Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Scrapbooknut2002 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 2:09:15 PM(UTC)
Scrapbooknut2002

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 108 post(s)
So, i did the update. As I posted on another thread, my Gypsy is no longer working. It took more than 2 hours to do what it was doing. Then it just froze. I try to turn it on, it comes on, says it is loading for about 5 seconds, then just turns off. I charged it all night and called CS this morning. They had me start a reformat. It wouldn't even begin the reformat. I called CS 30 minutes later to tell them it wouldn't start the reformat. They had me switch usb ports. That didn't work. At that point they told me that my Gypsy was out of warranty and there wasn't really anything they could do without having the Gypsy in front of them. They did offer to look at it. I would have to pay shipping to and from Provo Craft. She suggested it was the battery. When I told her it worked just fine before the update she said she would just need to look at it.

I appreciated that they would look at it, but it is expensive to ship things back and forth. And then there is no guarantee that they could fix it or what the cost would be. I gotta say I am super disappointed. I had a ready, working and able Gypsy before this update and now it is a paper weight. And while I know software changes, I am sad I won't have my Gypsy anymore. I am not a big fan of CCR and probable won't use it much.

I am not trying to pick on PC. I am just relating my personal experience with this update. I want others to know and be able to make an informed choice on whether they want to update or not.
 1 user thanked Scrapbooknut2002 for this useful post.
BJR on 4/18/2013(UTC)
LindainWA Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 4:01:25 PM(UTC)
LindainWA

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 941 time(s) in 551 post(s)
How old is your Gypsy? I bought mine about 3 mos after they came out and it works great so I am really leery of doing the linking. I updated it just fine but what if linking to CCR destroys it??

Hoping the CS can fix it.
Sherri Kay Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 4:24:33 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2314 time(s) in 2072 post(s)
Mine was doing that too. Turn on for about 5 seconds, then shut off. What happened was when the drivers were trying to download, something happened. So that's why I did the format and restore. Did you hold down the bottom button on the left and the button on the right and hit the start button? Mine worked doing this. Try it again. It took a few tries and my format and restore continued and everything is now working great. BigGrin
 1 user thanked Sherri Kay for this useful post.
~AmyS~ on 4/19/2013(UTC)
tugglem Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:10:46 PM(UTC)
tugglem

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 215 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sherri Kay Go to Quoted Post
Mine was doing that too. Turn on for about 5 seconds, then shut off. What happened was when the drivers were trying to download, something happened. So that's why I did the format and restore. Did you hold down the bottom button on the left and the button on the right and hit the start button? Mine worked doing this. Try it again. It took a few tries and my format and restore continued and everything is now working great. BigGrin

I had to format and restore, too! It took three attempts, but it finally worked!!!
Delia Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 8:53:12 PM(UTC)
Delia

Australia

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
That happened to mine to when I did the update, I have never had trouble before. Format it and it will be new again, but unfortunately for me I lost all my own files.BigGrin
MultiCrafter Amy Online
#6 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 5:30:59 AM(UTC)
MultiCrafter Amy

United States

Was thanked: 10657 time(s) in 1916 post(s)
Does anyone think it may help to erase a bunch of files before hand. I know there are files I need to be erasing. I figure maybe if I get it cleaned up beforehand it might go smoother.
CricketCMV Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 8:19:12 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 7603 time(s) in 4452 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MultiCrafter Amy Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone think it may help to erase a bunch of files before hand. I know there are files I need to be erasing. I figure maybe if I get it cleaned up beforehand it might go smoother.

That is always a good idea; can't hurt anything and it may make the transition quicker and smoother.

Char
jocrscd27b894 Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 7:24:04 PM(UTC)
jocrscd27b894

my Gypsy it would turn off after 5 seconds. It happen just I was updating.do they have a virus o what is this happening?