Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

ahartman8e0bdfe1 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:38:28 PM(UTC)
ahartman8e0bdfe1

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I am kicking myself...I bought a Gypsy and used it once. It worked when I first bought it. I didn't do the research beforehand, and should have never bought one pre-owned! I don't have the cartridges either (they were lost in a move). You can imagine how much money all this cost!

Now it won't power on. There is a blue light but black screen....I read this has happened to others (black screen of death)?

Is there ANYTHING I can do to get it working? Or at least get the cartridges off of it?

I hesitate spending another $40 just to send it in for repair and break in another six months. I would be satisfied if I were somehow able to get the cartridges off of it at this point and transferred to Craft Room. Thanks in advance!

Edited by user Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:41:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 7:15:56 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18403 time(s) in 8177 post(s)
Call PC and talk to CS.

Generally, you can only move {link} the carts from a Gypsy to CCR using the Gypsy. And, it has to be the same cricut.com for both the gypsy and CCR to be able to link and transfer data. So, if the Gypsy is registered to the original owners account, you won't be able to link it to your CCR account.
Calmom Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 5:44:27 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2092 time(s) in 1068 post(s)
Was there linked Cartridges on the Gypsy that you bought? If so, you probably won't be able to link your Gypsy linked Cartridges to CCR, sorry.

This is why I shake my head when I see buyers on EBay pay $800 on up for a Gypsy with linked Cartridges but do not get the physical Cartridges. The Gypsy crashes and all of the linked Cartridges are gone.