Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
scrapsprite Offline
#31 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 6:51:07 PM(UTC)
scrapsprite

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 93 post(s)
jscraftylady wrote:
Once you go to the sellers profile and see the reviews broken down by date, just click on the negative reviews and that's all you will see.

Thanks, I didn't know that - guess it's been awhile since I've actually bought something on Ebay!Laugh
ღgennyannღ Offline
#32 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 6:57:12 PM(UTC)
ღgennyannღ

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 98 post(s)
grammasue wrote:
AFTER WAITING 29 DAYS to receive my cartridge that I won from proudparents2005, EBAY found in my favor and refunded my money. I had hoped to receive my cartridge but it appears proudparents2005 either did not respond to my complaint when Ebay contacted them or they were unwilling to send it to me. They never responded to my emails before I filed a complaint with Ebay and Paypal.

I will never buy from them again or their parent companies cricutmachine.com; happyclan or others mentioned in my original post: Ebay sellers: proudparents2005.Angry Angry Angry Mad

PS: Just left my negative feedback on Ebay and found that these folks have 102 negative feedback comments left in the last 30 days. Yesterday an individual left feedback that her products won the end of August have still not been shipped. With all their parent ebay sellers, I wonder if they will just change their name if their reputation gets so bad under proudparents2005. I will be leary of sellers with few sales by their name in the future just in case.

I'm really glad you got your money back and I don't blame you for never buying from this seller again, but there are a lot of good sellers too. I buy from memorymiser and always get good correspondence and when I buy from them I have my items within 5 days of purchase.
 1 user thanked ღgennyannღ for this useful post.
grammasue on 9/29/2010(UTC)
Ladybug0326 Offline
#33 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 7:09:18 PM(UTC)
Ladybug0326

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 66 post(s)
I'm so sorry this happened to you...I've had my run-ins with Ebay sellers in the past as well. I'm glad you got your money back!
 1 user thanked Ladybug0326 for this useful post.
grammasue on 9/29/2010(UTC)
Bijou17 Offline
#34 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 9:02:53 PM(UTC)
Bijou17

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 30 post(s)
I have just recently made my first purchases on EBAY. I did get two cartridges from Proudparents and had great service. I received my carts within just a few days. But, 100 negative reviews in a month is a lot. Right now I don't think there are any carts out there that I want (or think I "need") so I won't be buying any more. However, when I find one I want, I will think twice about who I buy it from.
jscraftylady Offline
#35 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 9:58:08 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2008 time(s) in 1090 post(s)
JanaTerpstra wrote:
They have had 14866 sales this month and 104 negative feedbacks. For those 104 buyers, yourself included, thats unexceptable. But it is less than 1%. That means that 99%+ are happy with their purchases, myself included. I will continue to purchase from them because they have great prices and so far (knock on wood)haven't had a problem. Since when is a rating of 99.5 bad? I'm not un sympathatic to you, just looking at it from a different perspective.

I actually read all 104 negative reviews. There are several people who gave glowing reviews yet they are listed as negative. There are also several people who complained about the product they received when they clearly did not read the listing. And a few of the people giving negative feedback also received negative feedback from the seller for not paying. Finally, there were several folks who gave negative feedback, claiming they had not received the item less than 10 days after they won the auction. Very enlightening!
JanaTerpstra Offline
#36 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 6:12:53 AM(UTC)
JanaTerpstra

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 100 post(s)
jscraftylady wrote:
I actually read all 104 negative reviews. There are several people who gave glowing reviews yet they are listed as negative. There are also several people who complained about the product they received when they clearly did not read the listing. And a few of the people giving negative feedback also received negative feedback from the seller for not paying. Finally, there were several folks who gave negative feedback, claiming they had not received the item less than 10 days after they won the auction. Very enlightening!

I went back and read those too. Very enlightening indeed.

Also many buyers don't realize that according to ebay rules, the seller has 30 days to ship.
grammasue Offline
#37 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 7:32:03 AM(UTC)
grammasue

Was thanked: 465 time(s) in 265 post(s)
JanaTerpstra wrote:

Also many buyers don't realize that according to ebay rules, the seller has 30 days to ship.

Sorry I am too lazy to look up Ebay rules, but I suspect they have changed them as Ebay refunded my money 21 days after I won the cartridge. I suppose too that cricutmachine.com (proudparents2005) may have responded back to them to go ahead and refund my money. Regardless of others experiences, I find it inexcusable for them to not respond to my emails or to send an email to let me know their would be a delay in shipping.

I just ordered NIfty Fifties from Terri at stampsalive@cox.net using my refund money on my paypal account. It's all good as I really really wanted this one instead of Elmos Party. I am now a happy camper on how it all turned outBigGrin
Clammdunc Offline
#38 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 7:39:16 AM(UTC)
Clammdunc

Was thanked: 274 time(s) in 251 post(s)
After having seen several complaints about them on the old MB I had bid on a cartridge and won without realizing who the seller was ( I was desperate to get this cart and kept getting outbid by .50 to 1.00). When I realized it I decided I would have to take my lumpsCrying! Fortunately I had no problems and received my cart. I'm so sorry that so many others have had problems and can't understand why Ebay hasn't canceled their membership regardless of the volume they sell. I also wonder if they are ever able to trace the fraudulent CC charges to the guilty party?
diann2000 Offline
#39 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:21:37 AM(UTC)
diann2000

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 988 time(s) in 874 post(s)
Glad to hear you got a refund. Not sure what happened with them, I recently bought 3 carts from them and had no problem.

Edited by user Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:25:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked diann2000 for this useful post.
grammasue on 9/30/2010(UTC)
Debbie10 Offline
#40 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:42:18 AM(UTC)
Debbie10

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
JanaTerpstra wrote:

Thanks for the info, I will wait the 30 days before lodging a complaint, but if this is so, then I think they should not put in their shipping info that estimated delivery would be 5-7 days business days after payment clears. Confused I don't even mind if they sent a message it might be delayed or something, it is the total lack of response that is frustrating when one doesn't know what is going on, especially when I have never had a problem in the past. Sixteen days and 12 business days since transaction and still counting.Crying
 1 user thanked Debbie10 for this useful post.
ScrapCat Offline
#41 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:21:31 AM(UTC)
ScrapCat

United States

Was thanked: 1101 time(s) in 715 post(s)
I just had my first bad experience with ebay. I should have read the reviews, but I didn't because I never had a problem. I won a bid for 13.50 from "craftconnection". I had never dealt with them, but base on their rating i thought all would be ok. I know somwone says they have 30 days to ship, but THEY sent me an email stating that my cartrideg was on the the way and even gave me a tracking #. I noticed that there was no activity taking place with the tracking, so I emailed them, no response. Ok, I'll try it again, no response. Waited a week and tried again, no response. i filed a claim with ebay, in the claim they ask what you want to happen, I stated I wanted my cartridge. On the last that that the seller had to respond, ebay refunded my money with no explanation. I really wanted that cartridge and would have liked to have known what acually happened with it. I think the bid was to low and the seller just didn't want to release for that price.Glare suspicious
 1 user thanked ScrapCat for this useful post.
jscraftylady Offline
#42 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 10:45:50 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2008 time(s) in 1090 post(s)
dk1655 wrote:
I just had my first bad experience with ebay. I should have read the reviews, but I didn't because I never had a problem. I won a bid for 13.50 from "craftconnection". I had never dealt with them, but base on their rating i thought all would be ok. I know somwone says they have 30 days to ship, but THEY sent me an email stating that my cartrideg was on the the way and even gave me a tracking #. I noticed that there was no activity taking place with the tracking, so I emailed them, no response. Ok, I'll try it again, no response. Waited a week and tried again, no response. i filed a claim with ebay, in the claim they ask what you want to happen, I stated I wanted my cartridge. On the last that that the seller had to respond, ebay refunded my money with no explanation. I really wanted that cartridge and would have liked to have known what acually happened with it. I think the bid was to low and the seller just didn't want to release for that price.Glare suspicious

I think you may be right. The only times I have ever had any trouble with any seller is on those "too good to be true" auctions. If a seller has a large volume of sales, a few negative reviews may be worth it if they really don't want to let the item go for that price.
 1 user thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
grammasue Offline
#43 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 12:14:52 PM(UTC)
grammasue

dk1655 wrote:

I too got no explanation from Ebay when they refunded my money. It did cross my mind that proudparents2005 did not want to let Elmo'sParty go for my $17 bid. It does look suspiciousBlink
grammasue Offline
#44 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 12:48:27 PM(UTC)
grammasue

jscraftylady wrote:

I too just read the negative reviews on proudparents2005 on Ebay. Out of the first 3 pages (over 50) the VAST MAJORITY complained that they never received their cartridges and had to file a complaint. I did not notice any of them not paying. The other big issue was that they never received a response to their multiple emails. Most disturbing to me is that they are associated with cricutmachine.com that is adding thousands of dollars to folks credit cards without authorization. THAT ISSUE ALONE WILL KEEP ME FROM EVER HAVING ANY BUSINESS DEALINGS WITH THE WHOLE GROUP OF SELLERS associated with cricutmachine.com. I HOPE THAT ISSUE IS BEING INVESTIGATED AND IF FOUND TRUE, THAT THEY ALL ARE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS QUICKLY before any of the rest of us become one of their victims.
TiffysMom Offline
#45 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 12:56:02 PM(UTC)
TiffysMom

United States

Was thanked: 1122 time(s) in 522 post(s)
I won a couple of auctions from them this summer at very good prices but it took FOREVER for ProudParents to send them! I vowed then to never use them again. There was no way to reach the company to ask questions - at least no one ever answered my emails. Very bad CS!
I like MemoryMiser - very fast shipping
JuliaG Offline
#46 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 12:59:34 PM(UTC)
JuliaG

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I have waited 5 weeks for a cart from happyclan5...no response and I have now opened a dispute through paypal that they are also ignoring. Interesting that they are the same "people". Mad
ScrapCat Offline
#47 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:35:53 PM(UTC)
ScrapCat

United States

Was thanked: 1101 time(s) in 715 post(s)
dk1655 wrote:

OH!!!!! I forgot to tell you guys that I tracked the parent company down(hee hee) from my paypal(using anywho.com) account and no one there returned my phone calls either. Beware of this company!!
colorjunkyarts Offline
#48 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:53:43 PM(UTC)
colorjunkyarts

Was thanked: 1671 time(s) in 846 post(s)
Glad to hear you got your refund. I am sure you would have rather had the carts.. Thanks for all the information. I have bought from them but the last cart. took forever. After your experience I will not trust them again. Do you know if all the names they do busisness under are listed somewhere? I know some of them but not all. I know cricutmachine site had gotten so slow I gave up looking some time ago.
grammasue Offline
#49 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:19:49 PM(UTC)
grammasue

colorjunkyarts wrote:
Glad to hear you got your refund. I am sure you would have rather had the carts.. Thanks for all the information. I have bought from them but the last cart. took forever. After your experience I will not trust them again. Do you know if all the names they do busisness under are listed somewhere? I know some of them but not all. I know cricutmachine site had gotten so slow I gave up looking some time ago.

Read POST #19 under this thread. Tracy found ALL the businesses associated and listed them for us.

Big thanks to Tracy.

Edited by user Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:21:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

~tallulah~ Offline
#50 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 6:24:22 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 247 post(s)
TracyJediScrapbooking wrote:
Here is a link to KS Marketing Inc.
http://ksmarketinginc.com/about/brands.html

KS's Brands are:
Paper Crafting Pro
Cricutmachine.com
Die Cut Central
Yudu Style
CGull

and
Verotronics

They are sellers on ebay known as (this is all I could find):
proudparents2005
happyclan5
momshomemadecrafts
and
craftnmom2002

As I was looking in to them, I noticed several mentions of people purchasing through cricutmachine.com and die cut central and stating that once they purchase with them with their credit cards, their cards were hacked in to and hundreds to thousands of dollars were charged to their cards. I don't know all of the facts like when or how, but I heard that if you were to purchase from them to use Paypal. Just and FYI...

the only problem i have with this is that a brand is different than a seller. so where papercraftingpro (for example) is a seller of the cgull brand (a product). now maybe cgull has a site called cgull that sells their products i don't know.

i'm thinking that ksmarketing is a parent company of the others...or a supplier and the others are sellers. i haven't seen or read of anyone having problems with papercraftingpro, diecutcentral, yudu style, cgull, or verotronics as being hacked into etc. only cricutmachine.com and only diecutcentral as the billing name for an ebay seller not anyone who had been compromised when buying at diecutcetral site.

i'm thinking it's not the company so much as the processing place they use. just the other day the grocery chain aldi had a couple of their machines where you swipe your debit card compromised and people lost hundreds of dollars. it hasn't been reported that aldi itself had anything to do with the thefts, just that those machines were compromised...leaving me to think it's an individual(s) in the processing place that is(are the culprit(s).

all that to say that there are risks when buying online or with a card at any place.

1 user thanked ~tallulah~ for this useful post.
cyimbugbitten on 9/30/2010(UTC)
tatum_inoz Offline
#51 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 6:51:59 PM(UTC)
tatum_inoz

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 18 post(s)
It is possible to see just the negative feedbacks only!

When looking at their feedback on the righthand side change the Period from ALL to any of the other time periods, that then organises the feedback into Pos Neut Neg etc
colorjunkyarts Offline
#52 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 10:48:31 PM(UTC)
colorjunkyarts

Was thanked: 1671 time(s) in 846 post(s)
Cursing It is interesting about cricutmachine. I bought something from them once. I had used a credit card and for the first time had problems with the card. Someone had charged like $500.00 on it right away. The card co. caught it right away and issued us new cards. I really feel much better using paypal and lots of sites besides ebay takes it as payment. I will be much more carefull even when I go to ebay. Makes you feel that you cannot trust any sellers.
Debbie10 Offline
#53 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 7:55:03 PM(UTC)
Debbie10

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
So after 21 days and 2 emails with no response, I sent a third email to happyclan5 and put my item in dispute yesterday with ebay, and today I got an email apology from the seller and they say that they have "re-sent" my item and I have a usps shipping number (never received one originally). So we will wait and see. Unsure I am sad Sad that it took putting my item in dispute to get some action, but at least I am hopeful I might get my item.
ottergirl Offline
#54 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 8:00:02 PM(UTC)
ottergirl

Was thanked: 174 time(s) in 141 post(s)
scrapsprite wrote:
This is exactly why I've suggested to Ebay that it would be nice to have a way for users to quickly get to the negative comments without searching through 1000's of other comments. I don't think we'll ever see this implemented as I'm sure it would be a heated topic.Unsure

If you click on their neg number (say they got 15 in 30 days) all 15 of the negative comments will come up
cosmos Offline
#55 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 8:11:54 PM(UTC)
cosmos

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Oh my I am shocked. I have bought numerous things from them including my Gypsy. I had no idea that they were all one business.

I hope that you made them aware that you were posting this on the this forum. Maybe putting them under the microscope a little and letting them know that others will avoid your experience. Glad that you were able to get your money back.

This helps all of us be more informed buyers thanks for sharing.