Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

21 Pages«<89101112>»
KelleyRooks Offline
#271 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 1:30:17 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Even though I am not competing for the prize, Just wanted to show I researched my partners tooBigGrin

Beanie:

1. What style/theme did your partner request for her configuration box? TH printer's tray, G45 OCS, Steampunk

2. What does your partner not like related to crafting? Mean people

3. What state does your partner live in? New Mexico

4. Did you exchange contact information with you partner? Yes

5. Tell me one thing about your partner that isn't on their mq or questions? She crafts with her friend Rita - Sunflower Sky; She is a kind and courteous swapper who takes great care in making something special for her partner.

6. What page or post number is your partner's mq on? p13, post 389

7. Name 3 of your partners 10 most favorite products from their mq. Prima, G45, and Ranger

8. What is your partner's favorite paper? G45

9. What is your partner's favorite color(s)? Green

10. What technique does your partner want to know more about? Encaustic Wax

Caffinee:

1. What style/theme did your partner request for her configuration box? TH Configuration book - steampunk

2. What does your partner not like related to crafting? Fellow pink hater...knew I liked her for a reasonBigGrin

3. What state does your partner live in? New Jersey

4. Did you exchange contact information with you partner? Yes
partner.5. Tell me one thing about your partner that isn't on their mq or questions? She is redoing her basement, kind and thoughtful

6. What page or post number is your partner's mq on? 15,424

7. Name 3 of your partners 10 most favorite products from their mq. Tim Holtz, Basic Grey, Recollections

9. What is your partner's favorite color(s)? Dark or bright

10. What technique does your partner want to know more about? Didn't answer on mq

Edited by user Saturday, May 11, 2013 1:49:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP Offline
#272 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 5:18:17 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 735 time(s) in 618 post(s)
COB is my partner

1. What style/theme did your partner request for her configuration box? Vintage patriotic

2. What does your partner not like related to crafting? She likes it all

3. What state does your partner live in? MA

4. Did you exchange contact information with you partner? No because I have it all ready

5. Tell me one thing about your partner that isn't on their mq or questions? she has 2 children in the Armed forces

6. What page or post number is your partner's mq on? 248

7. Name 3 of your partners 10 most favorite products from their mq. TH products, Glimmer Mist,G45

9. What is your partner's favorite color(s)? Can't believe that I don't knowBlushing Blushing

10. What technique does your partner want to know more about? I think she knows them all
BigGrin

Edited by user Saturday, May 11, 2013 2:02:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP Offline
#273 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 5:22:10 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: CraftyOldBat Go to Quoted Post
But I'm worth it Smile

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Researching Paul Revere and a lantern (hint hint)
I didn't know his history as well as I thought I didBlushing but I can still make it workLOL

Edited by user Saturday, May 11, 2013 5:24:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CraftyOldBat Offline
#274 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 9:46:39 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 390 time(s) in 325 post(s)
Kauimelody

1. What style/theme did your partner request for her configuration box? Shabby Chic/Vintage but she approved Asian through PM

2. What does your partner not like related to crafting? The anxiety associated with feeling like she signed up for too many swaps.

3. What state does your partner live in? CA

4. Did you exchange contact information with you partner? Already had it

5. Tell me one thing about your partner that isn't on their mq or questions? She's not a fan of Justin Bieber

6. What page or post number is your partner's mq on? pg 12
7. Name 3 of your partners 10 most favorite products from their mq. Anything TH, stickles, feathers
8. What is your partner's favorite paper? G45 for prints/Bazzill for solids

9. What is your partner's favorite color(s)? Pastels with white or metallic accents

10. What technique does your partner want to know more about? craft of parchment
CraftyOldBat Offline
#275 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 10:14:10 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
Questions:

9. What is your partner's favorite color(s)? Can't believe that I don't knowBlushing Blushing

To be fair to Jean, I don't have, therefore have never listed favorite color(s).

Edited by user Saturday, May 11, 2013 6:59:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CraftyOldBat Offline
#276 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 10:16:34 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Researching Paul Revere and a lantern (hint hint)

Love BigGrin

EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#277 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 3:35:43 PM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 96 post(s)
JCI -- I just wanted to let you know we have had an emergency in our family and it has been very difficult. My husband's brother is in the final stages of cancer and they called us all in this past week as they don't expect him to make it through the weekend. We just got home this morning and checked in with our family and the doctors have told them that he is in a coma now and it won't be long. Sorry to have to share gloom and doom but it has been such a hard week and it is just nice to be able to come home to share with friends.

Evelyn
JeanP Offline
#278 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 5:33:54 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Originally Posted by: EvelynRobinson2 Go to Quoted Post
JCI -- I just wanted to let you know we have had an emergency in our family and it has been very difficult. My husband's brother is in the final stages of cancer and they called us all in this past week as they don't expect him to make it through the weekend. We just got home this morning and checked in with our family and the doctors have told them that he is in a coma now and it won't be long. Sorry to have to share gloom and doom but it has been such a hard week and it is just nice to be able to come home to share with friends.

Evelyn

Sorry to hear the sad news.

CraftyOldBat Offline
#279 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 7:00:30 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Evelyn

So sad, am very sorry to hear this. Hope you and your DH don't have too difficult a time.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#280 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 5:30:34 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 652 time(s) in 533 post(s)
I am making for Kelley and I can honestly say that I have not yet read what she may have written for answers to any questions for this swap, and I've never read her MQ, so my answers are solely based on what I know about her from prior swaps and conversations.

Questions:

1. What style/theme did your partner request for her configuration box? I would imagine Grunge or steampunk and maybe even a touch of vintage. definitely not girly or frilly or flowery as in pastels

2. What does your partner not like related to crafting? Not pink and frilly girly

3. What state does your partner live in? Oregon

4. Did you exchange contact information with you partner? No, because we already have each other's info from prior swaps as we are both hostesses

5. Tell me one thing about your partner that isn't on their mq or questions? She's an odd duck (her words)

6. What page or post number is your partner's mq on? Couldn't tell you but I know it's posted under her avatar

7. Name 3 of your partners 10 most favorite products from their mq. Couldn't tell you as I've never read her MQ But I bet she has listed TH products, G45 paper, glimmer mists, owls, anything grungey or steampunk and I know for a fact that she has an addiction for anything alterable, including any and all styles of config. boxes! And her closet is overflowing with these alterable items.

8. What is your partner's favorite paper? Oh, she has several. G45 for sure! But she used to collect every pad that came out for one of the paper companies...DCMV maybe? She likes to buy and hoard high quality, name brand, designer paper

9. What is your partner's favorite color(s)? browns, as in grunge. NEVER EVER PINK! She loves Heidi Swapp teal spray and bronze spray

10. What technique does your partner want to know more about? She's been challenging herself this year to take more classes and learn new techniques and I know she used one when making Kim's paint brush....but I couldn't tell you the name of the techniques or if she's even ever spelled out the technique's name

11. What crafting items does your partner get freaked out over?? Tildas.... and other faces too!

12. What color does your partner least like? PINK

13. Does your partner like to color with copics or other markers? No, it's not her thing...she'd rather get dirty and ink it up with TH products - inks, paints, stains, sprays, etc.

14. What is your partner's favorite project to do? Alter anything!!!!

15. What is your partner's fav. holiday? She likes Halloween projects so I'd have to say Halloween....but she made for me at Christmas time and did an awesome job...so she likes that holiday too!

and finally....

She's too kind to everyone! Even 5 monsters.... lol

What more do I need to know about her?
JeanP Offline
#281 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 6:11:27 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Am I loosing it or whatBlushing Confused Huh

Gwynne, where did you find questions 11-15 or did you make them up yourselfLOL

(Good answers for Kelley btw)
CraftyOldBat Offline
#282 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 8:30:11 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

What Jean said...
KelleyRooks Offline
#283 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 8:48:18 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Not necessarily Jean...have cob pm me with the number you got right..... max 10 pts. BigGrin
KelleyRooks Offline
#284 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 9:44:28 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
I am making for Kelley and I can honestly say that I have not yet read what she may have written for answers to any questions for this swap, and I've never read her MQ, so my answers are solely based on what I know about her from prior swaps and conversations.

Questions:

1. What style/theme did your partner request for her configuration box? I would imagine Grunge or steampunk and maybe even a touch of vintage. definitely not girly or frilly or flowery as in pastels

2. What does your partner not like related to crafting? Not pink and frilly girly

3. What state does your partner live in? Oregon

4. Did you exchange contact information with you partner? No, because we already have each other's info from prior swaps as we are both hostesses

5. Tell me one thing about your partner that isn't on their mq or questions? She's an odd duck (her words)

6. What page or post number is your partner's mq on? Couldn't tell you but I know it's posted under her avatar

7. Name 3 of your partners 10 most favorite products from their mq. Couldn't tell you as I've never read her MQ But I bet she has listed TH products, G45 paper, glimmer mists, owls, anything grungey or steampunk and I know for a fact that she has an addiction for anything alterable, including any and all styles of config. boxes! And her closet is overflowing with these alterable items.

8. What is your partner's favorite paper? Oh, she has several. G45 for sure! But she used to collect every pad that came out for one of the paper companies...DCMV maybe? She likes to buy and hoard high quality, name brand, designer paper

9. What is your partner's favorite color(s)? browns, as in grunge. NEVER EVER PINK! She loves Heidi Swapp teal spray and bronze spray

10. What technique does your partner want to know more about? She's been challenging herself this year to take more classes and learn new techniques and I know she used one when making Kim's paint brush....but I couldn't tell you the name of the techniques or if she's even ever spelled out the technique's name

11. What crafting items does your partner get freaked out over?? Tildas.... and other faces too!

12. What color does your partner least like? PINK

13. Does your partner like to color with copics or other markers? No, it's not her thing...she'd rather get dirty and ink it up with TH products - inks, paints, stains, sprays, etc.

14. What is your partner's favorite project to do? Alter anything!!!!

15. What is your partner's fav. holiday? She likes Halloween projects so I'd have to say Halloween....but she made for me at Christmas time and did an awesome job...so she likes that holiday too!

and finally....

She's too kind to everyone! Even 5 monsters.... lol

What more do I need to know about her?

LOL You are pretty close without reading the MQ....

1. AbsolutelyBigGrin
2. Pretty good answer...My MQ answer: [b pink and pastels, foofy or cutesy - no paper dolls or faces on things [/b]
3. Yep
4. I did pm my info, but yes we already have it.
5. yep
6. p 10, 282
7. my answer: very close TH and other metals, Inks, paints, stains, sprays, ribbons and trim, buttons, pearls and bling, inka gold, tulle
8. I am a paper snob !!!!- you nailed that oneBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin graphic 45, Any brand that has text backgrounds, a distressed look or grungy look, tim holtz, and now getting into a little prima (not the super girly ones though - love engraver) I do like vintage papers as well. Just not too floral or cutesy
9. Brown is definitely one of themBigGrin Oranges, Reds, Blues, Greys, Reds, Browns, Black, Greens, darker shades of neutrals (NO PINK OR PASTELS)
10. Yep

answers 11 & 12 - correct; they are a part of my #2 answer
13 & 14 - definitely
15 - my mq says christmas....but my absolute favorite holiday is black friday....not for the reasons you would think though. It is the one day I get off of work, not required to be anywhere with family, events, celebration...I get the whole day to do what I want.BigGrin
LoriSjogren Offline
#285 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 7:40:35 AM(UTC)
LoriSjogren

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2137 time(s) in 1406 post(s)

1. What style/theme did your partner request for her configuration box? None, but I am leaning towards a heritage look for her... tell me now, Gwynne - like or no like?BigGrin

2. What does your partner not like related to crafting? She's an easy going kinda gal :) But she does not like the mess glitter makes even though she own some bottles.

3. What state does your partner live in? She's a neighbor! Pennsylvania

4. Did you exchange contact information with you partner? Already had it

5. Tell me one thing about your partner that isn't on their mq or questions? She has a kitchen that is sage green and yellow. It is decorate with apples that have gold highlights. She is talented and creative and very nice.

6. What page or post number is your partner's mq on? p3, post 75

7. Name 3 of your partners 10 most favorite products from their mq. Tim Holtz (keeping him in business just like me!), Prima, Memory Box - a girl after my own heart! Smile

8. What is your partner's favorite paper? Gina K Luxury, Bazzil, Webster Pages

9. What is your partner's favorite color(s)? Red, blues, bright spring & summer colors. Not to keen on black if it dominates

10. What technique does your partner want to know more about? alcohol inks on metal
LoriSjogren Offline
#286 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 7:42:26 AM(UTC)
LoriSjogren

United States

Evelyn

Evelyn, I am sorry to hear this.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#287 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 8:33:04 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 652 time(s) in 533 post(s)

I just made them up! Cuz I was having fun thinking of what all I know about Kelley even though I didn't first prepare for this quiz challenge by first reading thru her MQ and answers....

I knew Jean would be the first one to ask me where I found those questions! lol

RockinRobin1 Offline
#288 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 9:10:32 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1190 time(s) in 656 post(s)
Sorry Denise, but I didn't have time to look at your MQ yet.Blushing This is the best I could do from memory.

1. What style/theme did your partner request for her configuration box? vintage

2. What does your partner not like related to crafting? neons

3. What state does your partner live in? PA

4. Did you exchange contact information with you partner? I already have hers from bead swap, and I think she already has mine.

5. Tell me one thing about your partner that isn't on their mq or questions? She received a lovely bouquet of Sunflowers (silk I think) in a basket from JeanP in the Spring Poem swap. She liked them because she has sunflower curtains in her kitchen.

6. What page or post number is your partner's mq on? #254/9

7. Name 3 of your partners 10 most favorite products from their mq.

8. What is your partner's favorite paper?

9. What is your partner's favorite color(s)? Colonial blue and mauve.

10. What technique does your partner want to know more about?
SUNFLOWERSKYESec6f9fbb Offline
#289 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 11:16:32 AM(UTC)
SUNFLOWERSKYESec6f9fbb

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Candy Hazzard

Questions:

1. What style/theme did your partner request for her configuration box? SOMETHING POP CULTURISH/PETER NOONE OR SHABBY CHIC

2. What does your partner not like related to crafting?CLEANING UP THE MESS

3. What state does your partner live in? lIVES IN CANADA IN THE NIAGARA REGION

4. Did you exchange contact information with you partner? YES

5. Tell me one thing about your partner that isn't on their mq or questions? lIKES ROAD TRIP VACATIONS; MRRIED 38 YEARS

6. What page or post number is your partner's mq on? POST 78 PAGE 3

7. Name 3 of your partners 10 most favorite products from their MQ MS PUNCHES, TIM HOLTZ, PRIMA FLOWERS

8. What is your partner's favorite paper? BO BUNNY, GRAPHIC 45

9. What is your partner's favorite color(s)? TEAL, PURPLE AND NEUTRALS

10. What technique does your partner want to know more about EVERYTHING ON UTUBE AND MB

KelleyRooks Offline
#290 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 11:26:35 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

From Lori's answers about Gwynne - technique: alcohol inks on metal

Ways I have done it:

1. Traditional: Alcohol inks on the felt tool w/ the alcohol solution and pounce onto the metal directly.

2. Direct: Squirt and drip directly from the bottle to the metal.

Both these get almost a translucent color unless you build it up.

My favorite
3. Paint with Gesso first, then drip then do either 1 or 2. The colors come out super vibrant
with less ink used. I like to let them drip into eachother

4. Ink then sand off part or most of it for a grunge feel.

This is just some of the techniques.... the website says you cannot = but I do anyway mix around with the patinas and the alcohol inks. I like the effect.
 1 user thanked KelleyRooks for this useful post.
LoriSjogren on 5/14/2013(UTC)
SUNFLOWERSKYESec6f9fbb Offline
#291 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 2:31:00 PM(UTC)
SUNFLOWERSKYESec6f9fbb

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Hi Kelly,

Sorry to hear about your craftroom. I hope the dad offered to replace what his kids destroyed.

I have a question for you. Have an idea for the switch plate but read thru your MQ and it states no dolls or faces. Does that mean all or just the ones without faces or Matildas.

Thanks
Rita
KelleyRooks Offline
#292 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 3:46:18 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Originally Posted by: SUNFLOWERSKYESec6f9fbb Go to Quoted Post
Hi Kelly,

Sorry to hear about your craftroom. I hope the dad offered to replace what his kids destroyed.

I have a question for you. Have an idea for the switch plate but read thru your MQ and it states no dolls or faces. Does that mean all or just the ones without faces or Matildas.

Thanks
Rita

Thank you...no nothing was replaced except by my shopping yesterday.

Here is where I stand with faces....They all creep me out. My only exceptions maybe that of images in some paper lines (mainly G45 - like on steampunk debutante, etc)or a steampunk downloaded image along that lines, or that kind of stamp. Otherwise I really do not like them sam I am. (Odd duck I tell ya')

CandyHazzard Offline
#293 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 6:53:14 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 174 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Rita got all the questions about me correct ... well maybe except for the favourite colour cause that changes every time I fill one of these questionaires out ... but I think those were my favourites on the MQ
craftymomof2 Offline
#294 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 7:44:34 AM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 84 post(s)
JCI- I have everything together, just need to get busy creating. Waves to Denise and Terri!

Hugs, Lana
LoriSjogren Offline
#295 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:26:38 PM(UTC)
LoriSjogren

United States

Originally Posted by: KelleyRooks Go to Quoted Post
From Lori's answers about Gwynne - technique: alcohol inks on metal

Ways I have done it:

1. Traditional: Alcohol inks on the felt tool w/ the alcohol solution and pounce onto the metal directly.

2. Direct: Squirt and drip directly from the bottle to the metal.

Both these get almost a translucent color unless you build it up.

My favorite
3. Paint with Gesso first, then drip then do either 1 or 2. The colors come out super vibrant
with less ink used. I like to let them drip into eachother

4. Ink then sand off part or most of it for a grunge feel.

This is just some of the techniques.... the website says you cannot = but I do anyway mix around with the patinas and the alcohol inks. I like the effect.

I just learned this technique this year when I made the altered utensil. That was so cool!
SherrieStevens Offline
#296 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 8:49:41 PM(UTC)
SherrieStevens

Was thanked: 151 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Just checking in. I'm still working on my project. thanks Sherrie
KelleyRooks Offline
#297 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 12:57:27 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Reminder to all, keep the check-ins coming...for now on this swap I am only checking every other week until it gets closer to the due date.

KM - 14days since last check-in.....now you have to post something that will make me laugh out loudLOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

QOD - Do you enjoy doing new things crafty wise or do you do it as a challenge to get out of your comfort zone?
JeanP Offline
#298 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:00:06 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

QOD - Do you enjoy doing new things crafty wise or do you do it as a challenge to get out of your comfort zone?

I think a little of both.

It is hard though, to teach an old dog new tricksLOL LOL LOL
KelleyRooks Offline
#299 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:21:09 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

The people that completed the questionnaires are

COB
Gywnne
JeanP
Lori
SunflowerSkye

I will do a random draw tonight for the winner.
CandyHazzard Offline
#300 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 3:07:27 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 174 time(s) in 158 post(s)
I like trying new things ... and I like remembering that I liked the old things BigGrin