Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

43 Pages«<3536373839>»
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1081 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 4:29:19 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1229 time(s) in 952 post(s)
Joy.. the worst thing to do when you are sick is to sand and paint. Hope you both feel better soon

Well today was 34 degrees boy what a difference and windy still cold but at least not in the teens.

Started snowing at about 3 really heavy and now is winding down and then more snow tonight. The wind is bad.

Today I didn't craft but hoping tomorrow. I did get a lot accomplished in the house all done and the wash. I try to do wash 2 or 3 times a week even though there is only 2 of us ...

My GF does wash everyday she doesn't like any thing in her hamper.!!

I decided to touch up my color today and used something different. No harsh chemicals no smell and best of all no staining. It is Garnier Olia 60% blend of oil! Good stuff finally found a color that is back to my original brown color not too dark. Covered the gray supposed to last 6 weeks we will see.

When I went to buy it I remembered I had a coupon plus a coupon for 25% off between that and another product I bought I wound up getting it for free. LOL

Hi Lydia... glad your weather is nice

Joy... DH son in AZ. he said one minute he is washing his car the next a dust storms appears instantly no warning!!

lv2scrap02 Offline
#1082 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 4:32:21 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Sonya.. I know you use to shop at Dress Barn I recently went in the store and I noticed another company is making their clothes and the prices have gone way up!! Not happy about that.

Usually the prices here anyway everything was $39.99 when they would have a Sale then you could get something for $29.99. Now all their prices start at 69.99 and up I rather go to Macy's for that matter

Have a good night all

SandraB. Offline
#1083 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 7:27:56 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 204 post(s)
finally home for the evening. Spent the afternoon shopping with mom...what a chore! She wanted to go to Superstore and couldn't figure out why it was so busy. My reply...well it is SaturdayBigGrin! Hockey game last nite which was fun even though our boys lost, hopefully they make up for it tonite,

Nancy: your glove story was too funny, maybe you need strings on them like the little kids[lol.
I believe it's a Garnier hair color that I use, works great.

Sharon: your kits are really cute, I'm sure they will be a big hit. Hope you feel better soon. Lovely sunrise picture

Joy: hope you feel better soon also. Painting is no fun at the best of times.

Lydia: nice to see you again

Shelly: hope everything works out for the kids jobs, I can't imagine getting up that early for anyoneBigGrin

Just finally finished my pages done, now to start some moreBigGrin! I'm quite happy with them so I thought I would share them.

Hope you guys don't get too much snow, it was warm and windy here today. Is supposed to turn cold again tomorrow for a few days, so I think I might wash the van after I pick up some pics from Wal-mart.

Take care everyone and happy crafting

File Attachment(s):
Christmas, cropped.jpg (2,862kb) downloaded 26 time(s).
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1084 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 9:12:01 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Sandra love the layouts very pretty your little one is adorable.

Sharon.. I love that stamp set hope you are feeling better

We only got about 1 1/2 of snow enough to make the roads all messy again.

finally woke up feeling good for a change.

Off to play hoping everyone enjoys the day/nightBigGrin

lv2scrap02 Offline
#1085 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 9:18:31 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

here are my lay out of Abigail I wanted the focal point to be on her so I didn't embellish much at all.
lv2scrap02 attached the following image(s):
OH NO.JPG
P1010186.JPG
P1010187.JPG
BingoLady Offline
#1086 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 12:38:47 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 915 time(s) in 615 post(s)
Hello to all of you.

Joy, Where I live we get small dust storms. We used to live in town. The traffic
got so bad, we decided to sale our big house. We bought land outside of Tucson.It is so nice and peaceful. But between Casa Grande and Phoenix they get so bad. There was a big pile
up a couple of years ago.
Love the picture of your beautiful family. Hope you get to feeling better.

Iv2scraps, You are Nancy, right. What a darling little girl.
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 1/27/2014(UTC)
DebbieScraps Offline
#1087 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 6:49:56 PM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Went into the city for the Australia day firework display and we were sitting on the riverbank waiting for them to start (the fireworks are lit from barges in the middle of the river and two dolphins appeared, it was lovely to watch them. Of course it was the one year that I did not take my camera!! You often see dolphins in the river but it was the first time we have seen them when we have been there for the skyworks. the fireworks were spectacular as always and it was lovely and cool sitting by the river
SandraB. Offline
#1088 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 8:10:25 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

finally got the van washed this evening after dropping Troy off. All the car washes were lined up like crazy this afternoon...I guess everyone had the same idea. Has cooled off some, -13C and supposed to get colder tonite.

Nancy: thanks for your kind comments on my pages. Love yours also, little Abigail is pretty cute too! Glad you are feeling better today, hope it lasts.

Lydia: nice to see you again

Debbie: glad you had fun at the fireworks and to see dolphins! Wow!BigGrin!

Better run, have to get some scrapping done tonite as we have a busy week coming up.

Bye for now, take care everyone. Happy craftingBigGrin BigGrin
 1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1089 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 9:48:09 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1392 time(s) in 1102 post(s)
Debbie, how fun to see the dolphins!

Sandra, I will look at your layouts when I turn my computer on.

Nancy, I just can't believe how Abigail has grown. It seems as if you just told us that you were going tobe a Grandma.

DH painted today, and I knitted. Mittens. We walked to Costco for lunch. I went in to look for one thing. What a zoo! !!Crying I turned around and left. No wonder Jill won't go there on a Sunday.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1090 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 10:35:36 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Thanks for the comments on Abigail's pages yes Joy she is growing so fast.

Hoping you and DH are feeling better, we never go to Costco on a weekend it is so crazy busy

Sandra... I am going to try and do what you do make a promise to myself and scrapbook a page or more a night

Debbie 3 day weekend for you hope you enjoyed the fireworks. Did the air con get fixed yet?

Warmed up a little this morning after last night flurries. Now they are saying parts of L.I. people are started to see snow!

Edited by user Monday, January 27, 2014 10:36:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2scrap02 Offline
#1091 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 11:11:42 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Finally did some digital shopping with my Free $50.00 gift card I received when I bought my Black Expression.

You couldn't buy digital carts only images so I really shopped hoping to use it.

Abigail is taking a nap I ask her if she wants to go down for her nap she goes to the fridge wants her milk first then she goes into the bedroom and points to the crib..

Iff she went going on almost 2 hours.

I decided to make a Hugh pot of Beef Stew using my Versa Cooker I put it on at 8am should be done 6 or 7 hours. The house smells so good. When I first bought it I was using it a lot then it gets stored in the basement and forgotten about. So my thing is to make at least 1 slow cook meal a week or more. So easy no fuss just cut everything up.

Followed a recipe so hoping we enjoy it
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1092 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 11:23:41 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Nancy, your stew sounds yummy! And cozy.

I just put a pork roast in the crock pot. My girlsare all so good about using them.

Jill will be home tonight.

My cold is lingering, as they do.

I have to muck out my craft room again before I can do much else in it. DH was in a cleaning mood before Chrisrmas and a bunch of stuff landed in it.

I am having tablet typing issues. Blink

I think I may try some 12x12 digital pages but I will have to figure out where to have them printed..
NJsharon Offline
#1093 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 11:38:01 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 236 post(s)
What a great start to the work week. The main boy I work with today was super bad, so stressful for him and me. Then came home & find out my credit card has been compromised & someone spent $565 at an 'adult' store in FL! Ack! So now we have to file a police report etc to get our money back. What a pain.

I may go to bingo tonight, probably will. Think I need a break after the day I am having. LOL

Need to ask the girls, when they come home, if they want to make their valentines cards or buy them this year. If they want to make them then we will get started on those soon.

We cooked pulled pork in the crockpot yesterday. That came out great, always does. It was a pork shoulder or butt piece. So nice & tender & smoky flavored.

Tonight, it will be leftovers I think.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1094 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 5:18:27 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

I could never make a good beef stew on the stove but in the slow cooker it came out really good.

I gave my DD a big bowl of stew to take home and son in law was looking forward to it until he texted me and said their lights went out he heard a big boom and the whole neighborhood went black.

Now Patty texts me that all the traffic lights are out having a hard time getting home.Angry

My Abigail took 2 naps today at home she usually only takes 1 nap.

Sharon enjoy your leftover I love pulled pork. I hope tomorrow you have a better day. I hate when credit cards get compromised!

Joy.. enjoy your dinner feel better
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1095 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 5:33:52 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Sharon, that is awful! When we have had bogus charges on our card, I think twice, our company is excellent about closing the account and issuing a new one. We have never had to file a report nor pay the falsecharges. They also call us if they suspect anything might be off.

Nance, hopefully the stew will still be warm enough to eat when your DD gets home. No power right now sounds cold!

I think the sanding is done for this visit. DH took a door off the hinges a d took it outside to sand.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1096 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 5:39:16 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Sharon, DH says quit shopping at adult stores!LOL Laugh LOL
SandraB. Offline
#1097 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 8:11:24 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

home for the evening, we had Troy's yearly planning meeting with all the staff that's involved with him either at his home or the vocational centre. It all went well...he seems to be doing really good everywhere.

Joy: our credit card company is the same...as soon as something appears out of the norm they contact us. Glad you got the sanding done

Nancy: I've been doing pretty good with my scrapbook page plan, hope it lastsLOL! I've also
almost made it through Jan., without spending a penny on crafting stuffBigGrin!

Sharon: hope you get things straightened out with your credit card. Good luck at bingo and I hope tomorrow is better at work.

Hope everyone else is ok, and busy craftingBigGrin BigGrin!

Bye for now, off to start a few more pages.
DebbieScraps Offline
#1098 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 12:31:06 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
I am so spitting mad, due to a mess they can't come and look at the air con for another week, I am so over this heat Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Such appalling customer service!!!!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1099 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 10:05:21 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Originally Posted by: DebbieScraps Go to Quoted Post
I am so spitting mad, due to a mess they can't come and look at the air con for another week, I am so over this heat Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Such appalling customer service!!!!

Jill had a new central air system put into her house soon after she bought it. The air con had an issue. It took the company over a year to fix it properly. She was not happy.
Jen (AKA rihelgrl) Offline
#1100 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 10:40:06 AM(UTC)
Jen (AKA rihelgrl)

Was thanked: 104 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Hello everyone. I have not been on in about 2 years. I went back to school and got a promotion at work so I had little time for crafting. I am currently, temporarily, laid off and have been crafting up a storm. Thought I would would reconnect with my cricut community.

I am excited to see what everyone has been up to and what wonderful new trends you are all currently hooked on.

Shelly Offline
#1101 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 10:48:39 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Hi everyone!

Debbie - So sorry about your A/C! That has got to be awful! Hope you can find a way to keep cool.

Sharon - How awful about your credit card info. Just saw that Michaels has had a breach. Don't know when it happened, but I went there just last week! I guess its time to just use cash everywhere. Hope you get it fixed. Glad you are starting to feel better.

Sandra - I'm so jealous of you not spending any $ on crafts! I was going to try and do that, especially NO PAPER. However, I am doing a craft for our women's church group next month and needed some Valentine paper. So since its for that, it doesn't count right? Got some stamps tooSad and some 8 1/2x11 white paper to use for card bases, since I'm low.

Joy - Are you home yet, or still at Jill's?

Nancy - Your stew sounded so yummy! I need to cook more from scratch. I have gotten so lazy since all my girls moved out.

Well today is going to be the last nice day for a while. That's ok, because we NEED moisture! I guess it is supposed to rain tomorrow and snow or rain off and on through the weekend. Best part is we will be getting much needed snow in the mountains.

Well I'm off to order some flowers. My SIL's brother died over the weekend from an overdose. Such a sad, sad thing. He has been in and out of rehab and some stints in jail since he was a teenager, he was 25. This time out, he really seemed to finally be trying and doing so much better. They were really hopeful this time. It's just such a sad thing.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1102 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 12:49:16 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Shelly, so sorry to hear about the death. That is a very sad one. Drugs are so horribly addicting. And now with some of the stupid new marajuana laws, I am afraid that things will just get worse.

We are still at Jill's. DH is sanding again. My poor sinuses. Home tomorrow, though! I miss my dogs. Nick is not well, and probably won't be with us much longer. I get teary just typing that. I am trying to get prepared. I am so glad that we have Camry.

I need to NOT buy paper. I have too much and don't use it very often. I am trying to learn to use paper, but I forget. I am used to making my own backgrounds with stamps and ink!

Sandra, love your layouts! What cart did you cut your letter/tags out with??? CUTE!
Shelly Offline
#1103 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 4:38:24 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Nancy - I forgot to add how cute your layouts of Abigail are! She is such a little cutie.

Sandra - I like your layouts also. I am not a scrapbooker. My daughter is. I really admire people who can do that. I can only copy cards that I see others do.

Joy - Sorry to hear about Nick. That is hard to loose a pet, especially when you have had them so long.

Have a good day everyone.
 1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 1/30/2014(UTC)
SandraB. Offline
#1104 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 7:47:07 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

a quiet evening here finally.

Shelly: sorry to hear about your sil's brother. Drugs have messed up so many lives it's unreal.
I even went into M's today and came out empty handedBigGrin! I agree, being you are buying the supplies for a church group it doesn't countBigGrin!

Joy: sorry to hear about Nick, it's never easy when it's time to say good-bye to them. The letters/tags I used on my layout weren't from a cart but from a set of Sizzix alpha bars called Doodle Tags. I've had these for a few years and just haven't used them.

Jen: I'm not sure if we've ever met or not. Congrats to you on going back to school and your promotion, hope your layoff is only temporary and doesn't last too long. Glad you are able to get some crafting in anyway. Would love to see what you've been working on,

Debbie: sorry to hear about your a/c. Hope they get it fixed soon for you

It's supposed to cool off here again for the rest of the week, today was the last warm day for a bit.

Off to scrap as tomorrow is a hockey game and Thurs., our financial adviser is coming so might not get anymore done until Fri., or the w/end.

Take care everyone and happy craftingBigGrin BigGrin
BingoLady Offline
#1105 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 8:53:50 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 915 time(s) in 615 post(s)
Hello ladies

Debbie, wow that is so awesome to see the Dolphins, and the fireworks.

Sandra, that is what I'm doing today, my laundry. Sorry but I am not able to
see your layouts.

Nancy , beef stew sounds yummy. That is what I will be making Wednesday for supper.

Sharon, that is sad and scary when something like that happens. I hope you will
get your money back. So good luck at Bingo, I hope you win a big jackpot.

shelly, I heard about Micheals, is also having trouble. I was telling my H we
are going to use cash from now on. No more cards.
Sorry to hear about your SIL's Brother.

To all of you a good night, And sorry if I forgot anyone.
#1106 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 8:45:56 AM(UTC)
Jen (AKA rihelgrl)

Thanks, Sandra.

I am really hoping that my lay off is not much longer. The facility that I was working at closed but I got my PA state counseling license over the summer and I am working on becoming paneled with the insurance companies, so that I can work in private practice. It is a much more difficult

I have been working on so many things. I have been knitting quite a bit. I have made a number of minion hats and pompom hats. Altered cigar boxes, a baby word book and I am currently working on a paper bag book. I also made some jewelry, recently. I will have to try to post a few pictures. It has been a while Blushing
#1107 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 9:09:33 AM(UTC)
Jen (AKA rihelgrl)

here are the necklaces that I made. http://www.cricut.com/fo...jewlery.aspx#post1805751

These are the minion hats.

Tried my hand at Sculpty clayand knitted a wire cuff bracelet.
Shelly Offline
#1108 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:34:35 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Hi everyone.

Jen - Looks like you are keeping busy with lots of fun projects. Hope you find work soon.

Sandra - Hope you got lots of scrap booking done. Have fun at the hockey game.

Bingo Lady - Did you get your computer up and going yet?

Joy - Hope you made it home ok with the weather.

Sure is a dreary day today. Turned cold and a little rain off and on. Of course going to the funeral didn't help it any. It was nice. I feel so sorry for my SIL as it was his only sibling. He applied for a job in Chicago, but I am hoping that he won't take it now. I think it would be so hard on his mom and dad if he moved that far away, especially right now. But then, I don't want them to move because I want my daughter to stay close, especially with the baby coming this summer.

Well I guess I really should try and get something done today. Just don't have any ambition to do anything today.

Have a good day everyone!

NJsharon Offline
#1109 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 7:37:18 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 236 post(s)
Well, we think we got the CC thing sorted out. But I am wondering if it was from Michaels security breach. They didn't say when that happened (when you would have been shopping there & been at risk). But I shopped heavily in December in Michaels & used my CC then, as my Mum was visiting (and she is addicted to Michaels!).

Oh well, nothing we can do about it now. It is done & hopefully sorted out. New card in the mail to me.

I have been busy crafting today too! I used my cricut expression & voldemort to make this banner!

And a close up of the cute fox!

All of it will tie in with my fox theme for my Open House of course. lol

I ordered some cute fox cookies from an Etsy store too. Hope some people come to this open house, after all this prepping. LOL

Had a webcam interview (using google hangout, kind of like Skype) this evening, with Autism on the Seas. That was a tough interview! AOTS is an organization that provides care & activities for individuals & families that take cruises with them. They can have various disabilities including autism, downs syndrome, cerebral palsy etc. I would go on the cruise with them & help out with the kids/young adults. It sounds like a lot of work but fun too.

Not sure I will be able to actually do it this summer though, but hoping to. If hubby gets a job working from home I could do a 5 night cruise this summer. Would be some great experience for me with teaching too. But if he gets a job where he is commuting to an office then I most likely cannot do AOTS this year.

Hubby has been unemployed since last June. :( But has had several interviews the past couple of weeks, so hoping he will be employed by this summer!

Jen... love the minion hats! I am very crafty but cannot knit or crochet! My Mum knits & sews, but I never got that gene from her unfortunately!
#1110 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 8:04:59 PM(UTC)
Jen (AKA rihelgrl)

The banner turned out great!
Good luck with the interview. I used to work with autistic children. I really liked it. They are very cool kids when you get to know them.