Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

~*`AMBER`*~ Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 1:05:35 PM(UTC)
~*`AMBER`*~

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Hi Everyone!

My daughters birthday is just right around the corner and we discussed a theme for her party. So she decided on Harry Potter theme. HP is HUGE in our home. So I want to make my own invites and goodies bags and such. I really need some ideas and if anyone knows of any blogs. I have a nice collection of carts. I do own the EDPD and PDDU. I just need some ideas- ALL are welcome...

Thanks in advance.
AmberBigGrin
jacksmomma Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 2:03:39 PM(UTC)
jacksmomma

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The new Happy Haunts cart has a very Harry Potter-esque font. That same cart also has a witch's hat that could be cut with brown and distressed to be the sorting hat. Be sure to post whatever you create!
ksderby Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 2:25:21 PM(UTC)
ksderby

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 50 post(s)
what about making the main characters using Paper Dolls.

You could also make a train from Heritage which has the look of the train they take to school. You could make that very large and use it for a bean bag toss type of game (or just decorations).

I would think about sorting hat goody bags.

Invites with owls and shaped like a scroll.

DanaTarver Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 2:29:57 PM(UTC)
DanaTarver

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 32 post(s)
....a potion bottle made from acetate with a "spell" scroll rolled up inside with the party information on it. I saw something similar done like a ship in a bottle that turned out fabulous.
~*`AMBER`*~ Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 4:43:14 PM(UTC)
~*`AMBER`*~

Thank you SOOOOOOO much for the idea's. My gears are working now..lol - If you have any other ideas PLEASE share.... Once I have projects made and things done I will post here and on my blog.

Thanks so muchBigGrin
MsJaay Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 4:54:46 PM(UTC)
MsJaay

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 65 post(s)
Paper Phenomenon has a witch hat treat box, maybe you can use that for treat holders.
greenbean Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 4:59:41 PM(UTC)
greenbean

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 2223 time(s) in 1014 post(s)
you so gotta do an owl for the invite!...that's how it's delivered in the wizarding world!...

for favors...you could do jelly beans...for the bernie botts...and look at these freaking adorable witches brooms favor baggies!...

http://www.marthastewart...ood-thing/flyaway-favors

1 user thanked greenbean for this useful post.
Duranasaur on 10/1/2010(UTC)
~*`AMBER`*~ Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 5:08:01 PM(UTC)
~*`AMBER`*~

Hi GreenBean!

Oh My GOSH! those brooms are FREAKING adorable... definatly will use those... I was leaning toward the owl too as you stated that is how they received their mail and parcels...woohoo.. Thanks so much for the ideas!!!

you all are AWESOME!!!BigGrin
~*`AMBER`*~ Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 12:45:18 PM(UTC)
~*`AMBER`*~

Thank you so much again ladies for your awesome ideas... You all are just awesome.. Thank you... I love this board....
RebeccaBrindle Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:41:37 PM(UTC)
RebeccaBrindle

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I was in a grocery store the other day (King Soopers here in the West, Kroger elsewhere) and saw Harry Potter themed Silly Bands in the Halloween section. Not sure of your daughter's age but my husband is a middle school teacher and HATES the things because they are so popular (i.e. the kids will love them!). Might be nice in the favors.
jdandi Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 6:22:10 AM(UTC)
jdandi

Was thanked: 137 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Remember you said ALL ideas are Welcome.

You can use Indie Art to Make a Griffindor House Crest or other house Crest especially if you have DS or the other welding devise and program.

No Cricut required but you can make wands. My kids Love to make wands. Let your kids pick some tree banches in the size they want their wand. Wash all the dirt and loose tree bark off. Let dry over night. Cut off any points if happens to have some. Sand a little bit. Take masking tape (natural color works best) and wrap it at the bottom. It gives the wand a nice weight and fills good in the kids hands. Then you can spray paint them. I usually spray paint them white. Then my kids go back over and paint them whatever color they want. We have had gold, brown, black, metallic green, pink and glitter wands. I bet all your party guest would love to have their own wands and it will cost you very little out of pocket.

Be sure to make a shorting hat. You can sort the children into houses. Put the sorting hat on them say some of their good qualities and then let them draw a piece of paper out of a bowl to see what house they are sorted in. Say you have 12 at the party, put 3 of each house in.

After they are sorted in the house you can send them on a quest while divided in their houses. First one to finish the quest wins the house cup. For the quest you can use Bag Tag and Boxes and More and make libray card type cuts and write clues on each one leading to the next clue, then the next and so on until it leads to the house cup. For the house cup you can make a pull can top. My kids personally LOVE doing the follow the clued to a pull can top. A chunky soup can pull top will probably work best or maybe you want to do enough so everyone on the winning house gets their own pull top can. Then you can use a small fruit can. The Walmart fruit has a good can for this Here is one on my blog.
http://dtsartblog.blogsp...upcake-pull-top-can.html
of course you will want to decorate yours Harry Potter-ish. LOL If you need help with clues give me a shout. I can't say mine are wonderful but I do it pretty often so I might be able to give you some ideas. My kids the youngest is 10 oldest is 16 LOVE when I do this.

You can also put Bertie Bott's Every Flavored bean in their goodie bags.
They can be kind of spendy so you can get small mini packs of Jelly Belly bean from Oriental Trading Co 3 dozen for $12.99. Also at OT website you can purchase little Broom Pens. They come with FREE personalization. They are $8.99 a dozen. You could also make some mini altered notebooks. You can get 6 or so at any office supply store for about $3

You can get mailing labels and decorate them in word or what ever program you like and put them on candy like hershey's nuggets, or round lables on kisses. etc. These are always cute and easy party favors

More games you can play.
The hunt for Aragog
cook some speghetti for worms, put in some cold water and speghetti in a LARGE bowl get some small plastic spiders about 10 or so, blind fold the guest give them say 20-30 seconds using only 1 hand to find as many spiders as they can.

Another game is potions class.
Buy several different soft drinks or whatever you like, and combine them into concoctions. Have 2 houses square off against each other. Like House Gryffndor and Slyitherin. If there are 3 people on each team have 3 concoctions, be sure to write it down so YOU don't forget what each concoction has in it. Then Gryffndor says I can identify the potion in 5 sips. Slytherin says I can identify this potion in 2 sips. Gryffndor says name that potion. Either Slytherin can do it in 2 sips or if they can't then Gryffndor gets a chance in 5 sips. If G can't do it in 5 sips then house point goes to Slytherin. Then you have the other 2 remaining houses square off against each other. Then at the 2 winning houses square off against each other for the ultimate winning house.
There are so many drinks you can buy now, orange, cherry, strawberry, sprint,coke, mountain dew, dr pepper. etc
I would have all the different soda that I used out and lined up so they could narrow their choices. You can also opt to tell them that there is 4 different ingredients in this potion too.

If it is possible to go outside you can have Harry Potter Flu races. Kind of messy but kids love it. Divide into teams either by house or just 2 teams. You blind fold and seat 1 member from each team. Each active team member runs up to the seated person and stands about 2 feet from the blinded team member, kind of close but not so close they can touch. The blind folded seated team member tosses flour from a cup, or if it is hot out water, to the team member that ran up to them that holds a bowl. The team member tries to catch as much floo powder in their bowl as possible. Give them 1-3 try per team member. The team member runs back and puts the floo powder in their cauldron then passes it to the next team member and they do the same. The team that collects the most floo powder wins. If you do this game I would have the kids bring a change a clothes to play this game.

Good luck with your party. With a Cricut and ideas your party will turn out AWESOME. Mine are always successful.
jdandi Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 6:27:59 AM(UTC)
jdandi

Was thanked: 137 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Here are the jelly belly
http://tinyurl.com/33aalg2

personalized broom pens
http://tinyurl.com/2w8jeuo
Duranasaur Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 7:26:16 AM(UTC)
Duranasaur

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 133 post(s)
greenbean wrote:

for favors...you could do jelly beans...for the bernie botts...and look at these freaking adorable witches brooms favor baggies!...

http://www.marthastewart...ood-thing/flyaway-favors

This is great! Thanks for the link!