Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

tabad069809acf9ad Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 12:33:00 PM(UTC)
tabad069809acf9ad

Groups: Registered
United States

It's been a while since I've been able to use my machine due to illness. Well I get her out today thinking I'm feeling better maybe I will try and accomplish something. Well now she won't cooperate for anything!! I was able to print two small images! Now it will pull through as if it's going to print then shoot it back to me to reload, for printing then jumps to cutting when actually has done nothing! Tried using the craft room it will not load from computer to machine, then decide to try once again from my imagine and now it's telling me to insert print cartridge! It's a new cartridge! So as of right now I am looking at a paperweight!! UGHH!! So sorry I just needed to vent this thing is making me feel like a complete idiot!Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing
hhayes102b1b56d8 Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 12:55:18 PM(UTC)
hhayes102b1b56d8

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Breathe Deeply with me! Now, IF you have tried to print and it messed up once or twice I tend to turn it off and back on again to clear its head so to speak and try again. Also, don't force the paper feeder in there. IF it does not want to feed the paper on one side of the cutting mat turn it around and try the other side even wear is a good thing for the cutting mats.
I have an Expression 2 and it required an update in order to work smoothly. I don't know what cricut u have but maybe a sync is in order.

Sorry about your troubles, And I hope you have a better day.Mellow
 1 user thanked hhayes102b1b56d8 for this useful post.
tabad069809acf9ad on 10/14/2013(UTC)
Olivia'sNana Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 2:06:01 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 771 time(s) in 349 post(s)
I hate to be the bearer of bad news and hopefully I am not but..... If it has been a while since you used your imagine, you may not know that machine has been discontinued and is no longer supported. The ink cartridges, although may be new, may actually be expired. If you will look at the ink carts and see what the date stamp says, if they are expired, they will no longer work. There is a replacement ink cart by hp that can now be used but I think your machine will need an update to be able to recongnize them. I'm not sure what the ink cart #
s are but I know it is posted somewhere on the mb. I gave up on my imagine a long time ago. Could never get it to work dependable, only when it wanted to and how it wanted to
 1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
#4 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 6:13:03 PM(UTC)
tabad069809acf9ad

United States

Olivia's Nana

Oh my!!! I can't believe that this very costly machine that was supposed to be so wonderful is no longer compatabile!! Is there a newer and greater one out there now? I now know why it continued to tell me to put ink cartridges in, they are expired! Do you know if I buy the replacement cartridges and use those will I then be able to work from craft room to my imagine, or are do they not communicate at all?
Even trying to work from the imagine itself the fonts lay on top of one another and will not set up side by side!! So if I want to do anything, and it works by some miracle, it's one slow print at a time!
So one more question, which machine would you or anyone else recommend! I really want to make scrapbooks, especially since I have a granddaughter now!!

Thank You!!
Cursing Cursing Cursing Mad Mad Mad
#5 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 6:14:14 PM(UTC)
tabad069809acf9ad

United States

Also I did do cricut sync and update my machine and drivers too!
Sherri Kay Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 6:21:05 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2310 time(s) in 2068 post(s)
I think you should give PC a call and see if they can better help you. They'll be able to answer any questions you might have about the ink cartridges too. I don't own the Imagine and so glad I didn't buy that expensive machine. Good luck with your I and hope you get it to work!! Smile
 1 user thanked Sherri Kay for this useful post.
#7 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 6:25:54 PM(UTC)
tabad069809acf9ad

United States

Thank You Sherri!!
Narelle Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 7:07:19 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7577 time(s) in 3540 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tabad069809acf9ad Go to Quoted Post
Olivia's Nana

Oh my!!! I can't believe that this very costly machine that was supposed to be so wonderful is no longer compatabile!! Is there a newer and greater one out there now? I now know why it continued to tell me to put ink cartridges in, they are expired! Do you know if I buy the replacement cartridges and use those will I then be able to work from craft room to my imagine, or are do they not communicate at all?
Even trying to work from the imagine itself the fonts lay on top of one another and will not set up side by side!! So if I want to do anything, and it works by some miracle, it's one slow print at a time!
So one more question, which machine would you or anyone else recommend! I really want to make scrapbooks, especially since I have a granddaughter now!!

Thank You!!
Cursing Cursing Cursing Mad Mad Mad

My Imagine still works even with expired inks. But I know there are many others like you who it won't work for.

I do know that when the time comes I will have to purchase the HP inks. You might need to do another firmware update when you replace them, but fingers crossed it will work again.

I have read of others that have replaced their inks with the new HP ones and have gone on to be able to continue using their Imagine.
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
#9 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 7:44:33 PM(UTC)
tabad069809acf9ad

United States

I tried printing and cutting from the machine without using computer and I might get one out of five images to work. So then I thought I would just try to cut an image since my inks are outdated, that never worked! I am going to call in the morning and see if I can get some type of assistance if not this baby is going up for sell and I will purchase a different version! Does anyone know if the imagine cartridges will work with the other machines or are the imagine specific?
AuntieKLE Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 7:57:24 PM(UTC)
AuntieKLE

Was thanked: 145 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tabad069809acf9ad Go to Quoted Post
I tried printing and cutting from the machine without using computer and I might get one out of five images to work. So then I thought I would just try to cut an image since my inks are outdated, that never worked! I am going to call in the morning and see if I can get some type of assistance if not this baby is going up for sell and I will purchase a different version! Does anyone know if the imagine cartridges will work with the other machines or are the imagine specific?

Expression 2 is able to use the Imagine Art Cartridges (not the Pattern Cartridges).

HTH
 1 user thanked AuntieKLE for this useful post.
#11 Posted : Monday, October 14, 2013 9:09:17 PM(UTC)
tabad069809acf9ad

United States

trying to do a little research and some seem happy with the expression 2, some not! I think I need a machine that is not smarter than me, lol. Are there other types of machines out there that do what the cricut does? At this point my husband is like oh no not another one! I really love what the cricut has the capacity to do so definitely want another one, just not sure which one!

so sorry I'm being so needy! Just wish he would have researched before buying this one, so now that's what I am trying to do~
Thank you in advance for all of the advice~
BigGrin Blushing
scrapalette Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:35:29 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18424 time(s) in 8188 post(s)
Cricut is the only cart based cutter on the market. All the electronic die cutters use software. So if you want a "plug in a cart and play" cutter, you'll want a Cricut.