Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

milpalabritas9e902b34 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:53:00 AM(UTC)
milpalabritas9e902b34

Groups: Registered

Hello you all,

I bought my Cricut Mini some weeks ago. My OS is Windows 8.1 and I have installed the drivers. I think I've seen all the existing messages on my screen. I cannot make it work. I live in Spain and I have written several times to the provided help email but it seems the only way to get a solution is to call the UK support number.

The last message I've got is: "You have 2 of 2 computers authorized..." I have uninstalled the program on the second one...but nothing new happened.

Please help me...I was so excited about making my own projects!!!

María Rosa.
ladybugstamper Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:13:02 AM(UTC)
ladybugstamper

Was thanked: 485 time(s) in 245 post(s)
Hi!
I don't have a solution for you, I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I have windows 8 and it doesn't work with my Expression either. It did for a few months then windows upgraded and it doesn't. Others can still use CCR and windows 8. Weird

I live in the states and support tried to help and they couldn't. I hope you reach someone who can help

Good luck

#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:33:52 PM(UTC)
milpalabritas9e902b34

Thank you for showing your solidarity!!!

The support team reset the authorised computers and now I can go further than before...but I reached the goal just once Huh After this brief success, the messages appeared again: "No usable device...", "Insert the cutting mat..."

I upgraded to Windows 8.1, I checked the antivirus settings, I installed the machine drivers, the computer recognizes it, I checked the firewall...

What did they tell you? Will anybody give the money you paid for it back to you?

Still wishing a solution.

Greetings from Spain.
scrapalette Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:46:09 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18454 time(s) in 8203 post(s)
The problem might lie with Microsoft. I've read lots of people, not just Cricut users, having problems with 8.1. Can you uninstall 8.1 and go back a version on their software?
bostmann43492afb Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 7:10:34 PM(UTC)
bostmann43492afb

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Maria,

I hope you don't have the same problems I do. I am constantly getting the "2/2 computers" msg. I have Provocraft on speed dial. I usually like to craft on the weekend but during the week will get into the craft room and try to come up with ideas and save them. Provocraft says that my internet provider is sending out that I have multiple IP addresses (I think that's what it's called)and the craftroom is reading them as separate computers, but I have only every linked one computer to the craftroom. Sooo, I have to call them each time this happens and they clear my account so that I have no computers linked to the craftroom....and so it goes until the next time this happens. I am in the states so it is probably easier for me to get this accomplish. It sounds like anyone in other countries has even more frustrating problems.

I even actually asked them to make my account so that it could have unlimited computers connected to the craftroom (even though I would only every use one) so that I didn't experience this problem....but as expected this was a "no go" with Provocraft.

Good luck.
Narelle Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 7:32:22 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7615 time(s) in 3552 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bostmann43492afb Go to Quoted Post
Maria,

I hope you don't have the same problems I do. I am constantly getting the "2/2 computers" msg. I have Provocraft on speed dial. I usually like to craft on the weekend but during the week will get into the craft room and try to come up with ideas and save them. Provocraft says that my internet provider is sending out that I have multiple IP addresses (I think that's what it's called)and the craftroom is reading them as separate computers, but I have only every linked one computer to the craftroom. Sooo, I have to call them each time this happens and they clear my account so that I have no computers linked to the craftroom....and so it goes until the next time this happens. I am in the states so it is probably easier for me to get this accomplish. It sounds like anyone in other countries has even more frustrating problems.

I even actually asked them to make my account so that it could have unlimited computers connected to the craftroom (even though I would only every use one) so that I didn't experience this problem....but as expected this was a "no go" with Provocraft.

Good luck.

Have you contacted your internet provider? Maybe they can give you a static IP address....

Or you could set up a reserved IP address. Here's a link where it discusses both. http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/st...dvantages-disadvantages/
bohobird Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:01:50 AM(UTC)
bohobird

I too was having issues running Craft Room on Windows 8. I ended up running compatibility issues through the settings on Craft Room and manually updated it to run the program using a previous version (Windows 7). That resolved my issues and I was able to log in, no problem.

But tonight - I'm getting a "Service Error" and it won't let me log in at all despite the fact I was just logged in and creating a project. The Cricut website is also full of errors when I view it as if the site was down.

Very, very frustrating considering the Cricut cloud is the only way I can access digital cartridges that I paid for.

Overall I've been consistently disappointed with how antiquated the program seems to be Honestly, I don't know how Cricut maintains a digital customer base with all the issues.
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2013 12:50:07 PM(UTC)
milpalabritas9e902b34

Hello again,

Thank you all very much!!! I'm amazed about how complicated it is for me to find a solution. I bought the machine in the USA and now it is too late to return it to the seller. I'm afraid I wasted my money and I'm very sad.

Why is it so difficult to get an answer from the support center? If ever they answer my emails they do 4 or 5 days later, they write just a couple of lines whose content is completely useless.

I installed the program in a different computer, running under Windows 7... it didn't work and then I got that silly message about two of two computers authorised.

what can I do?

Would it be useful to call the UK support number?

Sniff!!!