Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Scrappy_Vee Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 9:05:38 PM(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 235 time(s) in 157 post(s)
I have spent the whole day on the message boards. No house work done. No crafting done. I've just enough time to pick my kids up from school, buy takeaways for dinner LOL and go to work.

Blushing Blushing Blushing

I have no excuses, I have been very lazy indeed. Please tell me I'm not alone. You've all done it. Right?
 1 user thanked Scrappy_Vee for this useful post.
rhondah* on 4/12/2013(UTC)
Jooniper Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 9:24:18 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 809 time(s) in 583 post(s)
I do it every day. I spent my entire afternoon and evening on here, youtube, and facebook. Blushing LOL
 1 user thanked Jooniper for this useful post.
Scrappy_Vee on 4/12/2013(UTC)
~JD~ Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 9:39:51 PM(UTC)
~JD~

United States

Was thanked: 1155 time(s) in 897 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrappy_Vee Go to Quoted Post
I have spent the whole day on the message boards. No house work done. No crafting done. I've just enough time to pick my kids up from school, buy takeaways for dinner LOL and go to work.

Blushing Blushing Blushing

I have no excuses, I have been very lazy indeed. Please tell me I'm not alone. You've all done it. Right?

I've done it too many times....Luckily my daughter & SIL & 2 beautiful DGD's live right around the corner from me, so I go over to their place often. Love
 1 user thanked ~JD~ for this useful post.
Scrappy_Vee Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 1:24:53 AM(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee

New Zealand

Was thanked: 235 time(s) in 157 post(s)
I've just walked through the door from work and straight on the message board again.

My hubby is a little curious so I have shown him the posts of the day. He looks amused & stunned. The look just does not suit him LOL

Have a great weekend all.
rhondah* Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 7:45:36 AM(UTC)
rhondah*

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 12362 time(s) in 8253 post(s)
I've done it many times. Especially on weekends....then I get mad at myself for not getting any projects finished!LOL LOL LOL
 1 user thanked rhondah* for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 11:47:20 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7594 time(s) in 4447 post(s)
I think it depends what "era" of your life you are in...maybe I said that wrong.

When we were younger and raising our kids (when I was a SAHM for about nine years), I would while away many hours doing what I didn't necessarily need to be doing just to keep from doing what I absolutely had to get done in a given day. THEN, when I realized I had little time to "catch up", I would "catch up" in an unusually short time just in the nick of time! LOL. We didn't have computers then....we didn't have them until our kids graduated from college after 1996. So, there were other things to "take me away" from the daily tasks we do in our homes. When I worked fulltime, though, there was little time for "whiling away my time". I had to make every minute count, then.

I think it's very natural, really. You probably do get done what you absolutely have to get done in any given day. So what if it needed done today but you don't get it done until tomorrow. Some things can be shirked off in that way.

As long as you are not HURTING anyone else by what you're doing, I don't think it's all bad. Sometimes you just need some down time and your mind and body usually know it before you do.

Don't be too hard on yourself.

Now, at 69 and retired since 2005......I do what I want to do when I want to do it. I keep a fairly clean atmosphere in our home on a daily basis...but, I don't clean all day long. Everything gets picked up 95% of the time.....there is that 5% of the time (daily/weekly/monthly) that I allow a few things to pile up here and there. BUT, it always gets taken care of timely....and would only take ten or fifteen minutes to take care of at any given moment...throughout my home. We do some volunteer stuff outside our home....but, I keep this to a minimum and choose when I want to volunteer for anything over and above that.

BUT I STILL MANAGE TO FIND PLENTY OF TIME TO GO TO THE INTERNET (mostly email, FB and here) during the day. Sometimes there are a few days or weeks I can't come here....but, not very often. IT'S MY REWARD for keeping up with everything else in our lives. I love it. I still get the things done to keep sanity in our lives in our home. That is important to me.

I think we all have our different needs and we can't live other peoples' lives.....we just have to live our own. As long as we're happy and make others happy, I think you can do things the way you want to do them.

Char

Edited by user Friday, April 12, 2013 11:50:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
JudiLuvz2CutPaper on 4/12/2013(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 12:04:18 PM(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully

Was thanked: 799 time(s) in 449 post(s)
Okay, I'm only going to spend an hour on the computer today... I have 117 emails to clear... then I'll just check the MB to see if there are any birthdays...

Five hours later, here I are....still!LOL LOL LOL
 2 users thanked NotGoingGreyGracefully for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/12/2013(UTC), Scrappy_Vee on 4/12/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 12:26:50 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: NotGoingGreyGracefully Go to Quoted Post
Okay, I'm only going to spend an hour on the computer today... I have 117 emails to clear... then I'll just check the MB to see if there are any birthdays...

Five hours later, here I are....still!LOL LOL LOL

Are you hurting anyone? LOL! - Char
NotGoingGreyGracefully Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 12:34:29 PM(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully

Was thanked: 799 time(s) in 449 post(s)
Maybe life will change when we get our new puppy..... DH has decided he wants to rescue a baby dog, less than a year old (pref. only a few months old), but he seems to have forgotten that I'M the one who will be home with her all day, to teach potty training, and what not to chew on, and all that good stuff........LOL LOL LOL
MultiCrafter Amy Online
#10 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 5:40:43 PM(UTC)
MultiCrafter Amy

United States

Was thanked: 10532 time(s) in 1890 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NotGoingGreyGracefully Go to Quoted Post
Maybe life will change when we get our new puppy..... DH has decided he wants to rescue a baby dog, less than a year old (pref. only a few months old), but he seems to have forgotten that I'M the one who will be home with her all day, to teach potty training, and what not to chew on, and all that good stuff........LOL LOL LOL

I was just telling hubby I would like a new dog sometime in the future. We have not had any for a few years. I just missed my fur babies that I had so much and a new puppy is lots of work. When I do decide to get a new fur baby, I hope I will be able to train him hold a dog biscuit on his nose until I count to three and say go! Then he will flip it into the air and catch it. I was able to train one of my dogs to do that before. He was a smart dog. I trained him to not even take his treats until I said he could. He would drool and give them a good stare down till I said go. I could even walk out of the room and he obeyed. I miss him. The guinea pig is enough pet for now though.
dorichatelain44314a80 Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 6:14:15 PM(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Cricket, I agree with you... don't feel bad about what you do all day if it doesn't hurt anybody else.

I spent most of the day today putting bookmarks together. I have a few more to go and I will have them all completed.

I used to spend my day doing too many things and worrying about too many people. I decided I was going to start doing what I felt needed to be done or what I wanted to do on any given day. I don't worry about that many people any more. I used to make my house spotless. but I found myself always cleaning. I cleaned more when I didn't have anything else to do and I was finding myself getting mad at my family when they would come home and live. because they would mess up what I had spent all day cleaning. so now I clean a room a day and if I miss a day then I don't worry.

1 user thanked dorichatelain44314a80 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/12/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 7:30:44 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: dorichatelain44314a80 Go to Quoted Post
Cricket, I agree with you... don't feel bad about what you do all day if it doesn't hurt anybody else.

I spent most of the day today putting bookmarks together. I have a few more to go and I will have them all completed.

I used to spend my day doing too many things and worrying about too many people. I decided I was going to start doing what I felt needed to be done or what I wanted to do on any given day. I don't worry about that many people any more. I used to make my house spotless. but I found myself always cleaning. I cleaned more when I didn't have anything else to do and I was finding myself getting mad at my family when they would come home and live. because they would mess up what I had spent all day cleaning. so now I clean a room a day and if I miss a day then I don't worry.

That's what I'm talking about! You got it!!

Char
MJ Scrapper Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 8:45:16 PM(UTC)
MJ Scrapper

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 41 post(s)
My problem is I like to get on at night after my daughter is in bed, then I get sucked in and stay up way too late.
CricketCMV Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:49:37 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: MJ Scrapper Go to Quoted Post
My problem is I like to get on at night after my daughter is in bed, then I get sucked in and stay up way too late.

I'm so glad there was not internet for us when our kids were growing up and I was working fulltime. I'm sure I would have gotten caught up into it AFTER the kids went to bed, too. So sorry for you. I can see where it could be a big problem. I'm sure you can't do that every night. So, you must sleep good when you really need to.

Char
joyfullycrafting Online
#15 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 9:24:55 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1392 time(s) in 1102 post(s)
I spend too much time here, too! Lucky for me, DH has his own board that he spends too much time on!!! Flapper LOL Flapper

As to a new dog, we rescued a three year old lab about six weeks ago. It has been SO NICE to avoid house training, chew training (our lovely dining room table has bite marks from our first puppy!), etc. She has been a wonderful addition to our family. Our old lab is 9 1/2 and has terrible arthritis in one of his front shoulders, poor guy.