Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

PeggyT. Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 4:44:39 AM(UTC)
PeggyT.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 2530 time(s) in 1191 post(s)
I was working in CCR the other day and needed more than one layer of the same image. I group them and copied them. I added the new mat and tried to paste them but they didn't paste on the new one. Is there a way to do this?
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:35:42 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7593 time(s) in 4446 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PeggyT. Go to Quoted Post
I was working in CCR the other day and needed more than one layer of the same image. I group them and copied them. I added the new mat and tried to paste them but they didn't paste on the new one. Is there a way to do this?

PASTE does work, but why don't you just open the new mat and place your second image on the second mat layer and then work with both images at the same time.

To work with both mat layers (or as many mat layers as you want to work with all the images together), open the green eyes on all the mat layers you want to show. Now, you can click on each image and move it over to the other images as you want to.

If you want to resize all those images together, click on the outside of the most upper left space outside the first image to the upper left and holding the click down, DRAG the mouse all the way to the lower right corner of all the mat layers/images you want to resize. This will put the handles/box around all the layers you want to work with at the same time.

With the handles/box still around all those layers, left click in the lower right circle (at the corner) and holding the left click down, DRAG that circle in and out to resize all the mat layers/images proportionally together at the same time.

NOW....PASTE works like this most of the time for me. Sometimes, I have to do it twice before it works. I think this is because once I do the COPY, maybe I didn't wait five or six seconds for CCR to catch up with my command and I try to PASTE too soon. BUT, you open the green eyes on the mat layer you want to move from and move to (two green eyes). Close all other green eyes on other mat layers. NOW, right click inside the image to bring up your COPY command. Go up and turn the green arrow off on that mat layer (be sure you know which mat layer you just copied from) and go over to the other green eye and left click once or twice on the description area next to the green eye until it turns white. NEXT, go down to the mat area and right click to PASTE.

I ALWAYS USE COPY rather than CUT, for the fact sometimes the PASTE doesn't work right away and your image is then lost. I suppose if you lost it you could do the UNDO to bring it back; sometimes, I'm not thinking that fast before I just go back and start over.

HTH. Hope I didn't give you too much info here.

Char
Olivia'sNana Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:48:43 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 770 time(s) in 348 post(s)
Peggy, It sounds like you may not have had the new mat layer the active layer when you pasted . Make sure after you click on the image or group of images that you want copied, after you click copy, click on the tab of the layer you are wanting them copied to to make it the active layer. (The active layer tab will turn a lighter gray). Then paste onto the new layer (lighter gray tab). It sounds like because you still had the first layer active, you were pasting right back on the first layer rather than the new layer.