!LOL

Edited by user Wednesday, October 30, 2013 2:31:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#46 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 8:29:36 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My #1 Sketch Card in the Ad Color Challenge:

Bike - Acrylic stamp from the CTMH "It's your Day" collection
Banners - Artiste cartridge
Embossing - CB "Houndstooth" folder
Button - Sizzix "Buttton #5" die
"HELLO" - Rubber stamped with Dew Drops in "Rust"
I stamped the bike 4 times with Black Staz-On ink and added tiny Brads to the wheels. I cut two different size and style buttons, layered them and put Diamond Glaze for shine, added twine and popped the button and added chipboard to pop the blue banner.
I saw a card using the bikes in this way on Pintrest, but other than the Bikes this one is totally different.
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Wednesday, October 30, 2013 8:51:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#47 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 9:53:54 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My #4 Sketch Card:

Owl - Give a Hoot cartridge
Cuttlebug Embossing:
1. Chicken Wire
2. Tree Branches
3. Divine Swirls
4. Swiss Dots
and 5. Argyle by Darice
Banners - Artiste cartridge, cut in CCR for size adjustment
Leaf Pattern Paper - Recollections "All Seasons" stack
Sentiment - Computer-generated
Added googly eyes and a leaf Brad, banners all cut from scrap box.
TFL!!Smile

[img][/img]

Edited by user Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:01:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP Offline
#48 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:54:32 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 736 time(s) in 619 post(s)
I just wanted to say that I love looking at all these cards. Such talent!!!

Thanks for sharing with usSmile
 1 user thanked JeanP for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 11/2/2013(UTC)
Joyful Carol Offline
#49 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 10:51:44 AM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

TurtleBug- No, I do not do calligraphy, although I would really like to give it a try. Too busy paper crafting! BigGrin
Sketch #1 in the challenge colors really turned out great. I like the idea of the bicycles and the little brads were the perfect addition. The embossing looks fabulous and the rounded corners are very nice.
Sketch #4- What a cute little owl! You added some nice texture throughout with the different embossing folders. Definitely a job well done and to top it all off you thought of using that cute little leaf brad.
 1 user thanked Joyful Carol for this useful post.
BingoLady Offline
#50 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 12:11:27 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Love Love Hello ladies, I'm here at Turtlebug's house again. I want to thank all of you
ladies for your wonderful comments. And to say keep up the wonderful work you ladies
do with the cards you make. Yes Gisele, Donna and Turtlebug they help me alot.
They have taught me alot. I hope I get as good as all of you ladies.
Thanks to turtlebug for letting me use her computer.Love I'm going to go work
on my other sketches.By for now.Cool
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#51 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 2:31:58 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hello ladies, first off THINKING OF KEITHANN TODAY AND HOPE HER SURGERY GOES WELL.

I thought I better get on here and do my commenting before I finish up my sketch #3

Again Gisele thanks for hosting and it is very nice to have you back. I love the Artbooking cartridge. I debated about it for a while because I do not scrapbook, but it has some really nice cuts and things that work perfectly on cards, I am sure I will be using it a lot. In case you didn't know I am a CTMH consultant.
#1 so very elegant and pretty, I love the chicken wire embossing on the one banner and that great brad in the middle of the flower.
#2 Wow what a fabulous guy card, I love that airplane cut and all the coordinating papers
#3 Very pretty and I am sure your friend will love it. I really like all the details, you know I love details. The bling adds the perfect touch.
#4 Awesome, great job making that hello kitty and that little bow is adorable., love the dimension this card has. I can't believe you created that Hello Kitty it is perfect.
Ex #2 cute, great Gingerbread man, like the way you did the tree stamping in the background.

Dee - you can go shopping with us anytimeBigGrin . For now I think we put it off till next week. Glad you are feeling better #2 OMG those pumpkins are adorable! what a great idea and I love the background paper, and the burlap. #1 (you called it #2 Wink )I love all the Halloween words and the black chevron really sets it off. OMG your princess is absolutely adorable, love that curly curly hair, thanks for sharing that picture. Sorry you didn't find anything at the craft fair, don't ya just hate when that happens LOL
#3 I love that background paper with the cardinals, wonderful intricate cuts on this card. Are they Spellbinders?

Carol - so glad we get to see all your great cards again From last challenge, adorable teddy bear, love the fuzz and all the cute elements across the bottom #2 cute cute rabbit and I love the bright colored banner that matches you happy birthday stamp Ex #2 hat a wonderful card, I love the blues and browns together, I am sure your pastor will like it. I will have to try a pop-up card some day, thanks for the inspiration. #4 this is a wonderful card, I love the color combo and the deer picture in a perfect addition. #3 pretty pretty card, that cup of coffee looks so yummy, love all the bling you added

Bingolady - So nice that you have Turtlebug next door and she helps you to share your cards with us. great card from last week, I love all the layers on your flowers and the cute brads in the middle, nice embossing #2 great idea to use the wreaths for the circles, nice combination of Christmas papers to carry the Xmas theme throughout the card. #4 so glad you liked your brads and that you put them to use so soonThumpUp love the blues in this card. The background paper looks like bricks.

Laura - so nice to see a new face join in and hope you continue to play along in the future. Your cards are adorable and I know your niece & nephew will love them. The pumpkin girl is so cute. I love that Frankenstein with all his details

Turtlebug - #2 such a pretty card, I love that gold paper (I think I know which on it is Wink )and the embossing on it is perfect it shows up so well. The matting white edge really makes this card pop with the red & gold, I don't blame you I would not have covered those presents either. Ex #2 wow on a roll with those Christmas cards, glad you are liking your Winter Wonderland cartridge. Perfect color/paper combination on this card, with that touch of silver glitter paper. Cute stamp
#1 Awesome card, your stamping is perfect and that dark navy against the orange really makes the colors stand out. Great job making those buttons, love the 2 shapes together. #4 Adorable owl and your embossing choices are perfectly placed. I love the saying and that leaf is a nice addition

JeanP - we would love to have you play along

Edited by user Thursday, October 31, 2013 2:37:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
Kiethann Offline
#52 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 5:04:11 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

UPDATE!!! Surgery went well. Was in OR for 4 hours. Am back home and very sleepy, but other than then ok. Thanks everyone for your most recent comments.

OOPS, forgot to mention how nice it was to see more photos of cards. Great work ladies.

Edited by user Thursday, October 31, 2013 5:05:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added additional comment

1 user thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
LisaW. Offline
#53 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 9:50:30 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Keithann...so glad to hear that your surgery went well. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Been missing in action this week. Jean has started posting the LID challenge in the layout forum and I have been working on my layouts. Finally finished tonight and now to get started on my cards...hopefully they will go better than my layouts.

I have to say the last month or so I am beginning to think like all you wonderful creative ladies. One of the challenges I had planned on doing cards with "gears" on them...can't remember if it was turtlebug or bingolady that also had the "gears". When I saw the circles I thought I would try something else so my thought was snowflakes...yours is so much better than mine would have been NanaDonnaBigGrin.

Lisa
*NanaDonna* Offline
#54 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 2:48:12 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: LisaW. Go to Quoted Post

I have to say the last month or so I am beginning to think like all you wonderful creative ladies. One of the challenges I had planned on doing cards with "gears" on them...can't remember if it was turtlebug or bingolady that also had the "gears". When I saw the circles I thought I would try something else so my thought was snowflakes...yours is so much better than mine would have been NanaDonnaBigGrin.

Lisa

Don't be silly Lisa I am sure your snowflakes would be very pretty.

And you are right many times we all think alike, I guess it is our creative minds LOL

KEITHANN - if you pop in hope you are doing well and recovery quickly ((((HUGS)))))

*NanaDonna* Offline
#55 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 2:59:33 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Got my #3 sketch done, I had so many ideas for this one while looking through my stuff that I think I may tackle this sketch for my extra credit to do 2 of the same sketch.

My daughter will turn 42 later this month, when she was born it was Thanksgiving day this may be her birthday card. Have to decide if she would appreciate the turkey LOLLaugh Wink
The turkey was printed and cut using my Imagine and the "Enjoy the Seasons" cartridge. I then embossed him with clear ultra thick embossing powder. The papers are from last years DCWV Autumn stack, I embossed thhe background paper using my eBosser and one of the folders that came with it. This is a large 5.5 x 8.5 card so it was nice to be able to emboss that large area. Flowers are Recollections, I liked the Fall colors of them. Tag was cut using Tags, Bags, Boxes & More (haven't used this one in years) then I distressed the edges. I stamped it with a saying that could be used for her birthday. The *green* swirl was cut using a Sizzix die. This is my extra credit with lots of embellishments and bling. Hard to see in the picture but there is cognac colored bling swirl. Also added a glitter brad to the tag. TFL

Edited by user Saturday, November 02, 2013 8:12:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: **oops

Joyful Carol Offline
#56 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 6:58:47 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Sketch#1 The little bird is cut from Campin' Critters at 1 1/2". I cut the circles out at 1" using George and Basic Shapes. I popped up this blue frame left from cutting out the circles and filled them with some puffy sport ball stickers I found at Walmart the other day. I knew they would come in handy for a boy card! The basketball on the banner is a brad. The "happy birthday" is one of my handy dandy stickers I have been using. Hope I can find some more because mine are almost gone.
Sports bird.jpg
Joyful Carol Offline
#57 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 11:45:52 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Insomnia-RollEyes so, I decided to make another card Sketch #3 I used an icon from Pooh and Friends to cut the basket of apples at 2 1/2". I did some inking,popping,and embossed the basket with the script folder. The frames were cut with some spellbinders--but you could find something similar on Elegant Edges or one of the other cartridges. I used a couple of brads on my happy birthday banner and the my last happy birthday sticker.Sad I also put some hemp cord around the front frame behind the basket and wrapped some more around the fold of the card and tied a bow.

Edited by user Friday, November 01, 2013 11:50:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

apple basket.jpg
Kiethann Offline
#58 Posted : Saturday, November 02, 2013 3:25:53 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Still drowsy but other than that am doing ok. My surgeon called me yesterday to see how I was doing. He told me this was the first time he has seen someone come out of surgery smiling!!

My neighbor came by this morning and took me to an arts and crafts fair (my first outing since my surgery). I did not find anything to spend my money on, but my neighbor bought a sweatshirt with a triangle shaped design on the front.

Am enjoying looking at every ones cards. May feel up to making comments in a few days.
Joyful Carol Offline
#59 Posted : Saturday, November 02, 2013 4:17:02 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

NanaDonna- Your sketch#3 Turkey card is just beautiful. I love the colors-they just speak fall time and they all work perfectly together. The flowers look so real. Definitely a job well done with just the right amount of bling.
TurtleBug Offline
#60 Posted : Saturday, November 02, 2013 5:35:34 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Happy week-end Ladies, hope it is fun and relaxing!

JeanP

Thank you so much for your nice comment. Please join us and try some of our sketches, so much fun and sure to get your mojo going!!

kiethann
Happy your surgery went well and you are up and around already! SMILING after your surgery huh???... little unusual...but good news indeed!

NanaDonna
#3 + "Lots of Embellishments" Ex. Credit - LOVE, LOVE the colors on this card. The striped panel is so colorful and great job bringing them out on the turkey and all the details. The frame, flowers and Bling are all so pretty and love the embossing, too. I'm sure she would enjoy recieving it. Which/what is the "girl swirl"??

Joyful Carol
#1 + Ad Colors - Being that my DGS is so into soccer, at first I was going to make my #1 using soccer balls, but his B'day just passed in July, so I made my #1 with the bikes instead. You did an awesome job on yours...I LOVE it!! I too have some of those puffy stickers and they sure come in handy and look great on a card. Very cute little Birdie with his baseball cap. Perfect card for the sports enthusiast of any age/gender.
#3 - Very nice! Like the BG paper, Hemp embellishment and the use of script embossing on the basket, it and the fruit turned out so nice. I have not made my #3 yet. As I have absolutly NO idea where to start with it, since it will include my "Lots of Embellishments" extra credit on it, I am at a total lost.Unsure

Edited by user Saturday, November 02, 2013 5:37:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified