Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

scrapinmom66 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 4:51:34 AM(UTC)
scrapinmom66

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 431
Location: NJ

Thanks: 21 times
Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Can I put ccr on more than one computer? I have it on a laptop but it would be more convenient if it was also on my desktop which is closer to my work area.
Bugsy2 Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 5:00:58 AM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/25/2012(UTC)
Posts: 742

Thanks: 149 times
Was thanked: 442 time(s) in 312 post(s)
I have CCR on all three of my laptops.
birkstu56 Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 5:07:17 AM(UTC)
birkstu56

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/13/2012(UTC)
Posts: 25

Thanks: 11 times
Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I am sure that someone will be able to answer this question in a "for sure" way, but I have loaded it on both my desktop computer and on my mini laptop. I used the same passwords for both. I have not tried to cut with either as I love, love, love my Gypsy.
lyndisan Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:18:50 AM(UTC)
lyndisan

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/4/2010(UTC)
Posts: 112
United States
Location: Hermitage, Tennessee

Thanks: 186 times
Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I am wondering if I can access CCR from my computer at work to play with on my lunch hour if I have CCR on my home computer. I also wonder what happens when I replace my home computer with a new one.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
JeanP Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:34:51 AM(UTC)
JeanP

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/26/2008(UTC)
Posts: 4,494
United States
Location: Southern RI MQ Pg4 #111

Thanks: 1256 times
Was thanked: 740 time(s) in 622 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lyndisan Go to Quoted Post
I am wondering if I can access CCR from my computer at work to play with on my lunch hour if I have CCR on my home computer. I also wonder what happens when I replace my home computer with a new one.

Thanks for any help you can give me.


My understandng is that CCR is Web based so it can be downloaded on any computer.
 1 user thanked JeanP for this useful post.
lyndisan on 5/30/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:47:05 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 14,181
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 16952 times
Was thanked: 7623 time(s) in 4464 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
My understandng is that CCR is Web based so it can be downloaded on any computer.


CCR is Web-based for those who don't download the actual software to their computers to have the option to CUT their designs. The Web-based Version is for CREATING only from the cricut.com website. You can CREATE and you can also peruse the site for using the library to look up images and you can just PLAY on the mats and learn how to use the program before you download to your computers. The Web-based also allows you to go to your projects you create on the Web-based AND your PC Version you download to your own computers on ALL computers you want to look up your projects on and to which you have access. In other words, if you are visiting your kids 2000 miles away and using their computer, you'll be able to go to your cricut.com account and work in your projects. You just won't be able to CUT from their computers.

We are supposed to be only able to download the FREE software that we want to CUT from to TWO computers. The OP who said she has it on three laptops surprises me. I don't know how that could be, unless one or all three of her computers use three different usernames with cricut.com with three or two different internet accounts. If she does have them all on the same account.....well, I don't think that's possible.

So, the answer to scrapinmom 66 is YES. This is assuming both your laptop and your PC is on the same account using the same username and password with Cricut.com.

IF ANYONE is contemplating downloading to a third computer after seeing that the OP has done this, I would call PC first before I tried to do that if you already have the software on two of your computers. In my thinking, if you do that you might run the risk of getting kicked out of your other two accounts and not be able to use any of them until you get it straightened out with PC. I might be wrong....maybe she has some special permission to do this. I'm not trying to judge her.

Char

Edited by user Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:47:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
scrapinmom66 on 4/24/2013(UTC)
Narelle Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:50:47 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 9/26/2006(UTC)
Posts: 10,701
Australia
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Thanks: 1987 times
Was thanked: 7622 time(s) in 3558 post(s)
You can download the desktop version of CCR to as many computers as you want. However you can only cut from two of those computers.

If you try and cut from a third or subsequent computer (assuming you are logging in with the same email address) you will see a message box telling you that your computer doesn't have cutting access.

If you want to change which computers you want to cut from just give PC a call and they can reset your cutting authorisations. Smile
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/24/2013(UTC)
Bugsy2 Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:07:37 PM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/25/2012(UTC)
Posts: 742

Thanks: 149 times
Was thanked: 442 time(s) in 312 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
CCR is Web-based for those who don't download the actual software to their computers to have the option to CUT their designs. The Web-based Version is for CREATING only from the cricut.com website. You can CREATE and you can also peruse the site for using the library to look up images and you can just PLAY on the mats and learn how to use the program before you download to your computers. The Web-based also allows you to go to your projects you create on the Web-based AND your PC Version you download to your own computers on ALL computers you want to look up your projects on and to which you have access. In other words, if you are visiting your kids 2000 miles away and using their computer, you'll be able to go to your cricut.com account and work in your projects. You just won't be able to CUT from their computers.

We are supposed to be only able to download the FREE software that we want to CUT from to TWO computers. The OP who said she has it on three laptops surprises me. I don't know how that could be, unless one or all three of her computers use three different usernames with cricut.com with three or two different internet accounts. If she does have them all on the same account.....well, I don't think that's possible.

So, the answer to scrapinmom 66 is YES. This is assuming both your laptop and your PC is on the same account using the same username and password with Cricut.com.

IF ANYONE is contemplating downloading to a third computer after seeing that the OP has done this, I would call PC first before I tried to do that if you already have the software on two of your computers. In my thinking, if you do that you might run the risk of getting kicked out of your other two accounts and not be able to use any of them until you get it straightened out with PC. I might be wrong....maybe she has some special permission to do this. I'm not trying to judge her.

Char


I do have CCR downloaded on three computers. Initially it was just two..one was a netbook that I couldn't get to cut a design no matter how hard I tried, so I just used the netbook strictly for play. The other was my old, dilapidated Dell that worked like a charm, but the lid is broken and won't close! I really needed an upgrade. I bought a new computer in January. Yesterday I finally downloaded CCR onto my new laptop...blew away my previous cutting rights to allow this one to cut.. and it doesn't work. D'OH

 1 user thanked Bugsy2 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/24/2013(UTC)
AuntieKLE Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:36:05 PM(UTC)
AuntieKLE

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/30/2008(UTC)
Posts: 494

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 145 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Bugsy2 Go to Quoted Post
I do have CCR downloaded on three computers. Initially it was just two..one was a netbook that I couldn't get to cut a design no matter how hard I tried, so I just used the netbook strictly for play. The other was my old, dilapidated Dell that worked like a charm, but the lid is broken and won't close! I really needed an upgrade. I bought a new computer in January. Yesterday I finally downloaded CCR onto my new laptop...blew away my previous cutting rights to allow this one to cut.. and it doesn't work. D'OH



You need to call PC so they can give your new computer access to cut with in CCR.
It is something PC has to do on their end.

Contact Us

Cricut® support hours

Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. (MST)
Cricut® support: 801-932-1144
toll-free service phone: 877-7CRICUT
email: support@Cricut.com
fax: 801-794-9001

HTH

 1 user thanked AuntieKLE for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/24/2013(UTC)
Bugsy2 Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 3:59:11 PM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/25/2012(UTC)
Posts: 742

Thanks: 149 times
Was thanked: 442 time(s) in 312 post(s)
I now have a new problem. Called PC...thought I had everything straightened out...but I still can't cut. It won't even load the mat. I tried updating the driver, but it says that I already have the best available driver. I'm ready to toss all my machines.Sad
CricketCMV Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:29:35 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 14,181
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 16952 times
Was thanked: 7623 time(s) in 4464 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
You can download the desktop version of CCR to as many computers as you want. However you can only cut from two of those computers.

If you try and cut from a third or subsequent computer (assuming you are logging in with the same email address) you will see a message box telling you that your computer doesn't have cutting access.

If you want to change which computers you want to cut from just give PC a call and they can reset your cutting authorisations. Smile


Oh....okay, I've never read that or heard you could download to as many as long as you only cut from TWO. Thanks for letting us know, Narelle? Do you remember where you got this information? I'm not doubting you; just can't remember ever seeing anything about it. I'll try to find it. I DO APPRECIATE your letting us know, though.

So, I STAND CORRECTED, EVERYONE!

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:31:18 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 14,181
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 16952 times
Was thanked: 7623 time(s) in 4464 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Bugsy2 Go to Quoted Post
I do have CCR downloaded on three computers. Initially it was just two..one was a netbook that I couldn't get to cut a design no matter how hard I tried, so I just used the netbook strictly for play. The other was my old, dilapidated Dell that worked like a charm, but the lid is broken and won't close! I really needed an upgrade. I bought a new computer in January. Yesterday I finally downloaded CCR onto my new laptop...blew away my previous cutting rights to allow this one to cut.. and it doesn't work. D'OH



Okay.....so, from what Narelle told us above, you should be okay with your other two computers. Sorry I gave some wrong information.

So, I'm thinking if you would call PC and let them know about your "dilapidated Dell", they will help you get cutting rights to your new downloaded version on your new laptop.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:32:23 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 14,181
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 16952 times
Was thanked: 7623 time(s) in 4464 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AuntieKLE Go to Quoted Post
You need to call PC so they can give your new computer access to cut with in CCR.
It is something PC has to do on their end.

Contact Us

Cricut® support hours

Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. (MST)
Cricut® support: 801-932-1144
toll-free service phone: 877-7CRICUT
email: support@Cricut.com
fax: 801-794-9001

HTH



Sorry, I know I should read all the posts....but, I tend to answer as I go. Sorry to repeat this. I'm glad you feel she needs to do this, too.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:35:32 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 14,181
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 16952 times
Was thanked: 7623 time(s) in 4464 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Bugsy2 Go to Quoted Post
I now have a new problem. Called PC...thought I had everything straightened out...but I still can't cut. It won't even load the mat. I tried updating the driver, but it says that I already have the best available driver. I'm ready to toss all my machines.Sad


Did you try just unplugging everything.....CRICUT from computer and DELETING BROWSING HISTORY in your computer (go to TOOLS in top menus while on the internet), powering down your computer and turning off the power strip (or unplugging from wall, if you don't use a strip) and REBOOTING your computer? After rebooting, go ahead and plug the CRICUT back into the USB Port on your hard drive of your computer and turn it on. Go back into CCR and see if that changes anything for you?

I don't think it can hurt to try it; even if it doesn't work. It might.

Char
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.851 seconds.
nebo-cricut-02