Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Mrs.Warcup Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 7:27:07 PM(UTC)
Mrs.Warcup

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 82 post(s)
I am getting a gypsy for Christmas but I am kinda worried. I have finally gotten to where I feel VERY comfortable creating with DS. I'm mainly worried about the screen size of the G... even though I have "young eyes" I'm just really accustomed to zooming in 200% to make sure I see EXACTLY what I want to do. Anyone out there want to offer any advice/tips to ease my mind?
Does anyone use both DS & gypsy? Are the files easy to convert and use from .cut to .gypsy?

TIA!!
cristine Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 7:41:14 PM(UTC)
cristine

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 66 post(s)
Gypsy is to small for me. Netbook works better for me, and the cost is the same. Can design with no issues and light enough to carry around. Let me know what you think.
MaryC Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:19:27 PM(UTC)
MaryC

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 84 post(s)
Mrs.Warcup wrote:
I am getting a gypsy for Christmas but I am kinda worried. I have finally gotten to where I feel VERY comfortable creating with DS. I'm mainly worried about the screen size of the G... even though I have "young eyes" I'm just really accustomed to zooming in 200% to make sure I see EXACTLY what I want to do. Anyone out there want to offer any advice/tips to ease my mind?
Does anyone use both DS & gypsy? Are the files easy to convert and use from .cut to .gypsy?

TIA!!

Okay, I have older eyes, have used DS for over 1.5 years, and I love my gypsy! I am able to zoom in with it, and you can also pan with the tip of your stylus to see more of your mat while you are in "zoom" mode.

If you have not purchased your gypsy yet, watch some of the videos online and see for yourself what you can do with it. Only you can really decide if you will like it or not.