Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

xcountrymom Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 3:33:55 AM(UTC)
xcountrymom

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 36 post(s)
I have decided to bite the bullet and order the gypsy repair service on my beloved g for the black screen/blue light problem. I was just wondering if any one has sent theirs in and were you satisfied with the turn around time and if your g was now in working order? Just wondering if the repair went smoothly and you was happy about it.
 1 user thanked xcountrymom for this useful post.
go-go on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Crazyscraper Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 8:55:46 PM(UTC)
Crazyscraper

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 35 post(s)
I need to send mine in for the same reason. I have been waiting to see if any one has sent
in theirs in. If you do let us know how it went.

Thank you!

Fay
 1 user thanked Crazyscraper for this useful post.
xcountrymom on 4/30/2013(UTC)
Calmom Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 9:21:19 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2092 time(s) in 1068 post(s)
If you send it in and they are unable to repair it, do you still have to pay? Is it a set price for repair? I haven't really heard much about it, how much it is and where you find the info and procedure.
 1 user thanked Calmom for this useful post.
Khrista Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 9:22:55 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2490 time(s) in 1389 post(s)
Originally Posted by: xcountrymom Go to Quoted Post
I have decided to bite the bullet and order the gypsy repair service on my beloved g for the black screen/blue light problem. I was just wondering if any one has sent theirs in and were you satisfied with the turn around time and if your g was now in working order? Just wondering if the repair went smoothly and you was happy about it.

I haven't done their new thing, but mine has gone back to get fixed and I had it back in about a week and a half (that includes the sending it there and it coming back). I had a format I had to do and it wouldn't push through no matter what was tried. It's been working great since then. <knock on wood :) >

HTH
:)Khrista
 1 user thanked Khrista for this useful post.
CowgirlUp Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 9:34:30 PM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

United States

Was thanked: 869 time(s) in 707 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Calmom Go to Quoted Post
If you send it in and they are unable to repair it, do you still have to pay? Is it a set price for repair? I haven't really heard much about it, how much it is and where you find the info and procedure.

when they announced that G linked carts could be linked to CCR, they announced this too. they have a set price, but check that thread for Nathan's expiation of it, and here is the link (its under shopping, then side bar Gypsy repair) to the prices and to buy the repair http://www.cricut.com/sh...s-Gypsy-Repair--738.aspx
 2 users thanked CowgirlUp for this useful post.
xcountrymom on 4/30/2013(UTC), Calmom on 4/30/2013(UTC)
Leahdax Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:29:15 AM(UTC)
Leahdax

United States

Was thanked: 354 time(s) in 253 post(s)
The USB port on mine fell in. I'm sending it in today. Will let you know how it goes.
 2 users thanked Leahdax for this useful post.
xcountrymom on 4/30/2013(UTC), cricutalltime on 4/30/2013(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:05:58 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1392 time(s) in 1102 post(s)
My Gypsy is fine right now, thankfullly, but if it does stop working, I will definately try and have it repaired. I am not a CCR fan, but love my Gypsy, and will do my best to prolong her life as long as I can.

I guess I do understand why PC is going digital, to compete, but again, I love my Gypsy and do not wish to be tied to my computer and the internet to cut and weld images and hide cut lines, and all that stuff.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
xcountrymom Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:44:36 AM(UTC)
xcountrymom

From what I read and understand I think you do because you have to pay up front. Also you have to choose a specific repair and if you choose the wrong one you will be out of luck with your initial payment. At least that is how I read it- if I'm wrong someone can correct me! It is 40 to repair it the info I found was from the top sticky post that tells you about Gypsy linking.
ditskid Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:50:52 AM(UTC)
ditskid

United States

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 107 post(s)
I sent my gypsy in Friday a week ago. It arrived there and should hopefully be back to me at the end of this week. Hopefully updated, happy to be home and ready to work!!!

My USB port fell in the day I went to link in to CCR...
bad luck...

2 users thanked ditskid for this useful post.
xcountrymom on 4/30/2013(UTC), go-go on 4/30/2013(UTC)
cricutalltime Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:01:09 PM(UTC)
cricutalltime

Was thanked: 518 time(s) in 414 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Leahdax Go to Quoted Post
The USB port on mine fell in. I'm sending it in today. Will let you know how it goes.

Will they send the gypsy back updated?
CricutGena Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:37:10 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 971 time(s) in 308 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cricutalltime Go to Quoted Post
Will they send the gypsy back updated?

Yes, the Gypsy is updated before it is sent back to the customer.

-Cricut Gena
 2 users thanked CricutGena for this useful post.
nightmare/fan on 5/1/2013(UTC), cricutalltime on 5/2/2013(UTC)
Calmom Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:17:56 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Gypsy Repair FAQ's:

How much is the shipping charge to send my Cricut Gypsy™ device in for repair?
There is no shipping charge.

Is there a new Cricut Gypsy™ device coming out?
No, there are no plans to release a new Cricut Gypsy™ device.

My Cricut Gypsy™ device is missing cords. Where can I purchase replacements?
Please go to www.cricut.com or www.cricutmachine.com to find cords for your Cricut Gypsy™ device.

Can I repair any other Cricut® machine?
At this time the only repair process that we offer is for the Cricut Gypsy™ device.

When I send in my Cricut Gypsy™ device, will I receive my own back?
Provided it can be repaired, the device you send in will be returned to you. If your Cricut Gypsy™ device can’t be repaired, you will be contacted by customer support. They will help you determine what to do next.

What if my Cricut Gypsy™ device can’t be fixed?
If your Cricut Gypsy™ device can’t be repaired, you will be contacted by customer support. They will help you determine what to do next.

What is the warranty?
The repair work performed on your Cricut Gypsy™ device is guaranteed for 90 days.

How do I ship my Cricut Gypsy™ device to you for repair?
When you place your order for repair, you will be emailed pre-paid FedEx shipping labels to print and use. Complete instructions for shipping will also be emailed to you after you place the order. Please allow up to 48 business hours to receive the emails after placing your order.

What if I think my Cricut Gypsy™ device needs more than one repair?
If your Cricut Gypsy™ device needs more than one repair, add all the needed repairs to your cart on Cricut.com and check out as normal. If you’re not sure what is wrong with your Gypsy, please contact our customer service department at 1-877-727-4288.

What if I’m not sure what repair my Cricut Gypsy™ device needs?
If you’re not sure what repair to select, please contact our customer service department at 1-877-727-4288.

What if I choose the wrong repair to be performed?
Provo Craft and Cricut.com are not responsible for your selection of the wrong repair. Once your device is shipped to the repair center, we are unable to offer a refund. If you are not sure which repair option to choose, contact us so we can determine your best option. You can reach our customer service at 1-877-727-4288.

What if I decide to cancel my repair order?
You may contact Customer Service to cancel your repair before you ship your Cricut Gypsy™ device using the prepaid shipping label. Once your device is shipped to the repair center, we are not able to cancel the repair or offer a refund.

After my Cricut Gypsy™ device is repaired, will I have to re-link my cartridges?
Usually, you will not be required to re-link your cartridges after your Cricut Gypsy™ device is repaired. However, there are exceptions where a repaired device will need to be re-linked.

Will my Cricut Gypsy™ device be repaired by using new parts?
The batteries are new. Since the Cricut Gypsy™ device is no longer being manufactured we will not be able to use new parts when making repairs. Parts will be obtained from Cricut Gypsy™ devices that have been returned under warranty.

What if I have more than one Cricut Gypsy™ device that needs to be repaired?
If you have more than one Cricut Gypsy&trade device in need of repair, place a separate order for each device. This will ensure that the serial number is tracked accurately.

Why can’t I have my Cricut Gypsy™ device shipped to a P.O. Box?
To ensure that your repaired Cricut Gypsy™ device remains safe, we require a signature at the time of delivery. This is not possible when shipping to a P.O. Box.

Do you offer this repair service outside the United States?

Currently, these repair service options are only available in the United States.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:19:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

xcountrymom on 5/1/2013(UTC)
Calmom Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:33:23 PM(UTC)
Calmom

I think the fees are a little high for Repairs.

The Repair for Black Screen/Blue Light is often caused by Updating and not the Customers fault. I had to have my Gypsy replaced a couple of years ago because one of the Updates destroyed the Gypsy Programming. PC was very kind to replace it Free of Charge considering I had it since HSN Launch but it was PC's fault and I would of been extremely mad if I had to pay for a repair that PC caused.

I LOVE my Gypsy and use it ALL the time for cutting but I'm not sure it would be worth $70 to repair and only have a 90 day repair.

PC use to repair our Gypsy free of charge. Is there that many Gypsy that are NOW requiring repairs? Is this why PC NOW wants to charge? I believe that PC is using parts from returned Gypsys. since it has been discontinued for quite some time, I'm guessing over 2 years, so other then labor, PC is not out any money of parts.

PC has made some mistakes along the way but I really think discontinuing the Gypsy or not designing a New Gypsy, is a huge mistake. I understand that PC's long term goal is to have ALL customers use CCR but CCR is not for all, whether it is a customer refusing to use CCR, no Internet available, no computer or have the convenience to take your Gypsy anywhere you go.

Since PC is refusing to continue manufacturing the Gypsy then I would at least like to see the CCR work on IPads, this would help with those who love their Gypsy.

Sorry, I didn't mean to high jack your Topic.

3 users thanked Calmom for this useful post.
xcountrymom on 5/1/2013(UTC), kish73 on 5/2/2013(UTC), CindyAdamson on 5/2/2013(UTC)
xcountrymom Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 2:39:19 AM(UTC)
xcountrymom

I think the fees are a little high for Repairs.

The Repair for Black Screen/Blue Light is often caused by Updating and not the Customers fault. I had to have my Gypsy replaced a couple of years ago because one of the Updates destroyed the Gypsy Programming. PC was very kind to replace it Free of Charge considering I had it since HSN Launch but it was PC's fault and I would of been extremely mad if I had to pay for a repair that PC caused.

I LOVE my Gypsy and use it ALL the time for cutting but I'm not sure it would be worth $70 to repair and only have a 90 day repair.

PC use to repair our Gypsy free of charge. Is there that many Gypsy that are NOW requiring repairs? Is this why PC NOW wants to charge? I believe that PC is using parts from returned Gypsys. since it has been discontinued for quite some time, I'm guessing over 2 years, so other then labor, PC is not out any money of parts.

PC has made some mistakes along the way but I really think discontinuing the Gypsy or not designing a New Gypsy, is a huge mistake. I understand that PC's long term goal is to have ALL customers use CCR but CCR is not for all, whether it is a customer refusing to use CCR, no Internet available, no computer or have the convenience to take your Gypsy anywhere you go.

Since PC is refusing to continue manufacturing the Gypsy then I would at least like to see the CCR work on IPads, this would help with those who love their Gypsy.

Sorry, I didn't mean to high jack your Topic.

No need to apologize for hijacking my post I feel the exact same way thinking they are charging for something that is a defect in their machine which was why I wasn't sure I wanted to fix it. Mine died because my dear hubby had went through multiple surgeries and I was unable to craft by the time I was able to my Gypsy had died from lack of use! I couldn't believe it was a known thing that it would die from lack of use!!! But I never made a cut without it and miss it dearly and since they discontinued them they have me over a barrel because I have soooooooo much money invested in my machines and carts and do not want to have to be connected to the Internet so I have no interest in craft room. I am with you and would love an IPad app that would be great!
 1 user thanked xcountrymom for this useful post.
kish73 on 5/2/2013(UTC)
ellamap Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 6:32:24 PM(UTC)
ellamap

Was thanked: 363 time(s) in 197 post(s)
I know it has been said that lack of use causes the black screen, blue light. But I used mine all the time and it died. It didn't die all at once. I got it to turn on maybe three times after the first black screen. Then, it completely died. And it wasn't an update because then I would have been very upset. Of course, I wasn't happy but I was lucky enough to have the points to get one in rewards.
 1 user thanked ellamap for this useful post.
xcountrymom on 5/2/2013(UTC)
Calmom Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 12:34:07 AM(UTC)
Calmom

Originally Posted by: xcountrymom Go to Quoted Post
No need to apologize for hijacking my post I feel the exact same way thinking they are charging for something that is a defect in their machine which was why I wasn't sure I wanted to fix it. Mine died because my dear hubby had went through multiple surgeries and I was unable to craft by the time I was able to my Gypsy had died from lack of use! I couldn't believe it was a known thing that it would die from lack of use!!! But I never made a cut without it and miss it dearly and since they discontinued them they have me over a barrel because I have soooooooo much money invested in my machines and carts and do not want to have to be connected to the Internet so I have no interest in craft room. I am with you and would love an IPad app that would be great!

This is what I consider PC PROBLEM & THEIR RESPONSIBILITY. How stupid is it that a machine doesn't work due to a lack of use? I have heard from over use but NEVER lack of use, for ANY electronic machine.

I would argue with PC on that problem, make THEM prove WHY it would be YOUR fault, that THEIR Machine, dies to a lack of use. I would DEMAND they repair it FREE of CHARGE.

Sorry, but what's fair is fair and PC needs to take responsibility for a faulty action on their machine that they manufactured. I really think that PC customers have been to easy to accept PC excuses, especially when it is Nonsense.

xcountrymom on 5/2/2013(UTC)
xcountrymom Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 1:54:59 AM(UTC)
xcountrymom

This is what I consider PC PROBLEM & THEIR RESPONSIBILITY. How stupid is it that a machine doesn't work due to a lack of use? I have heard from over use but NEVER lack of use, for ANY electronic machine.

I would argue with PC on that problem, make THEM prove WHY it would be YOUR fault, that THEIR Machine, dies to a lack of use. I would DEMAND they repair it FREE of CHARGE.

Sorry, but what's fair is fair and PC needs to take responsibility for a faulty action on their machine that they manufactured. I really think that PC customers have been to easy to accept PC excuses, especially when it is Nonsense.

Well to be honest after I had read about everyone else not having much success with getting theirs fixed I never even bothered to try. I just figured it wasn't worth my frustration to call only to find that because I was out of warranty I was out of luck. I actually had considered selling off my expression, baby cricut, my broken G because apparently I can't sell my carts without the G because they are all linked, and all my carts and purchase another machine when this announcement about the fixing came on the boards. However, I have sooooooooo much invested into these machines and carts I would loose gobs of money doing so, which was why I had decided to get mine in for repair (well I will next month as soon as I get my son graduated and have a little more time to do everything I need to do!). I totally agree that PC needs to take responsibility and own up to their known problems with the G and fix them with no charge to the customer it's not our fault that they have a machine with built in problems! When a car has a known problem the car manufacturer fixes that problem and for free! They don't make the customer feel like they are getting lucky by having to pay to fix a problem they caused in the first place!!! And the idea that it quit working because I had to let it sit is utterly preposterous. Just because I put it in its original box and put that box into a plastic bin and sat it high on a shelf in my closet where it would not get harmed in any way, to sit while I took care of hubby pretty much 24/7 for the last year and a half or so, I now have a broken G. Doesn't quite seem right does it? My garmin that I use for running also sat during that time and when I started running a couple of months ago it started right up without a hitch as I expected it to thank goodness! I just expected better quality for the amount of money I put out in my G and it really bums me out that I have to spend more to fix it. Plus it's only a 90 day warranty after they fix it, with used parts no less, so what happens if it does it again after the 90 days are up? As you can tell I'm not a happy camper over the whole situation. Sad
 2 users thanked xcountrymom for this useful post.
kish73 on 5/2/2013(UTC), Crazyscraper on 5/2/2013(UTC)