Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

karlasweeney1 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:32:31 AM(UTC)
karlasweeney1

Groups: Registered

HI all! I have a few questions that I know someone here will be kind enough to help me with.

I have had a baby bug since they first came out years ago and got an expression for this past Christmas. I have had a Gypsy for several years and do all my work on it, but have had trouble with shadowing on it correctly, which is an issue. I have been considering a silhouette for some weeks now, but the new E, the cart investment and the price of the S have kept me from making the leap.

This morning I have been researching the CCR, which I've never used and see that there might be some flexibility offered by using it that would be similar to the capabilities offered by the S. Mainly I mean the opportunity for single images and downloadable cuts. I'm so TIRED of buying expensive carts just to get a few images, when I know I'll never use the majority of the cart.

With Silhouette there is a HUGE online library of cuts, most are .99, and of course you can cut anything from anywhere. I assume Cricut still has us locked into only their designs, a fact I REALLY wish they would do away with. I wish they had more grown up cuts....not everyone likes whimsical.

How extensive is the CCR library? I see CCR exclusives....are those things I can cut for free? Or do I have to purchase them? I did try to purchase a single item, by clicking "buy" but it just opened another window on the Cricut homepage, with nothing in the shopping cart??

How easy is it to shadow on the CCR? I REALLY miss this on the G.

Sorry for the length! TIA!
Dragonfly50 Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 10:29:58 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1219 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Originally Posted by: karlasweeney1 Go to Quoted Post
HI all! I have a few questions that I know someone here will be kind enough to help me with.

This morning I have been researching the CCR, which I've never used and see that there might be some flexibility offered by using it that would be similar to the capabilities offered by the S. Mainly I mean the opportunity for single images and downloadable cuts.

How extensive is the CCR library? I see CCR exclusives....are those things I can cut for free? Or do I have to purchase them? I did try to purchase a single item, by clicking "buy" but it just opened another window on the Cricut homepage, with nothing in the shopping cart??

Sorry for the length! TIA!

I'll try to help with a few questions...

First of all every week PC offers free for a week cuts that anyone can cut from using CCR.
You will find them in the "my cartridges" section in CCR. They are also advertised on the Cricut.com homepage near the bottom.
I like to cut out a bunch of these and keep them on hand for future use.
Especially from cartridges that I can't get.

You can purchase individual cuts now. They can be located easily by going into the shoppng section, clicking on the Cricut image library and then on the single image section.
When you buy them using your Cricut.com account they will automatically show up in your CCR "my cartridges" section in CCR each tiime you open it.

CCR Exclusives are for sale NOT free. They are just cuts that can not be found on any cartridge.

If you mean downloading cuts from other companies that still can not be done with your machine. If you see this being done by people it is because they are using old programs they got before the lawsuit to stop their use with Cricut machines.

Hope this helps.
D~
I'm sending you a PM

1 user thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
karlasweeney1 on 6/20/2013(UTC)
karlasweeney1 Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 1:40:24 PM(UTC)
karlasweeney1

Thanks for your replies!