Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

43 Pages«<1920212223>»
SandraB. Offline
#601 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 7:42:07 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 243 time(s) in 207 post(s)
just home from bowling with Troy. The elections all went well yesterday...they were municipal elections. The fellow we were campaigning for got re-elected as mayor. The results party was at a nearby pizza place, free food and drinks (non-alcoholic of course)! Tomorrow nite we have a hockey game in support of breast cancer so need to wear pink. Thursday is free so I think we will go for our flu shots and Fri., Troy has his halloween dance for Special O. Sorry to bore you with my lifeLOL!

JeanneLee: glad everyone is back to work, hope the back pay comes soon

Nancy: have fun baking your pies. Congrats on your turkey orders

Joy: glad they found out what was wrong with dh's shoulder, hope Worker's Comp will pay for it. What is a Tuesday Morning?

Shelly: glad you were able to get some crafting time in. Pictures pleaseBigGrin

Pink: hello and welcome from Alberta, Canada. Feel free to jump in anytime. Have fun with your new Cricut

Got my nails done yesterday...Halloween style complete with spiderwebs on my thumbsBigGrin. Have some more halloween cards to make for Troy's room mates so need to get busy on them.

Take care everyone, happy craftingBigGrin BigGrin

DebbieScraps Offline
#602 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2013 9:19:55 PM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
I thought that once the wedding was over I would have more time to do things, I was wrong Crying We got the professional wedding photo's, they turned out really great, we are really happy with them and I am going to be spending years scrapping them all LOL. they got a mix of traditional and fun photos. DS is returning from a holiday in Italy tonight, I can't wait to see him and hear all about it. He really is good though, the first thing he bought when he got there was a local sim card so he has phoned a few times since he has been away. I am having the pool filled in, will be so nice not to have that hassle any more. Not much happening in this part of the world, our weather is finally warming up a bit but we have had a lot of late rains.
JeanneLee Offline
#603 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:47:06 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Morning ladies! Cool

Joy, I have several Tuesday Mornings nearby and haven't been in a while...maybe will stop in today on my way to church for kitchen duty! Sneaky

Sandra, NO, your life is not boring! Its god to get to hear about what is going on in each other's lives, I think! Helps us get to know each other better.
Congrats on your mayor getting reelected, too! Got a photo of the nails...would love to see the spider web~

Hey Deb! Wonderful to hear from you. YES, when the wedding is over there is always something else to fill that time with. DD and DSIL had their 1st anniversary last Aug...goes by fast!
Yep, we got rid of our pool last summer, too. We thought we would miss it, but didn't!

Its chilly here this am. I heard from my SIL that it was snowing in Ohio (where I am from) today!
Shelly Offline
#604 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 7:45:58 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 284 time(s) in 248 post(s)
Good morning!

Nancy - Mmm homemade apple pie! Sounds delicious. I'm not surprised about people wanting your turkeys. It is so cute! I really want to try one, just need to find some time.

Joy - Hope Workman's Comp. will pay for the surgery. Hopefully he can get it done soon as well. I have a Tuesday Morning just a couple of blocks away. I don't go in there much. It is so loaded, it is hard to see what they have (if that makes sense). I have got some good deals there though. I got some 12 x 12 white cardstock for my Imagine for like $2 a pkg.

Sandra - Love to hear what you have going on! You always have lots of fun things to do and I love how much you support your son and everything he is involved in! Congrats your mayor's election.

Jeannelee - Hope the back pay comes soon!

Tending my GS all day today, so don't know what I'll get done. He's such a cutie. He's sleeping now, but was told (about 2 hours ago) he should be waking up and hungry soon! Baby's have their own schedules. Should be a fun day.
 1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 10/24/2013(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#605 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:51:43 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1231 time(s) in 954 post(s)
Hi girls,

Joy .. we do have a Tuesday Mornings here on L.I. I heard they do carry crafts at a discount. Never been there I think some people say it is hit or miss sometimes they have nice stuff other times no. Hope Worker Comp picks up the tab on the surgery

Sandra..Busy Busy gal.. enjoy all the activities

Shelly... I have 6 turkey's to make now I took a photo on my phone to show my team mates and one of the gals says she makes her centerpiece using a Pineapple!! she said afterwards they get to eat it. I told her I want to see a picture of that.

Debbie... nice to hear from you I am sure going thru hundred's of wedding photos will be fun but time consuming... enjoy Great about the pool one less headache to worry about.

Jeanne... I was kind of chilly here today jacket weather. I would think it would be warmer on your end

I call Verizon on my cell phone I pay for DH and mine and I was paying a heck of a lot and when I called I told them I was in contract for another 1 1/2 yrs. and he said looking over your records you definitely can save money.

My DH uses his phone no more then 5 min. a month reason being he never hears the phone go off and even when I leave a message he doesn't do voice mail or texting.

I am saving a whopping 49.99 a month. My phone I don't make a lot of calls mostely texting and sending photos to DD and sil during the day of Abby so he said no problem.

Have a good night all

I am thrilled... more money for crafts LOLBigGrin
AlyaMama Offline
#606 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:31:28 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Hello- popping in real quick. I keep getting on, reading through everyone's posts then get ready to post and I have to leave the computer to take care of something. Layla is keeping me very busy latley. She is such a joy to have. I love her.

Been busy crafting, right now I'm working on halloween costumes for my girls. They are going to be superheros, pink of course. So I'm sewing, not good at it at all, but I'm trying. That counts right? I just finished htier capes, not I'm going to make them each a very simple skirt. I made 1 skirt last night for Alya (7 year old) it's even too small for Layla (19mo.) so back to the drawing board. I was trying to make it an A-line skirt so it would flare out a bit, but it didn't work out. So straight skirts it is.

We're doing a trunk or treat with my freinds and thier kids on Halloween. Should be fun. Otherwise we weoudn't be dressing up. There isn't really Halloween here so it's just our crazy American friends.

SO Jamal is insisting that Layla watch the Arabic baby T.V. music station, which wouodn't be so bad, but they play the same songs over and over and over again. I can't understand them and I get bored. So I figure he can watch those shows with her.

Everyone sounds so busy.

Nancy I don't like the scary creepy decorations either and it seems they get worse every year. I love your turkeys did you come up with the idea yourself or did you see it somewhere?

Joy that's too cute your pastors family on the internet. Enjoy your cruise. I also hope workmans comp pays up for the surgery.

Sandra you don't bore me with your life, I love hearing what other people are up to.

Shelly enjoy your grandson.

Debbie I saw the pics on facebook, they look so nice. I wish I had spent more and gotten better pics at my wedding.

Better go Layla needs me again.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#607 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 4:56:10 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Good morning everyone,

Angie .. always nice to hear from you. I remember last year you said the Halloween Trunk went well. See what you started... Be sure to share the kids Halloween costumes..

Hard to believe Layla is 19 months and Abigail is 17 months. I did find the turkey on line

Well it is dreary here today had to put the winter blankets on the bed. It was nice and cozy last night. Went down to the low 40's

Hoping to get my glue gun today

I saw the Christmas tree on the cover of CTMH Gift Guide I want to try and make that. I believe they used the Rosettes from Artbooking.. I have to check that out.

Have to run get ready for the little one

Happy Crafting

JeanneLee Offline
#608 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 7:20:39 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Morning all!

Nancy, we are within 5 degrees of you all. At 10am its 49* here(you all were at 47 degrees)
Great job on saving some money on your phone bill! I should call Verizon and see what I can get! Smile

Angie, its great to hear from you and that your life is busy, but what sweet memories you are building for your kids!We don't do scary Halloween at all. Just the fun pumpkins! Our youngest is 16 and Trick or Treating he has grown out of.

BUT we do a Harvest Festival at our church.
Free to our community- moon bounces, tractor hay ride, games, candy, and homemade goodies. Our youth build this HUGE box maze every year(headed up by our son-in-law...he has been doing it since he was in youth) Got to get some muffins made.

DS has a football game tom'w night- last Varsity game before the play-offs. I think its going to be a chilly night!

My craft table is looking cleaner(should have taken a before photo) I will share later!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#609 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 10:19:23 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1401 time(s) in 1110 post(s)
Whew! Lots of reading this morning.

Sandra, I love hearing the details of your life! I enjoy hearing about everyone's lives!!!

Angie, I hope your costumes turn out for you!!

JeanneLee, our church does a "harvest" party for the children, too. They usually get TONS of kids.

Debbie, I know what you mean about scrapping wedding pics for a long time! LOL

Nancy, great savings on your phone! And I seem to remember seeing a turkey made out of a pineapple a long time ago, but I can't remembere the details.

We are not holding out much hope that workman's comp will pay for DH's shoulder. The only good part about that long drive was seeing Jordan and Kate. 402 miles from our house to the dr's office.

DH woke up sick in the middle of the night - his stomach issues are acting up. He is fairly quiet right now, but I know from past experience it will be a LONG LONG LONG day.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 10/25/2013(UTC)
Shelly Offline
#610 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 10:31:40 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Hi everyone.

Nancy - Go to Obsessed with Scrapbooking. She does a video on making the Christmas Tree on the cover of the catalog. It tells the sizes and everything.

Joy - Hope your DH gets feeling better. Are you home or still in Portland? Glad you were able to visit with your daughter.

Angie - Have fun making your costumes. Bet they turn out cute! You should share a picture with us.

Jeannelee - We are having a warm spell. But that is supposed to change next week. I don't want fall to end. I hate winter. Looks pretty, but I don't like driving in the snow or going anywhere when it is so cold. Good luck to your son's team.

Found out that my SIL got his shift for his new job and so he will be bringing the baby to me at 5 a.m. two or three days a week. I don't do mornings well, so this will be interesting. One of those days I will have him until about 7 p.m. The other days my DD will pick him up at 2. Glad I am able to help them out. If they had to pay for childcare, my DD would have to work even more, so this will help them. Then his schedule will change in January to something else.

No grandkids today, so maybe I can craft some.
 2 users thanked Shelly for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 10/25/2013(UTC), JeanneLee on 10/25/2013(UTC)
PedalPower! Offline
#611 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:34:32 AM(UTC)
PedalPower!

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Hi girls...remember me?!

We've had a busy fall. Football season is over (undefeated, yay!) and we're on to basketball already. My son turned 10 last week. Hard to believe that...he is going to pass me in height probably in the next year or so. Not bad for my tiny little preemie guy!! My husband also had a birthday recently. He got a new mountain bike for his birthday. And has already crashed a couple of times...

I just finished up my large order of cards I do for the local university. Today I made six thank you cards for my son to use for some birthday gifts. And I used a Mojo Monday sketch to make a Christmas card to share on my blog. It's super cold here...feels like Christmas, so I used a snowman digi stamp. I like how it turned out. Not my usual style, but it's cute!

Tonight we have parent teacher conferences. I always look forward to a chance to chat with my son's teacher.

That's about all I know for now. Hope everyone is well!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#612 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 6:18:48 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hi Sonya!

Shelly, our football team will be playing down your way tomorrow. Broncos vs BYU.

Did I post a pic of the door decorations on our Alaska cruise? I spent this afternoon working on bags for a swap and for door decorations. When I could. DH is demanding of my time when he does not feel well.

SandraB. Offline
#613 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 6:52:58 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Finally, a night at home! Have been sorting through pics to scrapbook while cutting out my great-neice's halloween card. Tomorrow is a PD day at school, so hopefully we will be done early. Troy has his halloween dance tomorrow nite for Special Olympics...they always have such a fun time at them.

Joy: hope dh is feeling better

Sonja: congrats to your ds's football team. Glad you got all your cards done

Nancy: glad you were able to save some money on your cell phone. They really know how to get you on those

Angie: your dd's costumes sound cute, hope you get them done without too much trouble. I'm going to post a pic of my great-neice in a halloween costume I made for her daddy (now 31) when he was about 2. I didn't even remember making it but my sister has kept it all these years. Your trunk or treat sounds like great fun

Shelly: I'm sure you will do fine in the mornings with your gs

JeanneLee: your harvest festival sounds like fun, glad your s-i-l is still involved with it. I know what you mean about clean and cluttered craft tables.

Debbie: I did 1st anniversary albums for my dd's but still haven't scrapped the rest of their pics for myself (they've both been married 5 years now)Cursing! Getting close to doing them though.

Besides Troy's dance tomorrow nite, not much else going on this w/end. Going to get him a new mattress on Sat. and visiting mom on Sun. That's about it, besides the dreaded houseworkCursing!

Off to work on the cards
 1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 10/25/2013(UTC)
SandraB. Offline
#614 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 7:02:09 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

sorry forgot to post pics of Harper in daddy's halloween costume
File Attachment(s):
lion costume.jpg (2,595kb) downloaded 17 time(s).
lion costume 1.jpg (2,362kb) downloaded 11 time(s).
 2 users thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 10/25/2013(UTC), CocoasMom on 10/26/2013(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#615 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 4:35:22 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Good morning girls,

Harper looks so cute... thanks for posting the photos Sandra

Sonya... always nice hearing from you. Wow I can't believe your guy is 10 already time sure flies..

So excited about cutting some costs down and my health care just went up 40.00 and I just signed up.!! DH since he turns 65 Dec. 1 st. we had to get all new secondary supplement and at our age it is high it starts Dec.1 and Jan. it raises 40.00 more... not a happy camper then I get a letter saying I need all new Perscription D program. DH takes no medication so his prem. is small since I sometimes take a inflamitory for my knee I have to pay 45.00 a month. There goes my savings from phone bill and hair coloring LOL

Well have to get ready I have a doctor appt. at 9am for my eye seems I have a cold in my eye!!!

Have a great all

joyfullycrafting Offline
#616 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 12:14:11 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Sandra, your great-neice is SO CUTE! She looks adorable as a lion. And how special that your sister has saved that costume all this time!!

Nancy, insurance, you can't live without it, but it stinks trying to live with it! And it seems like they try to have a catch so that they don't have to pay for things. I guess we are blessed to have insurance as good as we do.

Shelly, I am not a morning person, either, and Megan is a bear first thing in the morning. We all learned to avoid her for 30 or 45 minutes to give her time to come to. I don't know what it will be like when she has children!

Trying to pack. Have an appointment in about 45 minutes at the doc to hopefully get DH an IV. He gets so very dehydrated because he won't put anything into his system.

Back to packing. My bed looks like my closet exploded on it. But I also have a big pile to donate. We give our stuff to a place called the Idaho Youth Ranch.

Got my door decorations done. I made a treasure chest from Life's A Beach for one of them, and put "gold and silver doubloons" and jewels in the chest. Punched gold and silver paper, and little stick-on gems and pearls.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#617 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2013 5:27:12 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Good morning everyone

Joy.. it seems like you just finished unpacking and now packing againBigGrin

I am also a morning person I always get us have my breakfast read the morning paper and get ready to start my day My DH is the same way

Yesterday Hannah went looking at Colleges with her parents OMG! I can't believe I watched her since she was 7 weeks old and now she is getting ready for College..

So we had Alex for dinner then my GF stopped by to see Abigail at 3 pm she came straight from work and of course Abigail went down for a nap at 2 pm and slept 3 hours.

she said wake her up!! No way she was exhausted and slept so good which also gave me a chance to catch up with my GF.

Abigail is going thru a spell where she eats a big breakfast 2 eggs with cheese (omelette) slice of pumpkin bread and 1/2 banana but then I can't get her to eat anything for lunch. She eats at 8:30am I figured by 2 pm she should be hungry eats nothing but wants her milk.

My Dd said the doctor isn't concerned at all!!!! she eats a good dinner but not all the time.
I am concerned but the doctor isn't

So today is a little catching up on house cleaning then I want to finish making my Truekys got my glue gun and silicone mat so I am ready to go. When my GF saw the turkeys she loved them and now wants one so far I need to make 8.

I need to order CTMH Christmas Paper to make the trees really looking for more of a foil which I have but don't know if it would hold up...

Anyone making any cards or scrapbook pages please share...

Have a great day all

PS... when I went to the Eye doctor he had to take out a Tear Duct Plug it was creating too many tears actually flooding my eye. So much better now. Yikes
lv2scrap02 Offline
#618 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2013 12:51:48 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

I used up all my cardstock I had for Thanksgiving which is a good thing because I had it for awhile now.

I have to say using the glue gun everything is solid and sturdy.

joyfullycrafting Offline
#619 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2013 2:18:30 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Nancy, I didn't even get unpacked from last week's little trip. We got home late Wednesday, and it was during the night that DH got sick.

I hope you post pic of the trees that you are going to make!

Jill has NEVER been a big eater, even when she was tiny. When she is hungry, she eats enough to feed a whale, but if she is not hungry, she just does not eat. And she has always been slim and trim. If only I could learn to do that!

DH turned a corner in the wee hours of this morning. I had called the trip insurance that we got just to check on a couple of things. That is how bad DH was feeling yesterday. I had stuff out to pack, but had not really put anything in suitcases yet, just in case. I finally started loading them today. I am really trying not to overpack, but it is so hard!!!

And right now, I really want a nap.

I did get about 20 cards made for my friend's store, but I sure wish I would have had time to make more.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#620 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2013 4:01:53 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi Joy, glad you were able to get some cards done

I can't make the Christmas trees because I don't have cardstock! the paper I have is only one sided and thin hugh Christmas stack don't really know why I bought it I think I ordered it on line last year not realizing it was paper

So I need to order some. DH said I seem to be avoiding scrapbooking.. I keep seeting other things I want to make. so I think I will just get back into it and maybe next year make the trees.

Hoping your DH feels better

Well went out early this morning to go and do a little food shopping DH went to a Classic Car Show then went to Babies R Us and T R US and started Abigail's Christmas shopping Oh Boy I just kept seeing more and more stuff so I bought her 2 toys for now then for Christmas I bought a couple of things for her not done yet LOL Talking Barney she loves him and Barney Play Set. My DD says remember we still don't have a lot of room for loads of toys!!

Have a good night all

Edited by user Sunday, October 27, 2013 4:05:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SandraB. Offline
#621 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2013 6:39:58 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

we ended up going to my cousin's for a wonderful steak dinner last nite. It was great after a day of running around. Picked up some Pumpkin Spice coffee for my Keurig, can't wait to try it tonite. Took mom shopping this afternoon, then went to the Apple Store as I thought my phone had no sound again. It turned out I somehow had the volume turned down on my musicBlushing! Troy had great fun at his halloween dance on Fri.

Nancy: wow! Christmas shopping already...good for you. Sounds like you are having a great time making your turkeys

Joy: hope dh is feeling better for your next trip. Glad you got your cards done

I had dh take a pic of me and Troy in our halloween costumes. I also took a pic of the halloween cards I made.
File Attachment(s):
Hallloween cards.jpg (3,531kb) downloaded 14 time(s).
The Captain and the Minion.jpg (2,918kb) downloaded 13 time(s).
Shelly Offline
#622 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2013 8:31:10 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Hi everyone.

Joy - Glad your husband is feeling better! When do you leave on your trip? Do you always buy insurance? We haven't done it before, but I am thinking we may need to start doing that especially with Blair retiring this year. Have fun.

Sandra - Cute cards. Love your costumes! My daughter wanted her and her son to be minions, so I crocheted him and her hats to wear. I will download the pics and post them if I can figure out how to get them off my phone.

Nancy - Wow, Christmas shopping already. I'm impressed. I have made an afghan for my daughter and I am making a sign for another daughter in a couple of weeks. But, my kids are awful about telling me what they want so it will be a while before I start. How do you like your silicone mat for your glue gun. I would like to get one sometime.

Spent the weekend at my DDs babysitting while she worked and her DH had his weekend of drill for the National Guard. Will be so nice to sleep in my own bed tonight. I had fun playing with the baby though. Then all my grandbabies and their parents came over to dinner tonight so that was fun. Our 2 y.o. GS is pretty well potty trained now. He was so excited I got a little potty for him at my house. He didn't like my "big" one. He would say he was going to fall when we held him on it.

Hopefully I can spend tomorrow doing laundry and finishing my Halloween cards.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#623 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 4:47:31 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Good morning girls,

So dark here this morning went to bed early last night since I didn't sleep well at all the night before. Good nights sleep.

years ago I use to be done Christmas shopping by Nov. 1st. now I am lucky by Dec. 1st. I can't be bothered with crowds rather get my shopping done early.

Sandra... love the cards what cartridge did you use?? Glad Troy enjoyed his Halloween dance nice photo

Shelly.. you must be exhausted baby sitting all weekend and then family over tonight! enjoy
how nice the little one is potty trained..

Max gets groomed this morning. Abigail spent the weekend at 2 pumpkin Farms and animal farms all the photos are of her feeding the lambs and they say she says Baba to the lambs and they talk back to her.

Patty did tell me she as been eating better the weekend. I think the time schedule is off for her when she comes here

Nade a nice meatloaf last night and mashed potatoes and corn. This kind of weather we start cooking comfort foods.

Have a great day all
JeanneLee Offline
#624 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 8:33:25 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Morning girls,
Was up early to meet my coffee gals for bagels and coffee at Paneras at 7:30.
One of our group we hadn't seen in weeks. she moved about 45 min away and just got a new job in DC. So now she gets every other Monday off...so we met up with her this morning. Theres are 6 of us so its a fun time to catch up. Now I am ready for a nap!

DS's team won 51-10 last Friday.(they are 7-1 now)
BOY was it a COLD night! I need to dress warmer next game!
We have a Junior Varsity game today and next Monday. This Saturday is a play-off game and then we should be in the Championship game.

Sandra, enjoyed the photos! My DD's fave movie is Despicable Me! Troy looked great in his Captains uniform!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#625 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 1:06:56 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hi all. We are having a "Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day" kind of day. Gray and windy and rainy. Yuck.

Sandra, your cards were great! I am with Nancy - what cart did you use??? And your costumes were great. :)

Shelly, this is the first time we have purchased cruise insurance, but decided that with DH's issues, we needed to start. We didn't worry about for Alaska, since we were in the US. I would to see your Minion hats!

Nancy, I have a tiny bit of Christmas shopping done, but not lots. I am mentally making lists, though!

JeanneLee, your coffee time sounded nice. And your DS's football team is doing great!

DH had a dr's appointment this morning for something different, but the dr went ahead and have him another bag of IV fluid. He had kind of a rough night, but overall is feeling better. I am really tired, though. I have not had a good night's sleep for quite a while, and have been pretty stressed about DH and the trip and should we go or not, and trying to take care of him. I need a little nap, but I also need to finish packing as at this point, we are going.
JeanneLee on 11/20/2013(UTC)
AlyaMama Offline
#626 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 1:14:14 PM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Sandra love the photos. Your cards look great. A steak dinner sounds so yummy right now. We don't get good steak here so I save that for when we are back in the States.

Nancy good for you getting your Christmas shopping done. Jamal told me the kids could have just 1 maybe 2 gifts this year. He's such a party pooper. Don't know what's up with him latley. He's turning into an old man, so grumpy and not happy.

Joy have fun on your trip, your door sounds nice. If your hubby feeling better, I hope so.

Shelly your so lucky to have your family around you. That's nice you get to spend time with your grandbabies.

Jeanne I love coffee out with my friends. Sounds like you had a good time.

Today I hosted playgroup, it was the Halloween party, it was fun. I of course made some decorations to try and promote myself. No one really asked about the decorations, oh well. I think they turned out rather cute. I'll post pictures of the Halloween costumes after we do the trunk or treat on Thursday. I still have to decorate my trunk, guess I better get on that.

So Jamal told me he wants to get me either an I-pad or a smart phone for Christmas. I can't really decide which I want more. Remember my Kindle got stolen from my car a few months back? I want to replace it and an I-pad would do that, but a smart phone might be better I just don't know. To be honest, I'm not really sure what a smart phone does that makes it so great. Any advice?

Here are few pictures. Halloween decoratins and the kids in thier Eid clothes.
AlyaMama attached the following image(s):
halloween banner.JPG
halloween centerpiece.JPG
Eid picture.JPG
Layla.JPG
 1 user thanked AlyaMama for this useful post.
Shelly Offline
#627 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 3:41:09 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Hopefully this will work. Here are pictures of the hats I made. The baby's is a little big, cut I didn't want it to be tight on his head, and I was afraid the other size would be too tight.
Shelly attached the following image(s):
20131022_122220_resized.jpg
IMG957827_resized.jpg
 1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#628 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 4:06:22 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

SHELLY, I LOVE YOUR HATS!!!!!!!!!!!

Angie, your decorations look great! A smart phone or a ipad. I have a smart phone. DH had a "dumb phone." Sometimes the smart phone is a little small to see on, but it is handy, especially when we are traveling.

DH has a tablet that is just wifi. But the credit union board that he is on is getting ipads for all of the board members. I think we have almost decided to get his with a 4G and include it on our Verizon data plan. That way he can have the capabilities of a "smart phone" and be able to see it! I offer him my phone, but he does not use it very often when we are not home because, as I said, it is kind of small to read.

I will get to inherit his tablet when he gets his ipad.

SO, a smart phone with is nice with the data plan, a tablet or ipad is nice with wifi (DH uses it ALL the time at home, and takes it to my parents where he has put our old modem, and he uses it at church as he got the log in info there), but I have been thinking that a "dumb phone" for just phone calls and texting AND a tablet or ipad with data would be almost ideal.
Shelly on 10/28/2013(UTC)
Shelly Offline
#629 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 4:26:47 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Angie - I have a smart phone and a tablet. I like my smart phone because I can use it anywhere, but like Joy said, it is small to see. I like the tablet a lot better but it is wifi, so I only use it at home. Good luck deciding. Your decorations are great. You did such a good job on them!

Joy - Thanks! I had fun making them. My DD will wear a yellow shirt and overalls just like Kaden has on.

So here's some pics (well several) of the cards I made for Halloween. The first one was done with Mini Monsters and the rest were done with Happy Hauntings. I found them on pinterest and copied them. The last one I just did with felt stickers I got a long time ago and hadn't used.

Ok, its not letting me attach the pics. I will try agin later

Edited by user Monday, October 28, 2013 4:33:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Shelly Offline
#630 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2013 4:47:37 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Ok, I resized the pics, maybe this will work.

Shelly attached the following image(s):
PA280577 (640x480).jpg
PA280578 (640x480).jpg
PA280574 (640x480).jpg
PA280573 (640x480).jpg
PA280575 (640x480).jpg
PA280576 (640x480).jpg
PA280582 (640x480).jpg
PA280582 (640x480).jpg
PA280584 (640x480).jpg
PA280579 (640x480).jpg