Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

chrisdabori785ac477 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 6:36:06 AM(UTC)
chrisdabori785ac477

Groups: Registered

HI EVERYONE!!! My name is Maria. I am new to scrap-booking!!!I recently bought a Cuttlebug v2 machine!!! and I don't know how it really works. I know the basics, such as how to use the plates. But What I really want to know is, what kind of brands of other embossing folders/die cuts can I use, and what size, or if the sizes matter? The reason why I ask is because, Ive seen some really cute embossing folders/die cuts from brands like DARICE, SPELLBINDER, SIZZIX...etc. but not sure if they are compatible with my machine. I just bought a whole bunch of embossing folders cuttlebug brand, and satisfied. But lets be real, other brands have a bigger selection of embossing folders.

Also, My other question:

I want to get a Cricut machine. I know that my job, A.C. MOORE sells the mini cricut machine. I went to this site, and didn't realize there was so many options. So, now I am really confused... I want to ask which is a better choice... I really mostly want to use the cricut machine for card making/scrapbooking reasons. So, I really need to know, the difference between these machines, which is better for me, and etc. please write back :(
theproc0a14c052 Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 4:12:12 PM(UTC)
theproc0a14c052

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Most all embossing folders and dies will work with the cuttlebug but size DOES matter. Sizzix, for example, has a line of dies that are too large in size for the cuttlebug. I don't think the Grand Calibur dies from spellbinders will all work either due to width size.

I can't say that I use my Expression as much as some others here use their machines but I've owned an Expression and a personal cricut. I like the bigger size flexabiity of the Expression series. But honestly, for how I scrapbook, I could have gotten by with a Personal or Create at least 95% of the time. I use mine mostly for titles. I've only used the bigger cuts for vinyl wall projects.