Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Calmom Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 4:57:28 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2092 time(s) in 1068 post(s)
I was checking out the EBay Community Board and their has been 8 EBay Sellers that have gotten screwed when selling their Gypsy. I just wanted to give a heads up, so none of you get taken.

There are Buyers on EBay that purchase Gypsy's with 100 or more Cartridges loaded, one had 310 loaded Cartridges. When the Buyer receives the Gypsy, they notify the Seller that there is NO loaded Cartridges on them. The Buyer is forced by EBay and Paypal to allow the Buyer to return and refund their money. Keep in mind that the average Sale was $400 +. Thank goodness the Sellers didn't sell the Cartridges with their Gypsy or they would be out plenty.

One of the Sellers decided to record her Gypsy's Serial Number of the Gpysy she sold and shipped. When the Seller received the Gypsy back, the serial number was different and there was no Cartridges on the returned Gypsy, in fact the Gypsy wouldn't even operate properly.

Obviously, this is a scam going around, so a word to the wise, record your serial number and take a recording of the serial number and the Cartridges that are loaded on it. There suspect that these scammers are buying non-operating Gypsys cheap, and then shipping those to the Seller for Refund.

If the Seller doesn't have proof, EBay and Paypal will always side with the Buyer.
 5 users thanked Calmom for this useful post.
Ken's Kreations on 3/20/2013(UTC), rhondah* on 3/20/2013(UTC), garagesaler on 3/20/2013(UTC), Moxy77 on 3/21/2013(UTC), chellabella on 3/21/2013(UTC)
melodylanedesigns Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 5:21:45 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1779 time(s) in 884 post(s)
Hopefully when they get the gypsy to ccr working and you update your Gypsy it should only allow you to use the cartridges that are linked to your Cricut account. You should not sell the Gypsy with carts loaded on to it, isn't that what it says when you link them.

I do feel bad for the sellers, but the cartridges should be sold with them.
Calmom Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 5:29:59 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Originally Posted by: melodylanedesigns Go to Quoted Post
Hopefully when they get the gypsy to ccr working and you update your Gypsy it should only allow you to use the cartridges that are linked to your Cricut account. You should not sell the Gypsy with carts loaded on to it, isn't that what it says when you link them.

I do feel bad for the sellers, but the cartridges should be sold with them.

If so, these Sellers would be out a Gypsy and would no longer have their Cartridges. There are many who have sold their Gypsy w/o the Cartridges or linked Cartridges. It is their business but some I know have had to do it for extreme financial hardship, are you going to judge them? I'm not, I've been there before and it is painful and you do what you have to to survive.

PC made it so NO ONE can unlink their Cartridges and now it is biting them in the butt because customers are really pissed they can't link their Cartridges to CCR, something PC is obviously is forcing down our throat.

1 user thanked Calmom for this useful post.
Ken's Kreations on 3/20/2013(UTC)
CraftyMel Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 6:29:35 PM(UTC)
CraftyMel

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Can you post a link to the discussion please? I have looked and cannot find it Sad
Trinity Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 7:06:09 PM(UTC)
Trinity

United States

Was thanked: 1192 time(s) in 594 post(s)
I've sold just my Gypsy on ebay and guess I'm lucky cause my buyer was pleanty happy with what she gotBigGrin Feel bad for the ones that are getting ripped off though. Hopfully they catch who ever is doing this.Angry
Calmom Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:14:17 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Originally Posted by: Trinity Go to Quoted Post
I've sold just my Gypsy on ebay and guess I'm lucky cause my buyer was pleanty happy with what she gotBigGrin Feel bad for the ones that are getting ripped off though. Hopfully they catch who ever is doing this.Angry

I think most are honest but there are always the bad ones out there, unfortunately.

cheryl d Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:09:47 AM(UTC)
cheryl d

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 196 time(s) in 123 post(s)
i sold mine on facebook. i took pics of each working function, recorded all the carts..never thought to write the serial #. but it all worked out .