Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CricketCMV Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 3:50:17 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7555 time(s) in 4426 post(s)
I haven't even tried the eyelets/grommets/etc., as yet. I primarily got this because I have wanted to do some projects with BELTS that I have accumulated over the years. I have literally tried to GIVE them away at yard sales over the years.....no one wants belts!! I won't give them to Goodwill because I think they'll just end up throwing them away.

What do any of you do with leather?

I would like to try to think of something to make gifts for Christmas for my family. For my nieces, I have thought it would be fun to cut the belts off and make bracelets (punch holes at the buckle end to tie in embellishments/charms/etc. and of course new holes to buckle onto the wrist. Wouldn't it be fun to wear something like this with jeans? Or, am I a little dillusional here!

I have seen some pictures with leather frames....not sure I'm keen on that, but maybe. I may not need the BIG BITE for that.

I have a lot of different ideas for my cards and CRICUT cuts since I can now go in much deeper to make holes (than I ever could before). I just also like the look of holey cuts on my cards (lacey look?)!

The BIG BITE punched a hole in one of my thickest leather belts.....pronto!!

I LOVE IT!

Char

Edited by user Wednesday, July 17, 2013 3:52:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TheSingingCrafter Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 4:04:31 PM(UTC)
TheSingingCrafter

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Congrats! I forgot all about mine. i think i will pull it out at least to look at it. I have mucho eyelets and grommets too.
have fun
 1 user thanked TheSingingCrafter for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 7/18/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:59:38 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Does anyone have any projects they've done using the Big Bite (on your CRICUT projects?)?

If you post any here, I'll show in the SUBJECT LINE so others can come look. I would love to see what others have done with the Big Bite.

TIA!

Char
kimcar Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2013 12:00:10 PM(UTC)
kimcar

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 115 time(s) in 86 post(s)
I posted on your other site. I have used the BB to punch holes in belts to resize for children. Make sure that if the belts are a cheap quality that you some how secure the end glue fancy tape or something so that they don't come apart.
 1 user thanked kimcar for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 7/19/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2013 12:22:39 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: kimcar Go to Quoted Post
I posted on your other site. I have used the BB to punch holes in belts to resize for children. Make sure that if the belts are a cheap quality that you some how secure the end glue fancy tape or something so that they don't come apart.

That's a good point and I'm happy for the information; I would never have thought of that. I'm sure they're probably all "cheap" quality, as I was never one to put a lot of money into my clothing. Well......at least not up front. I did buy Bergner's/Penney's/Macy's over the years, but only when they were on special specials (IYKWIM)! I'm thankful for the input.

I'll probably never do anything with those belts and might actually go ahead and give them away to Goodwill before long.....but, I have always wanted to try something with them and this is now the perfect opportunity.

I realize yard sales probably weren't the best way to try to sell/give them away. It's a very limited audience, really. Next time I'm at Goodwill I might just check out the belt area to see if there are a lot of them hanging around!

Char