Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
LadybugJett Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 9:37:16 PM(UTC)
LadybugJett

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Hi welcome to this 2 week challenge. Please feel free to join us. All you have to do is make a card using the sketches for inspiration and post it back here. You may do one or all! I picked my sketches today from Operation Write Home. I love that they put the dimensions on sketches. It keeps me from having to do math.

For extra credit: Do something weird or out of the ordinary to your card. Examples: use unconventional embellishments, make a shaped card, cut a see through window, etc.
Double extra credit, make 2 of each card and send one in to the soldiers since the sketches are from Operation Write Home.

*If you're not familiar with Operation Write Home, it's a group that sends cards to soldiers so they can mail them back home to their loved ones. There are a few rules to follow like no glitter and make sure to use quality products that will last on the war front. Here is a pamphlet with the guidelines: http://operationwritehom...CardHospitalBrochure.pdf There are 2 different addresses that you can send your cards to depending on where you live. Here is the link to the addresses: http://operationwritehome.org/mailroom/

Edited by user Thursday, August 01, 2013 7:33:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Adding OWH info

4 users thanked LadybugJett for this useful post.
JeanP on 7/31/2013(UTC), *NanaDonna* on 7/31/2013(UTC), DeeScraps on 7/31/2013(UTC), LisaW. on 8/6/2013(UTC)
LadybugJett Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 9:39:48 PM(UTC)
LadybugJett

Here are some sample cards of the sketches.

Edited by user Thursday, August 01, 2013 7:34:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked LadybugJett for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 7/31/2013(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 12:28:06 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 913 time(s) in 614 post(s)
Ladybugjett, thankyou for the nice sketches, and all your cards came out
really nice. I like all the colors and cuts you used. It has been so slow,
I hope this keeps going. Come on ladies lets get making those cards.Love Love
LisaW. Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 1:25:15 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 92 post(s)
finally able to get on at 2:20 in the afternoon.

Thanks LadybugJett for the wonderful sketches and two extra credits too.

Anxious to get started but have to wait for work to end...only 3 more hours. Whipping up a couple pizzas for dinner so I can get started right after.

Lisa
*NanaDonna* Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 1:37:14 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2544 time(s) in 1319 post(s)
[size=6]Thanks so much for hosting LadyJet and thanks for the sketches. Great double extra credit. Hope to get started on them later today or tomorrow.

I have been trying to get on the MB this 7:30 this morningCursing Cursing Cursing I could get on the MB but as soon as I logged in and tried to get to the MB I got a fatal error. I posted on Cricut FB page to try and find out what was going on and they said nothing, ha ha ha. So I called and the girl confirmed they were having some issues and working on it. Thought the maintenanceBored was not suppose to be till tonight
So Bingolady that is explains why it has been quiet around here today at least

So finally here are your ad colors for this week
RED WHITE BLACK

Edited by user Wednesday, July 31, 2013 3:42:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 7/31/2013(UTC)
Kiethann Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 3:15:09 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 453 time(s) in 339 post(s)
thank you ladybugJet for hosting the card sketch challenge. Just a reminder to anyone who is thinking about making cards for operation write home. PLEASE make sure and not use any glitter or other metallic, shiny or reflective embellishments. If even one speck of glitter or other metallic material get on the service men or women's clothing it can endanger their lives. thank you. I tried posting this earlier but my computer was being finicky.
TurtleBug Online
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:34:24 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 905 time(s) in 576 post(s)
LadybugJett,
Congrats on your first Hosting!! Thanks for the nice sketches, will keep me busy for a while. Like Ex. Credit #1, but LOVE Ex. Credit #2!! Where are we to send the cards, and other than the restriction Kiethann mentioned, what else is required?

NanaDonna,
Thanks for the nice, bold Ad Colors for this week, should not be too hard to find these primary colors, right!?!
TurtleBug Online
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:49:13 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

LadybugJett
Thanks for the nice Samples of your sketches!

#3 - Like the color combo alot, even with the bow & ribbon, it would still make a great guy card. Like the pattern paper with the dark brown background.
#4 - Another great color combo with the stripes and polka dots, like how you hung the tags from the ribbon. Is the middle tag stamped on vellum? The frames look like they are metal are they? Very nice card!
#2 - Like the two variations of this sketch and the assorted purple colors and patterns. Cute embellies of the cake and gift, cute!
#1 - Not sure which way you meant to post this card, or did you flip the sketch? The watering can with the flowers is so cute. Perfect embossing choice to go with the flowers, like the sparkly floral pattern on the border strip, very nice Springtime B'day card.
LadybugJett Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 01, 2013 7:44:19 AM(UTC)
LadybugJett

Thanks everyone. I went and added info on Operation Write Home to my first post with the sketches.

Keithann, thanks for the "no glitter" reminder.

NanaDonna, thanks for the add colors, I can't wait to make another one with the colors.

Turtlebug: the tags on card #4 are velum tags with metal borders that I've had forever. I actually stamped all three.

Everyone, I was already to host 2 weeks ago when I went to camp and it was all just sitting here waiting. Then, it was Tuesday night, I was in bed about to fall asleep when I remembered I needed to post before Wednesday started so I jumped out of bed, scaring my husband and ran to the computer to post. I mean, I couldn't mess up my first hosting especially after I ditched on y'all two weeks before. I don't know why my 4th card turned sideways. I think it was trying to sleep, too.

I have a friend who always makes 2 of each card she does. She figures it doesn't take much extra time to do 2 cards at the same time.
 1 user thanked LadybugJett for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 8/2/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 01, 2013 8:00:18 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
Hi everyone,

I was right in the middle of posting last night and I got the darn ERROR message. I'm not sure if it was the board or because we were in the middle of a thunder storm.

We've been out of town and are just now "trying" to get the computer set up. I'm not sure if we will be able to get the files from my old computer.

Ladybug...nice sketches and very pretty examples.

NanaDonna...thanks for doing the colors. Since I don't have "Paint" now, I don't have a clue how to do it. LOL. I also couldn't sign into my Photo Bucket account. I'm sure it will all work out, just not as fast as I hoped.

I'll check back later,

Dee
*NanaDonna* Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 01, 2013 5:39:25 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hello, I got sketch #1 done, but I think my brain was thinking a bit backwards. As I got 3/4 of the way through it I realized the OWH cards are for the service members to send home NOT to send to a service member.Blushing Blushing Huh OOPS! Well I will give it to my son-in-law that has a nephew in the Marines to give him for him birthday. Even though I have 2 grandsons in the Navy the camo color is not Navy theirs is shades of blue.

The frame is cut using Stand & Salute and also cut an extra star which I covered with gloss. The "pursuit of happiness" is also from Stand & Salute but I used my Silhouette pens to write it out since I knew it was probably to small to cut out.
All the papers I printed and they are from Sassy Designs digital papers. A month or so ago she had a sale where all the paper packs were just .24 CENTSFlapper
I used a Cuttlebug border folder to emboss the stars. The celebrate is stamped. TFL

I am working on #2 and hope to finish it up tomorrow.

Just an FYI on the security codes, they are NOT case sensitive which makes them a bit easier to enter
Kiethann Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, August 01, 2013 7:18:38 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

like the camo card. I am sure your son-in-law will appreciate being able to send a unique card to his nephew. Like the celebrate stamp you used.

Time for a teaser. I have been working on a card for sketch 3. It will contain 5 mediums. embossing, flocking, glitter, metallic tinsel, and glimmer mist and it also uses the add color challenge. Hope to finish it tomorrow so I can post it. This will be the first time I have used 5 different mediums for a card so hope it turns out the way I want it to. stay tuned!!!!
TurtleBug Online
#13 Posted : Thursday, August 01, 2013 11:02:25 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My #1 Sketch Card:

Sorry, no Cricut:
Pattern Paper - "All Seasons" stash by Recollections
Tag - Pre-made from Michael's, to which I added a green Brad
"Bee Happy" - Spellbinders "Trio Tags" collection, sentiment is computer-generated
I used my Crimper (Thanks to Lisa for reminding me I have one!BigGrin) on the green panel,I added ribbon and a cute little Ladybug, I also crimped the white vellum under it.
TFL!!

Edited by user Thursday, August 01, 2013 11:03:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
Just Rachel on 8/3/2013(UTC)
Kiethann Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, August 02, 2013 8:08:43 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Very cute card turtlebug. Like the crimping and color choices for the card. also like the premade tag. nice card.

Ok, finished sketch 3 last night. papers used are from cloud9 design, black glitter paper, white cardstock, red glitter paper and the white with red dots paper is from forever friends every occasion card kit which was included in a card making magazine I bought. mediums used are white tinsel, christmas red glimmer mist cherry blossoms embossing folder, and black flocking. The dragonflies are cut from doodlecharms cart. 1 1/2 inches, 1 1/4 inch and 1 inch. The thank you is from another card kit which came with a magazine. ARRG!!! think it is time to either invest in another printer/scanner or a new computer. sorry the picture is cut off at the bottom. anyway at least you can see most of it. thank you card using 5 mediums.

Edited by user Friday, August 02, 2013 8:10:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added comment

BingoLady Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, August 02, 2013 11:53:05 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

#1 sketch, I used Tie the knot cart for the Champane glasses.
And Elegant Cakes cart for the fonts.The glasses are not black, they are silver.BigGrin

Edited by user Friday, August 02, 2013 4:52:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 1 sketch 089.jpg
BingoLady Offline
#16 Posted : Friday, August 02, 2013 11:57:19 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

What is going on, I can't see the sketches anymore. I hope nobody else
is having the same problem.Angry Angry
I can see the sketches now.BigGrin

Edited by user Friday, August 02, 2013 4:53:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#17 Posted : Friday, August 02, 2013 2:06:07 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Bingolady - I can still see the sketches just fineConfused

Boy I am on a roll, it seems like I work a lot more efficiently when there in not a little
two year old running aroundLOL LOL But boy do we ever miss her.

Here is my #3 and in the ad colors AND NO, I did not pick those ad colors because of the paper it was the
other way around. When I was looking for paper to use for the ad colors I ran across this paper from the CTMH Roxie pack
Craft Room Basics for the circles. I embossed the red circle.
The circles are but 3.5, 2.5, 1.5. I had that round happy birthday stamp that I stamped on the black and then heat embossed with white embossing powder. The center is also stamped and embossed using a Gina K stamp. The black spots are called rain drops. TFL

*NanaDonna* Offline
#18 Posted : Friday, August 02, 2013 2:28:41 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

OK, will try and get caught up on my comments then off to start another card or another
heat vinyl T-shirt I want to make for Miss EmmaLove

Ladybug - Great sample cards. Love the brown, green, & turquoise colors together and the background paper was a perfect fit. Tag card, I love those tags, are they vellum? Did you make them? (OOPS just read you answer to Turtlebug) and that green button is a great touch. Purple cards, LOL I had to look at these and then look at the sketches then look at these then look at the sketches, THEN I finally figured out it was two card Blushing Laugh Love the purple and the patterned paper. I really like how you randomly stamped happy birthday around the top, I would guess using Versamark ink. Love that stuff. Last card, cute image you stamped and colored like the background embossing and the sparkly papers.

Dee - nice to see you peak in, can't wait till you get all your computer stuff up to snuff so you can join us again. We sure miss you and your creations.

Turtlebug - very nice card, I love that pre-made tag and the saying you printed worked perfectly, of course you always come up with good ones. Cute little ladybug. I think I need to haul out my crimper also, I forget that I have it.

Keithann - how cute is that card with the dragonflies are sparkly, guess this one won't be going to OWH. Love all the different mediums you used.

Bingolady
- Great anniversary card. I love the color combination that aqua color is pretty with the black glasses makes them stand out.

Edited by user Friday, August 02, 2013 2:30:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 8/2/2013(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#19 Posted : Friday, August 02, 2013 4:51:04 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Sorry but the glasses are not blackLOL They are cut out of silver
paper. I know they look black.Blushing
*NanaDonna* Offline
#20 Posted : Friday, August 02, 2013 5:21:33 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: BingoLady Go to Quoted Post
Sorry but the glasses are not blackLOL They are cut out of silver
paper. I know they look black.Blushing

OOPS, sorry but makes sense silver for a 25th anniversary
TurtleBug Online
#21 Posted : Friday, August 02, 2013 9:39:31 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

LadybugJett
Thanks for the info on the OWH, kudos to the person(s) who founded it. Great idea/help for our Troops!

Dee,
Glad you have been able to peek in once in a while! Hope your computer is at 100% real soon.

NanaDonna
#1 - LOVE this card!! The camo theme is perfect, love the star embossing and the way the solid colors match the camo print exactly,and like the glossy star. Great card!
#3 and Ad Colors - Love the plaid paper and the Happy B'day in a circle, bet the heated embossing adds great texture to the look of the sentiments? Pretty card!

Kiethann
#3 & Ex. Credit - Very pretty! Love the Dragonflies and silhouette flowers. Like how you combined all the different elements and textures to create this card.

BingoLady
#1 - Very pretty torquoise pattern paper. Nice idea to use the silver champagne glasses for the 25th Anniversary.

Edited by user Friday, August 02, 2013 9:40:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Kiethann Offline
#22 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 7:35:50 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

thanks turtlebug, actually the flowers are flocked with black flocking.

bingolady like the 25th anniversary card. was Turquise one of the wedding colors? just wondering.
pan367 Offline
#23 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 9:20:19 AM(UTC)
pan367

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Can anyone tell me how to post pictures? I have been stocking this challenge for a while and I am ready to share.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#24 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 10:38:57 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: pan367 Go to Quoted Post
Can anyone tell me how to post pictures? I have been stocking this challenge for a while and I am ready to share.

Pan - we would love to have your join us.
There are two ways to post your photos the way I do it (and several other)is through Photobucket, where you upload your picture to Photobucket them copy the direct link. You click on the little mountain icon at the top of the post screen and then insert your copied link into the box that pops up and waaa laaa your picture shows up. Photobucket is a pretty good on line kind of picture album and it is free.

The other way is when you open the post reply there is a button on the button that you click to attach a file, then type your message enter the security code then you can choose the file (card) on your computer and click on it. I have not done it this way in years so others might be of more help on this then I am. But when you post this way it is the posts where you have to click on the small picture of the card to blow it up to see it better.

Hope this helps and really looking forward to seeing you card

Edited by user Saturday, August 03, 2013 10:42:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BingoLady Offline
#25 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 11:40:14 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Originally Posted by: Kiethann Go to Quoted Post
thanks turtlebug, actually the flowers are flocked with black flocking.

bingolady like the 25th anniversary card. was Turquise one of the wedding colors? just wondering.

The colors for this two weeks, are red, black and white. You can use any colors
you would like in some of your cards. I liked the paper and the colors for this card.
I made this card for a friend, she orders them from me when I see her at bingo.
She gives them to her family. Thankyou
Kiethann Offline
#26 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 1:43:05 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

well finished sketch 1 today. papers are from a Recollections packet I bought at Michaels. The pink paper is from Paper Company bright lights collection. I used an MS opaque marker to make the highlights on the strawberries. The vellum paper is from a Paper Pizazz HOTP painted vellum book I bought at a scrapbook store "garage sale" a long time ago. The border of each sheet of vellum is painted and there also are painted scenes or themes on each sheet of vellum. The thank you is from a set of K & CO vellum stickers. I used pink tissue paper underneath the large strawberry and to mat the thank you. thanks for looking! oops forgot to mention I used Cricut Lite's Sweet Shop to cut the strawberries.strawberry thank you sketch 1

Edited by user Saturday, August 03, 2013 1:50:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added comment

*NanaDonna* Offline
#27 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 4:00:59 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

OK, I got my sketch #4 done. Sorry no Cricut just Cuttlebug.
The tags are pre-made and I have had them forever, well at least 4 years LOL. I added some sheer bows/ribbon to the tops of them.
I Cuttlebugged the white with Swiss Dots and then the background with one of the Anna Griffin folders. The thinking of you is a CTMH stamp that I stamped and heat embossed. I was going to send this to OWH but it is size 6.5 x 5 I hardly ever make A2 or 5.5 x 4.25 size cards, just to hard to get all your stuff on them
Kiethann Offline
#28 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 5:04:34 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

NanaDonna love the colors you chose for your card. Like how you used two different embossing folders for the card. thanks for sharing.

OK since dh was working on his antique car, I decided to make another card. This is from sketch 2 and the add challenge colors. I utilized a lot of pieces from my box of scraps. I also.....gasp....first time.............made a rosette. I also embossed the red and the black cardstock and ...............gasp........another first............I sanded the embossing! I used beyond birthdays to cut out the words thank you. I plan on taking all of the thankyou cards to the hospital with me when I go for my 2 week followup visit at the dr's office next door to the hospital. Sorry the pic of the card is a little tilted. It was hard to keep it strait with the rosette on it. I used a Martha Stewart punch on one of the long sides of the paper used to make the rosette.

add challenge colors and sketch 2

Edited by user Saturday, August 03, 2013 5:07:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added extra comments.

BingoLady Offline
#29 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 5:14:27 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

# 3 sketch I used my new cart,Celebrate with flourish, and the red bow
I made with the Artian cart I borrowed from Turtlebug. I hope I spelled it
right. And to think I was A good speller in school.LOL
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 3 sketch 060.jpg
Kiethann Offline
#30 Posted : Saturday, August 03, 2013 5:41:17 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

BingoLady like what you did for sketch 3. I have the celebrate with flourish cart and use it a lot. What are some of the other images on the Artian cart?