Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

grammasue Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 06, 2013 9:22:39 AM(UTC)
grammasue

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 465 time(s) in 265 post(s)
I am probably way behind the times but thought I would share. I had my kitchen faucet and hand soap dispenser replaced. I had the company send me a second soap dispenser to match which I used to replace the hot water dispenser which I never used. I filled the second one with dish liquid soap to use to wash things that don't go into the dishwasher such as electric fry pan, etc. Now if they would just come out with a unit head that dispenses the soap onto a replaceable brush on the outlet of the unit. I'm dispensing the soap ontop of my brush so it all works great. I no longer have my dish soap on top of the counter or buried underneath the sink!BigGrin More time for craftingLOL LOL LOL
 2 users thanked grammasue for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting on 4/6/2013(UTC), CricketCMV on 4/8/2013(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 06, 2013 9:31:38 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 1101 post(s)
This sounds really nice!
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
grammasue on 4/6/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 06, 2013 11:24:19 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7566 time(s) in 4432 post(s)
I really love this idea.....I'm always pulling the dishsoap bottle up, putting it away, pulling it up, putting it away!!! Actually, I don't even buy the soap to wash my hands using the dispenser anymore, because I don't especially like the handsoaps you can buy. So, I think I'll be putting my dish detergent in that dispenser.

I LOVE YOUR IDEA! TFS!!

Char

Edited by user Saturday, April 06, 2013 11:25:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
grammasue on 4/6/2013(UTC)
grammasue Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 06, 2013 2:52:02 PM(UTC)
grammasue

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
I really love this idea.....I'm always pulling the dishsoap bottle up, putting it away, pulling it up, putting it away!!! Actually, I don't even buy the soap to wash my hands using the dispenser anymore, because I don't especially like the handsoaps you can buy. So, I think I'll be putting my dish detergent in that dispenser.

I LOVE YOUR IDEA! TFS!!

Char

Let us know how it works for you. I emailed the faucet company headquarters to challenge their engineers in coming out with a dish soap dispenser that would have a pull out hose to make it easy to scrub pans etc and with multiple types of brushes such as one for baby bottles, etc. I was glad to hear at least one person found the idea somewhat useful. Am always skeptical on whether or not I will get flamed for proposing ideas outside of craftingLOL

CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 06, 2013 4:01:28 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 7566 time(s) in 4432 post(s)
Originally Posted by: grammasue Go to Quoted Post
Let us know how it works for you. I emailed the faucet company headquarters to challenge their engineers in coming out with a dish soap dispenser that would have a pull out hose to make it easy to scrub pans etc and with multiple types of brushes such as one for baby bottles, etc. I was glad to hear at least one person found the idea somewhat useful. Am always skeptical on whether or not I will get flamed for proposing ideas outside of craftingLOL

LOL!! Yes, I always worry a little about what I talk about on here, too!!

Well, I decided not to do this......for this reason: I have always used Palmolive dish soap since my mother always used it as I was growing up and I did plennnnnnnnnnnnty of dishes growing up. I have a very sensitive sense of taste and smell. I could NEVER stand the smell of other dishwashing liquids. My sisters (two of them) got married before I did and they used alternative brands. I couldn't STAND the smell of the soaps hitting the grease in the skillets; and, I always felt like there was an odor when we started to heat the skillets on the burners. I helped people, as a young girl, cleaning their homes (mostly older ladies) and they always had other dishwashing liquids, too. I really had a hard time with the smells.

So, when I got married....I stayed with Palmolive.

In the past 43 years I have used it.....and the past ten or so....I realized it was so thick I was wasting it every time I used it. So, now I dilute it half and half with water to stretch it out!! Can you tell we've been retired for a while?

So, I'm thinking my diluted dishsoaps won't work! I didn't want to try placing the diluted soap in my dispenser.

Sorry!

I think it's great that you sent your "idea" to the company. How else do you think they get all their good ideas?

Char
grammasue Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 06, 2013 4:32:19 PM(UTC)
grammasue

Chars Quote: I have always used Palmolive dish soap since my mother always used it as I was growing up and I did plennnnnnnnnnnnty of dishes growing up.

That reminds me of a story that has stuck with me for years. My sister and I went grocery shopping together in the early 60's with my sister and I trying to make ends meet out on our own. When we ended up at the check stand, my sister had in her basket margarine and steaks, I had butter and hamburger and you guessed it....my mother had butter and steaks. The checkout clerk who knew us had a good laugh over thatLOL LOL As for soaps all I can remember my mother buying was DIAL bar soap when we were kids but I can't remember what she used for dish soap.

2 users thanked grammasue for this useful post.
rhondah* on 4/8/2013(UTC), CricketCMV on 4/8/2013(UTC)
ottergirl Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2013 9:26:05 PM(UTC)
ottergirl

Was thanked: 174 time(s) in 141 post(s)
My Mom died when she was 56 and I was 30. I have been married for 44 years and I am still amazed at how many things I buy because my mom bought them and how many things I do because my mom did them. We also use Palmolive but I must admit to skidding away a bit and using the apple scented one. I am very sensitive to scents and odors. I have a very hard time in other people's homes. Scared And folks who douse themselves in perfume or aftershave...ugg. RollEyes

Edited by user Sunday, April 07, 2013 9:28:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked ottergirl for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/8/2013(UTC)
rhondah* Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 9:32:36 AM(UTC)
rhondah*

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 12313 time(s) in 8234 post(s)
Originally Posted by: grammasue Go to Quoted Post
Chars Quote: I have always used Palmolive dish soap since my mother always used it as I was growing up and I did plennnnnnnnnnnnty of dishes growing up.

That reminds me of a story that has stuck with me for years. My sister and I went grocery shopping together in the early 60's with my sister and I trying to make ends meet out on our own. When we ended up at the check stand, my sister had in her basket margarine and steaks, I had butter and hamburger and you guessed it....my mother had butter and steaks. The checkout clerk who knew us had a good laugh over thatLOL LOL As for soaps all I can remember my mother buying was DIAL bar soap when we were kids but I can't remember what she used for dish soap.

BigGrin Cute story!
leenapaul765f09beee Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 4:32:10 AM(UTC)
leenapaul765f09beee

I have a hand-soap dispenser on the right and a lotion dispenser on the left (L is for Lotion). It's very handy. I agree that squirting dish soap in the kitchen sink is easier. I do a glob also.
Bugsy2 Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 5:01:27 AM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Was thanked: 441 time(s) in 311 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ottergirl Go to Quoted Post
My Mom died when she was 56 and I was 30. I have been married for 44 years and I am still amazed at how many things I buy because my mom bought them and how many things I do because my mom did them. We also use Palmolive but I must admit to skidding away a bit and using the apple scented one. I am very sensitive to scents and odors. I have a very hard time in other people's homes. Scared And folks who douse themselves in perfume or aftershave...ugg. RollEyes

I too am very scent sensitive. As well as other's homes, I sometimes have issues in public. On the weekend my son and I stopped to buy some marshmallows on the way to a friends house for a bonfire. We headed down the aisle and there was lady way at the end. I could literally smell her perfume from where I stood.. and that was a good 35 feet away!! Of course as we got closer (she was standing in front of the marshmallows trying to decide between jumbos or minis) I nearly threw up. The smell was overpowering... well at least it was to me. Apparently the scents I smell aren't as bad as I make them out to be... according to the people I shop with anyway.Confused

Edited by user Wednesday, May 01, 2013 5:02:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Bugsy2 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 5/1/2013(UTC)
JoyceG Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 6:57:05 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Was thanked: 883 time(s) in 576 post(s)
My cabinet space is limited so I use a decorative Oil bottle to hold my dish soap in and keep it sitting in the small 4" space between the sink and wall. I also use palmolive, the green original. I used the pink one (for sensitive shin i believe) once and didn't like it.

Joyce
sharibear Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 7:09:26 PM(UTC)
sharibear

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 85 post(s)
i have different ones for holidays (you know the cute ones lotion comes in) ,,,, I use them 4 dish soap so you can't see the ugly bottle sitting there and when its not a holiday one it is just a plastic bottle with a pump on itLove Love